Ticket Avoidance!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2001 | 11:54 AM
Intermediate

Ticket Avoidance!!!

Wow - what luck. It's been one of those days that just won't cooperate. Blockbuster giving me crap over my girlfriend returning a movie with the wrong tape in it and then charging me $150, trying to get everything together for our anniversary today only to have the florist lose the order and not have anything ready...uggh.

So I'm pissed, I want to drive, and I find myself weaving through the herd on the highway. A Camaro SS (those white ones with the big orange race stripes) decides he wants to play too. He could probably smoke me on a runway, but in traffic I trounced him - he just made poor choices and tailgated a lot. Then, as traffic thins out, he's all pissy - we're probably both doing 80 at this point, and he floors it, catches me, and we go around a slight bend in the highway neck and neck, where there is a cop sitting with his little laser gun.

I drop it into fourth then third real fast, letting the vehicle slow itself without flashing the brake lights. He slams on his brakes. Cop peels around, comes speeding at us with lights flashing...and pulls over the Camaro!

Something to be said about driving a low-key four-door sedan vs. a "look at me" sports car...
Old 08-14-2001 | 12:23 PM
Instructor

Re: Ticket Avoidance!!!

Originally posted by TxD90
Something to be said about driving a low-key four-door sedan vs. a "look at me" sports car...
Reminds me of when I was taking a trip from Connecticut to Cedar Point in Ohio. In the front was me with a 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe. My friends were right behind me in a Buick Roadmaster station wagon. We were both doing about 75/80 on I-80 in PA, but guess who got the ticket.

Paul
Old 08-14-2001 | 12:42 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: Ticket Avoidance!!!

well, that is very lucky. At least you did not get a ticket. You've saved some money by avoiding ticket.
Old 08-14-2001 | 12:43 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Something like this happened to me a few weeks ago. I was going north on 101 tailing this with BMW. He was cutting through traffic and I was basically just tagging along. All of a sudden this red convertible porsche zooms past us on the slow lane (we were already going 80). I then waitied to see if the BMW was ever going to bite, and after realizing that the BMW was done playing, I gave chase to the red porsche. Not even 10 seconds into the chase I saw a highway patrol car merging in with us. He must of seen both of us waaay before I identified him, so I decided to let the car drift without using the brakes to blend in the crowd more. The patrol car then cuts me off, turns on his lights, and flags down the porsche who's only 2 cars ahead of me.
Old 08-14-2001 | 02:24 PM
No, you are a dork.

With my prior car, a 1999 Audi A4 Quattro, my sister, her husband and I were heading away from the oceanfront after a couple of bars and were going about 75 on the interstate. My brother-in-law said, "Let's see what this thing can do". So, at about 110mph I come around a curve in the road, only to pass a state trooper. He immediately proceeds to come after me, pulls me over and says, "License and registration please". I could smell a DUI....(as he probably could as well) After a 10-15 second pause, he says, "Watkins(my last name), what the hell are you doing?". The trooper was my suite mate in college about 10 yrs ago. Talk about luck.......
Old 08-14-2001 | 04:25 PM
Racer

I wish I had luck like some of u guys.... especially that other post who got pulled over the other day after he was drinking..... hell i don't even drink and got pulled over cuz some stupid benz slowed me down so i couldn't make the light =*( and not to mention loosing my cell phone 2 days before the ticket and loosing all the phone #s..... uuughhh...

heres my post http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=19480