Thanks to trippin555

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 04:20 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to trippin555

I want to thank trippin555 for letting me drive his beautiful Aegean Blue TL-S today. For those of you who don't know him, he has Comptech springs, sways, exhaust and headers as well as AEM cold air intake.

My main concern was if I lowered the car if it would scrape when I entered and exited my townhouse underground parking. The good news is that as long as I exercise care when exiting, I can avoid the scrapes. I am also sold on the raked look of the comptech springs vs. the level look of the H&R sports.

Next step is to place my order with Tim.

Incidentally, for those of you who are thinking about exhaust, but are concerned about obnoxious exterior sound or droning interior sound, the Comptech may be for you. Great sound on WOT, barely audible at cruise.

Of course most of you know this already, but the ride is so much better with the springs and sways and the sacrifice in ride quality is negligible. We took a ride on the worst construction spots on the freeway and the ride was not much harsher than stock.

I highly recommend that fellow TLers get together and test ride the mods of others to make you more confident about your decision to spend the bucks.

Thanks again to trippin555 and the rest of you on the board who have helped me make my TL-S the best it can be. Pics to follow...