Thoughts on repairing my TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 10:56 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts on repairing my TL

So I'm new to the forum (tonight).

I have a 2002 TL, that I bought new a year ago. Unfortunately, I was in an accident on Monday (someone pulled out in front of me and I was going 45mph). The good news is I'll vouch for the safetly of the TL - I walked away with a small burn from the airbag and nothing else.

The bad news is the car didn't make out so well. I'm curious on what the thought is on repairing cars now days. The frame is "supposedly" ok, but I have this feeling the car will never be the same. Maybe I'm wrong. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 07-31-2003, 01:11 AM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Thoughts on repairing my TL

Originally posted by Kubosh
So I'm new to the forum (tonight).

I have a 2002 TL, that I bought new a year ago. Unfortunately, I was in an accident on Monday (someone pulled out in front of me and I was going 45mph). The good news is I'll vouch for the safetly of the TL - I walked away with a small burn from the airbag and nothing else.

The bad news is the car didn't make out so well. I'm curious on what the thought is on repairing cars now days. The frame is "supposedly" ok, but I have this feeling the car will never be the same. Maybe I'm wrong. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Thoughts on repairing your TL. I wich it was your choice. The insurance will most likely fixed it, since the car is still worth a lot of money. I don't think it will be the same again, but hopefully they will do a good job and it will be almost the same. Good luck
Old 07-31-2003, 01:33 AM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Get a reputable shop that can repair the damage. Make sure they use genuine acura parts and you will be fine. If there is frame damage it will be minimal from the picture you posted and any good repair shop will have a frame straightener which uses lasers to precisely straighten the frame to less than a milimeter. From the looks of it you need:
Hood
fender
passenger door
front bumper
headlight
rim/tire
a bit of suspension work
grille peices
some minor subframe work - don't worry it bolts right in
airbag(s)
repainting of new parts

They will not total your car because there is still plenty of good car left. They only total a car if it will cost more to fix(labor and parts) than the car is worth.
HOPE THIS HELPS

Good luck and keep us posted on any new developments.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:04 AM
Banned

Usually with front end collisions the car never feels the same, but yours doesnt look too bad. Just looks like damage to the outside (from what I can see). The only consern would probably be that bent wheel.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Ouch, glad you were not seriously injured.

I think the technology today is so good, the car can be very well repaired!

It will likely all be in your head. I am the same way.

Good luck.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:02 PM
2nd Gear

UPDATE

Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping they total it out, but, the body shop can't even move the car in the garage to do the tear down. The suspension is totally shot and they think pushing it in the garage would cause more damage. So I still don't know if the insurance company will make me repair it or total it out. Maybe by next Wednesday.

I've got this sinking feeling that they'll repair it and then if I ever try to sell it a record of the accident and air bag deployments will be out there - reducing the value...what a pain in the *ss.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:20 PM
Still sluggin' it out

Unfortunately, your right. Hopefully they total it out.

If you can get into the yard where it is being stored, hit it a few times in the front with a forklift or something LOL maybe that will finish her off

Good Luck!!!!!!!!