Store to Avoid in S.Florida

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 01:25 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Store to Avoid in S.Florida

So, I had my spoiler put on my TLS today. $50 bucks for the install. All good.

Half way back to work I make a right turn, and realize the blinker is blinking way faster than it should have. Great.

Take it back, the guy says no problem: 5 minutes later he emerges with my turning signal bulb, points out it is a bit cloudy and says the bulb is blown out, which is why it is blinking so fast on that side; recommends I get a replacement bulb.

I point out that the odds of the bulb blowing out at the exact same time they are wiring my brake light is 1 million to 1.

Fine, I say though. 10 minutes later I'm in the parking lot of discount auto parts, putting in a new bulb.

Of course it doesn't work. (Insert cursing here)

So back to the store I go. After 20 minutes of denials and blaming it on everything from a wiring problem in the front of the car to an act of g-d, 1 of their electricians climbs into my trunk; and after 2 minutes tracing everything; fixes the problem.

The sales person who I talked to meanwhile sees me standing there and jumps in his car and drives off.

While I am glad it all worked out ok,

It wasn't so much that someone screwed up; it's that even at the end, they continued to deny they did anything wrong. BS.

(The electrician knew exactly what the problem was and fixed it in 2 min)

Whatever, stupidity isn't stopping me from loving my new spoiler.

Marc
Old 09-25-2003, 01:37 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least you find someone knows what he is doing......... beside you got your new spoiler put on.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:42 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had this experience when a shop hooked up fog lights in my old car. The fogs comes on for no reason. What really bothered me was that my alarm will go off when I was parked, because it thinks that there is an intruder in the car. I went back and the guy look through everything and said there is nothing wrong. I urge him to look at it again because it wasn't doing this before the fog installation. Finally, he said it was a wire that they didn't grounded right.