Tires/headroom?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2001, 12:29 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tires/headroom?

I don't own a TL yet but test drove one and really liked it. Acceleration was great, shifting was Cadillac smooth, and it seemed extremely quiet. The type S was faster and had a little more headroom but the seats didn't seem as comfortable. I was wondering if anyone has replaced the stock tires with something more sporty and if any owners are really bothered by the headroom? I'm not sure if I pushed the right button on the sear adjustment but it felt like I was looking out the top of the windshield. Is it the front to back button or the seat tilt button that raises and lowers the whole seat?

Thanks
Steve
Old 10-13-2001, 12:56 PM
Ain't No Other...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front to back button lowers and raises the seat, headroom is a common design flaw in our cars, but its not THAT bad...its because the roofline is very slanted back fromt he windshield on...There are a TONS of tires you can choose, from cheap Kumhos that will handle well, cheap Nittos that will handle well, Dunlops SP 9000 that will handle extremely well but will wear out fast, and Toyo T1-S that handles extremely well, your best bet for size is 225/45/17...