Still running strong, but needs a drop!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 12:22 AM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still running strong, but needs a drop!

Just wanted to see how everyone else is with their cars. all the tranny talk worried me a bit, especially since mine shifted hard a couple times. It has been one month now and it seems to me that the tranny is getting smoother. i am more happy now than ever, and especially with the new michelin pilot sports 225/45/17, braking and handling are at new levels.
MY NEXT BIG UPGRADE:
Since my new tires make the car look even higher, so i need a drop. i have found a hook up that will get me tokico springs and shocks model HP for $400 flat. I figure this is amazing since it is for both springs AND shocks. Anyone have any experience with either Tokico HP or the 5 way adjustable Illumina series??? I want a close to stock ride, with a light drop, i hate the damn dropped look. I can get the Illumina adjustable stiffness set for for only $100 more, is it worth it?? any input is HIGHLY appreciated.

Also, i had a post along time ago regarding the OBX headers for 300 flat shipped. It turns out that the company is very slow with the shipping, and i still havent received my set. They offered me a refund and apologized for the wait, so i know they wont screw me. I am going to wait a bit more, this deal is too good to pass up!
Old 01-17-2003, 01:30 AM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm running Tokico Illuminas set at 3 with Comptech springs. Drop is not too drastic & ride is firm. If you can afford it, go with the Illuminas so you can taylor the ride to your taste. I'm probably going to lower my rear settings this weekend to 2 and see how it rides & handles. I don't know much about the Tokico springs but I think they're linear but I'm not positive. Call Tokico and talk to a tech. They're great people there.
Old 01-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got apex n1 now i used to have h&r sports 1.5" drop and they are a nice drop with koni yellows which are super email me if you like them