Thinking about new rotors...will these work well??

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thinking about new rotors...will these work well??

hey guys,

I'm looking into replacing my stock rotors with something a little bit more durable, and I'm trying to prevent this warped rotor sh*t for more than a few months. So I decided to go with an aftermarket rotor. I have my eye on 2 possibilities.

Firstly, I have decided that no matter what rotor I buy, I will stick with the EBC greenstuff pads. Now the question is what rotor should I go for?

I have settled between two. The first one is the rotora slotted rotors. I will go for the front and rear set if I do anything.

The second one is the irotors. They are cross drilled/slotted and they come with 2 front and 2 rear rotors.

They can be seen here on auction. They sell for 259 for 4 rotors (2 front, 2 rear). The advantage to them is they look like they will dissipate heat very well, and are cheaper too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33564

let me know what you guys think is the best route to go.

thanks
Old 02-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
IMO, I would go with the Rotora slotted front/rear rotors just because I have heard of the cross-drilled/slotted cracking in some cases. So I'm taking it your keeping your A-Spec Jeff?
Old 02-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by `ill*tl
IMO, I would go with the Rotora slotted front/rear rotors just because I have heard of the cross-drilled/slotted cracking in some cases. So I'm taking it your keeping your A-Spec Jeff?
still debating...!!!

I love that thing, I could never get rid of it! As mad as I sounded yesterday, and as much as I sounded like I hated the car...I looked at her yesterday at the dealer and I realized I couldn't live without that car...it's a babe magnet!!! Such a sexy ride!
Old 02-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by sc354
still debating...!!!

I love that thing, I could never get rid of it! As mad as I sounded yesterday, and as much as I sounded like I hated the car...I looked at her yesterday at the dealer and I realized I couldn't live without that car...it's a babe magnet!!! Such a sexy ride!
Ahahaha, looks like someone has TL fever. Glad to hear your keeping the A-Spec.
Old 02-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by `ill*tl
Ahahaha, looks like someone has TL fever. Glad to hear your keeping the A-Spec.
the truth is...I went through withdrawal just like fsttyms1 did when he had his baby in the shop...anyways I'm off to pick up my girl...and I mean my g/f not the car, I just can't wait to drive the car!!!

I love that thing!
Old 02-22-2004, 05:04 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go with the Rotoros and Axis Ultimate pad combo--it is awesome (see my other post for review).

The Axis pads are greater than or equal to the greenstuff pads that I had on my car prior to this set up--and not as expensive. The quality of both the rotors and pads is very nice.