Suspension Dilemma...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 10:12 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension Dilemma...

I've had my TL-S since June and have racked up about 3,000 miles. I love the car and can't wait to lower it and maybe do a few other things. Here's the problem...

My wife needs to drive the car about half the time, and while she does like the car, she feels that the suspension is a little stiff. While she also agrees that it would look great lowered, she is scared about further sacrificing the ride.

I convinced her to get this car instead of the BMW 530i. I did not think that the BMW was worth 10K to 15K more, but the overall ride is smoother while still being sporty. Since we saved a boatload of money on the Acura, I am not against spending a few grand to make this car handle and look better. The question is can this be done and still have better ride quality?

I have heard about the Zeals and read the posts. Are these the answer to my prayers? Can they do just a modest 1 inch drop and smooth out the road for wifey, and then let me drop 'em down and dirty so I can terrorize the town?

Once again, I am not as concerned about spending the money...I just want to know if there is anything out there that can satisfy my needs. Sorry for the long post, but I hope one of you can be my savior.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 08-08-2001, 10:46 PM
Ex TL-S owner

I just got my car lowered w/Comptech Springs and I like the ride. It is only rough when you drive on really crappy roads. I don't know about CA's roads, but NY has pretty bad roads! When I drive on nice roads, I don't even notice the ride quality being rough, but I do notice the improved cornering. The car also sticks to the road more instead of the car feeling like a boat.

IMO, I think Comptech Springs has the perfect drop. I love how my car looks level.

Old 08-08-2001, 11:43 PM
Bada Bing

I agree with carfreak...I love how my TLS looks with the Comptech drop...not to mention how it handles, yet the ride quality really doesn't suffer.
Old 08-10-2001, 10:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

If she is complaining about the stock ride, you would probably be OK with a spring that does a 1" drop, I did the 1.7/1.5 drop and you get a greater feel for the road and as the others mention they are stiffer on bad roads. Mine are 25% stiffer than stock, but all said and done, I wouldn't trade 'em.