Stock injector size for 03 TLS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stock injector size for 03 TLS?

Like the title says, anyone know the stock injector size for 03 TLS?
Old 07-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Can't find it on another, unavailable forum.

They are about 30 -31 lbs/hr or close to 320 cc/min.

So what are you looking to do now and how are the pulleys coming??
Old 07-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

It seams to be available now

Anyhow, I found a site that talked about injector sizes/horsepower,....and based on your answer, I'm afraid we're at the end, and near 100% capacity! At 80%, I figure we need 38 lbs/hr for 300hp, and 42lbs/hr for 335hp? I don't mind taking the IM off to add larger injectors but I'm not sure if we can do so without changes to the ecu. I can drop the static fuel pressure a bit because it's so rich, which if I'm thinking correctly, will help the injectors to back down from near 100% but not by much. Also, I think adding headers and a cooler intake charge will lean it out too, so I'm thinking I should just wait to adjust the FP. Maybe I'm just thinking to much.

Update on the pullies,....they want to make them out of alluminum with a hardened coating on the outside. They were trying to find out from Gates if the ribbs were metric or what. No one seamed to know. No prices yet. Dean said he would be able to get another pulley for me. I can probably get my stock boost pulley back, and get yours shipped back to you by the end of next week. I'll check with Dean when I get mine back next week, to see where he's at with it, if you'd rather have the new one.

I can just wire the IC pump direct without any switching, right?
Old 07-12-2003, 12:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Some luck tonight with posts...

Anyway, about the injectors and pulse width. Remember we are clamping the MAP signal so the ECU never sees anything above atmospheric pressure. As such, and regardless of HP output, the pulse width remains nearly stock at WOT. We get our additional fuel only through the fuel pressure increasing which the ECU knows nothing about.

I'm guessing that numbers you used were at a static pressure and using a .45 BSFC?? If so we would be at the pulse width limit. However, we are over coming it with additional pressure.

Our injectors should be good for about 450 crank HP at the higher pressures. It would be preferred, though, to run larger injectors with lower pressure at that HP level to insure longevity.

The concern is about running too much pressure for the injectors which we should be good up to about 130 PSI (for the pump and injectors). Eventually we will need larger injectors and even at this point would not hurt. If we ran larger squirters you could drop the pressure proportionally to the injector size increase. This would decrease the overall load on the pump, etc.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

The formula I used was HP x .60 B.S.F.C. / number of injectors x .80 (duty cycle). I found it here. http://www.capa.com.au/library_injectors.htm I don't know how good that formula is for our application.

I guess I'm just wondering what the possible combination might be running 7.5 psi, intercooled, without engine management. With the stock injectors, if I drop my static down to 50 psi, the fmu could send 125/130 psi at full boost. Even at the 6 psi I think I'm at 125/130 psi with the cuerrent static pressure at 65 psi. I really should try to get that down a bit don't you think, even at 6 psi ?:wow:
Old 07-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Banned

the mdx injectors are a bit bigger than the tls ones and some peeps have swapped them out. but that wouldbe pretty pointless if u dont have some major mods (ie. supercharger along with all the bolt-ons.)
Old 07-12-2003, 09:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

str8acura,

Where did you get the pictures of my car for your sig? Oh wait, I don't have a spoiler.

Thanks for the heads up on the MDX injectors. I wonder what size they are. Probably a bit expensive from the Acura dealer I bet. :wow:
Old 07-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by ModAddict
The formula I used was HP x .60 B.S.F.C. / number of injectors x .80 (duty cycle). I found it here. http://www.capa.com.au/library_injectors.htm I don't know how good that formula is for our application.

I guess I'm just wondering what the possible combination might be running 7.5 psi, intercooled, without engine management. With the stock injectors, if I drop my static down to 50 psi, the fmu could send 125/130 psi at full boost. Even at the 6 psi I think I'm at 125/130 psi with the cuerrent static pressure at 65 psi. I really should try to get that down a bit don't you think, even at 6 psi ?:wow:
That formula does work, but it assumes you have a 1:1 regulator.

Running larger injectors would allow you to drop the base pressure. Depending on how larger they are and the amount dropped you can suffer idle or cold start issues. But more than likely it would be fine. I ran 40lb/hr units in my old GTP with the stock tuning and it ran fine.

A drop of about 15% in pressure might be reasonable running about 370cc injectors.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by str8acura
the mdx injectors are a bit bigger than the tls ones and some peeps have swapped them out. but that wouldbe pretty pointless if u dont have some major mods (ie. supercharger along with all the bolt-ons.)
And even then it is still pointless to expect any power gains. It mainly helps to allow you to go further before running into problem.

Both ModAddict and I have the Comptech blower and we have beguin experimenting to see what else we can get out of it.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

That formula does work, but it assumes you have a 1:1 regulator.
Oh, ok.

A drop of about 15% in pressure might be reasonable running about 370cc injectors.
Sounds cool.

It mainly helps to allow you to go further before running into problem.
That's what I'm looking for! :smokin:

Thanks for the help!