thinking of getting another, completly different TL...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
both charges are summary offenses... makes it a lil' ""better""...
In the states, summary offenses are not considered a 'criminal record'.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:56 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MikePA
Justin did not indicate what he did. It was Irish.Wake who was doing 120 a few years ago and got caught.

You're being charged with Failure To Read Entire Thread - Misdemeanor. Your sentence is to answer the next 10 posta where a newbie asks (1) Can they burn their own CDs and play them in the stock HU or (2) Should they buy a used TL, they're worried about the transmission.
Okay, I can accept that punishment, but please, please, please don't make me respond to 2006 TL Horsepower threads!

Wow, yeah, I have not paid attention well at all during this thread.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Wallace, LA

Originally Posted by MikePA
You're being charged with Failure To Read Entire Thread - Misdemeanor. Your sentence is to answer the next 10 posta where a newbie asks (1) Can they burn their own CDs and play them in the stock HU or (2) Should they buy a used TL, they're worried about the transmission.
What about the difference between a TL-P and a Type S?
Old 11-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Racer

If you think the chrome rims and everything will slow you down, throw it into the TL you have now. And to tell you the truth, any car is fast enough to get you into trouble, the only thing thats different is the time is takes to get there. Why start up another money pit when you have a good one in front of you!
Old 11-04-2005, 03:27 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by JimmyTLS
If you think the chrome rims and everything will slow you down, throw it into the TL you have now. And to tell you the truth, any car is fast enough to get you into trouble, the only thing thats different is the time is takes to get there. Why start up another money pit when you have a good one in front of you!
Hahahah THANK YOU.... you could get just as many tickets in a damn GEO metro
Old 11-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TLsu
What about the difference between a TL-P and a Type S?
I debadged mine...so I have a TL-P now ...right ?

Good luck with whatever happens on the 18th Justin.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:48 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Originally Posted by JimmyTLS
I could use my current TL, but i realllllllly want a black car black is sexxxxxxxxy.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:35 PM
99 SSM Tl

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
The 00+ TL-P is about half a second faster than the 99... what performance mods does the 99 have that overcomes that?
I do 14.98@95mph and im less moded than her
Old 11-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
No offense taken man, this is OK.

But I can assure you I learnt the lesson...

I am facing a THREE year suspension of my license, along with a CRIMINAL record, and a fine up to 4000$, ON TOP of the 7 points and 535$ ticket I got by mail.

People drove drunk, hit cars and got away for MUCH less than that. To me, the consequence is unfair. My lawyer and I will discuss this with the judge on the 18th.

I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm just looking for support and ideas to help me with my problem. I realize what I did (I will not get into details) was stupid and that it will cost me a lot, not only because of the fines, record and suspension, but my insurance will go up big time, the cost of my license (when i get it back) too, and a criminal record aint no good. The story even made it in a local weekly newspaper (EXAGERATED, on top of that , just like the police report...)

Anyways, I'm really sorry for what I've done, and I am ready to pay the (fair) price.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

-Justin
Justin:

Learning your lesson is good. Sometimes we need to learn from the school of hard knocks before we are willing to change our behavior. I'm glad you are becoming more responsbile for your actions, it shows maturity and level headedness which I applaud.

With a good lawyer, you should be able to remove the crimminal record and reduce your penalty. What you need to do now is learn how to control your right foot (I know how hard it is), and swapping your 99 TL-P for a new one doesn't make sense. If you can't control your foot in your modded 99 TL-P, what makes you think you can control it in the 02 TL-P? The fact that the 02 TL won't have any speed mods doesn't make a difference. You will still speed but be slower getting there due to all the extra weight. I recommend you take some time to reflect on how to gain self control. You'll be a better guy because of it. My 2 cents.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by MrAlex
I do 14.98@95mph and im less moded than her
Who are you referring to?

Oh yeah, and good luck with everything. I've been there before, it sucks. Deal with the consequences and move on, hopefully learning a valuable lesson in the process. Keep your car, black cars are pains in the asses to keep clean.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:36 PM
99 SSM Tl

Originally Posted by jayhawk815
Who are you referring to?
Justin car Vs my car
Old 11-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Tristate Vip Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
hey Justin,

I wish you luck with everything. Take this advice from an old man (32).... well older man at least, when I was your age, damn now I sound like my dad, anyway, when I was your age I use to drive fast and very aggresive. Driving in and out of NYC from NJ for 5 years for school will do that to a man. Now, I dont drive like that anymore. My friends laugh and remember how aggresive I use to drive in the past and ask me what happened to that person, I guess I just grew up. Dont get me wrong I still open her up, but not like I use to in the past. I guess the older you get you realize that we are not immortals and things could happen in the blink of an eye, here one minute gone the next. Well, I guess I think like that as well because I work in the medical examiners office and see all types of motor vechile accidents. People like you and me just driving home from work or school thinking whats for dinner and BAM, accidnet, lights out game over. Bottom line, sorry for the soap box speech but it really isnt worth it, the worst calls I make are calling in parents to come in and identify their son or daughter. Next time anyone reading these words wants to speed or drive aggresively, think just think of how the people around you would be if you were no longer around. Ok, I'm done. Signing off, sorry for the long speech. JBL
Old 11-04-2005, 06:43 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Long speeches can often be good. I really appreciate it.