Thinking of lowering the car, have a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thinking of lowering the car, have a couple questions

Hey guys. Firstly, I'm wondering what you guys suggest I do to lower my car. I'm a typical fast driver, love the car to handle well, but I'm not one of those guys that wants to have to completely go 1 km/h over speed bumps/humps. And on occassion, my dad will drive it, and probably won't be as careful as I would be when I drive it.

1) Keep in mind that I have the skirt package all around (Came with the A-Spec)
2) I'm looking for a nice even drop, probably 2-3 fingers all around

3) If any of you live in a "traffic calmed neighbourhood" you know what I mean when I say Speed Humps. If any of you have springs and have gone over these speed humps before, what's the maximum speed you can safely go over them without wrecking your skirt package??? I know that right now I can go no more then 40-42 km/h over them without hitting.
BTW I'm referring to the speed humps that have interlocking on the top part of it, to make the hump more bumpy, forcing people to really slow down.

4) Do I need to almost come to a full stop when going over speed bumps?

5) I live here in Toronto, where the roads aren't so bad. At times, there are roads that I take which have a couple bumps here and there, should I be worried??? How about the ride on the highway?

6) Do the springs make the ride a lot firmer??? I find that the TL-S already has somewhat of a stiff ride on the highway.

If I have anymore questions, I will let you guys know...Thanks a million.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:36 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as long as you don't slam the car you won't have any issues with having to go 2 mph over speed bumps, etc - about 1" puts you are the perfect height for looks and still maintains an excellent ride - a set of springs will make the suspension a bit stiffer but this all depends on which setup you go with

i do have a brand new set of apexi worldsport coilovers for sale that will fit your car - they are height adjustable from 0-4" lower and will maintain and excellent ride quality but still give you that more aggresive lowered look - let me know if you are interested in those - email me at ihaterice@hotmail.com if you have any more questions, thanks
Old 10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Drifting

even the lowest springs you can get wont slam you down that much...so dont worry about it
Old 10-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Instructor

ive got HR Sports. 1.5 fingers in back and a full 2 fingers up front. I have the big long humpy speed humps in ma neighborhood and i can still go over them at the same speed ~20mph without scraping my bodykit. in fact ive only scraped once in the past 4 months and that was cuz i bottomed out comin out of a parking deck, even at 2 mph, couldnt do anyting bout it. the ride is a lil stiffer, u will feel lil hard bumps, but nuttin that bothers me. handling is also much improved, feels alot tighter. initially u will be like whoa thats a big drop, but after awhile i feel the front needs to be dropped 1 fingers worth more. plus the Sports are the best value for the buck. i got'em for $155 shipped.