Ticket in MO...advice...can i get out of it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 03:07 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ticket in MO...advice...can i get out of it?

So i got a ticket for going 81 in a 60 in Missouri coming back from St. Louis to Carbondale. The thing is, the officer didnt have me sign the ticket and the time for court is clearly marked 7 PM instead of 7 AM. I don't know if it was a mistake on the officers part or what but i don't know of any courthouse thats open till 7 pm. Anyways, is there any way i can get this ticket voided because of a technicality, in this case the timing being marked wrong. And does me not signing the ticket have any significance? Sorry if it sounds like a noob question but never really dealt with this crap before. and i dunno if its relavent but i should add that i just went to court this past week for another speeding and improper lane usage ticket but they dropped the lane ticket because i plead guilty to the speeding. Thanks in advance for anyone with info.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
there are MANY places that hold traffic court at NIGHT so that people with day jobs can appear. Try calling the number on the ticket for further info
You are not required to sign the ticket- It is only an acknowledgement that you understand what it was written for, and you agree to show up for court.
The officer wrote a detailed account of the stop and your attitude in his notes- in case it goes to court.
Not to mention the CAMERA most Police cars have now- that pretty well shows you getting the ticket, voice is recorded too.

Having just been to court will show up on the computer, and will be taken into account~~ you, a younger driver, who did not learn your lesson
21 mph over -you are lucky he didnt write reckless driving on it too- thats double points!

Go take your lumps and drive closer to the speed limit.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
note: I have never heard of a court OPEN at 7 AM-
9 am is normal start time for day court.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:00 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
not much u can do but hope the cop doesnt show up. couple months ago i got 5 tickets at once comming back from an azine meet. all but one got dropped bc the cop didnt have it recorded, need a lawyer that pointed it out for me, set up traffic school, so my records still clean and bought a radar/laser detector. o and slowed down a bit also
Old 11-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to get out of a speeding ticket, your best bet is to get a lawyer in the jurisdiction. They usually know the DA, and can get the ticket reduced to a non moving violation.....but at a cost. Usually twice the fine, + $100 or so for the lawyer. All this is assuming you have a fairly clean driving record already. The DA probably won't do this for a dirtbag who's had 3 or 4 on their record already. Good luck.