Stock Acura looking for ideas

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 03:24 PM
FutureNSXowner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Acura looking for ideas

I'll post my car on my avatar soon. But I sold my Mustang about 1 yr ago for this 99 Acura 25K miles. What a speed difference. Anyways Im looking to maybe do something in a few months.

Here is what Im interested in doing and why:
Exhaust; even though it doesn't add much horsepower if any. i ripped off 1 of my mufflers backing in to a ditch, welding it back on for $30. So I want something to make it look better. But i really dont want to buy new and spend $600. Also I dont want one sounding like a stupid civic, vroom vroom. I dont want it to sound like a kazoo. I just want chrome with minimal sound. Also dont want to big bulky pipes like most of you guys have, just want it rather stock looking.

Mainly i want an intake for that aggressive sound. I really like the air intake sound. This is what i want done first really. Where should I start looking for this, ebay??? How much horespower and what is price i can expect to pay?

Thats about it. I think headers costs way to much for the horsepower it gives. I think I'll wait till i get my nsx in a couple yrs instead of trying to make my 225hp acura fast.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Funkdock
I'll post my car on my avatar soon. But I sold my Mustang about 1 yr ago for this 99 Acura 25K miles. What a speed difference. Anyways Im looking to maybe do something in a few months.

Here is what Im interested in doing and why:
Exhaust; even though it doesn't add much horsepower if any. i ripped off 1 of my mufflers backing in to a ditch, welding it back on for $30. So I want something to make it look better. But i really dont want to buy new and spend $600. Also I dont want one sounding like a stupid civic, vroom vroom. I dont want it to sound like a kazoo. I just want chrome with minimal sound. Also dont want to big bulky pipes like most of you guys have, just want it rather stock looking.

Mainly i want an intake for that aggressive sound. I really like the air intake sound. This is what i want done first really. Where should I start looking for this, ebay??? How much horespower and what is price i can expect to pay?

Thats about it. I think headers costs way to much for the horsepower it gives. I think I'll wait till i get my nsx in a couple yrs instead of trying to make my 225hp acura fast.
For exhaust without a ricer sound and something that doesn't look too crazy, I'd go with Comptech Axel Backs. They are about $600 ... So if you don't want to spend that kindof money you're gonna have to find used or maybe get something custom made at a muffler shop.

For CAI, if you care about the sound I'd go with the AEM CAI or AEM V2 CAI. They run about $179 for the original AEM CAI, and $278 for the AEM v2 CAI.

You can checkout all of this from www.c-c-c.net ... Also, you can get headers from OBX or Stone for about $300 (OBX) or $400 (Stone). They're not as nice as the Comptechs but they cost a lot less. Do a search here and you'll find a lot of pros/cons for the OBX/Stones. Performance wise they're all the same btw, so you should get about ~17whp max at the upper rpm range for a TL-P.