Step Up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 09:46 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Step Up!

Peeps is it just me, or does Acura need to step it up. I am not just talking about product line, I am talking tv as well as brochure advertisement. I went to the Philly car show last week and took a bunch of brochures home with me and Acura's was by far the weakest. I mean the Volvo one was more exciting. Okay, maybe I went a little too far but you get my point. For instance, would it be that hard for Acura to put their 0-60 times like their so called main rivals BMW and Lexus did on every one of their vehicles? It is not like they have anything to be ashamed of. Hello Acura, performance is a large reason people bought the TL. And another thing that annoys me is that they seem to put the better technology in the lower tiered car first. I know that the new Accord and TSX are brand new, but man do I really have to look over at a card that is atleast 5 grand less than mine that has a better Nav, stereo, and dual-zone climate control(TSX)? Oh well, I guess this is how RL owners felt when the TL got HID's and 5 speed auto(which the RL still doesn't have) first
Old 01-19-2003, 12:58 AM
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Well, I went to the Salt Lake auto show last night and the guy that sold me my car was there, meaning that tone dealer was representing Acura...they were in the hall with BMW and Mini, Porshe and the exotics, but they had no TSX and no NSX...Mazda did not have the RX-8 either (but a local dealer gets it Thurs-Sat next week, I am gonna go get pics!!! Maybe post em here) They had the STi WRX and the Evo Lancer here (suby and Mitsu) no M cars in the BMW end, and Dodge did not even bring the Viper...
Old 01-19-2003, 05:58 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally i think Honda/Acura is trying to apeal to a different crowd. They know that they can't beat BMW performance...so why try...they konw they can't beat Lexus quality and luxury...so why try. Try something they are good at. So what are they good at? Protecting the earth!!! LUV, ULEV, SULEV, NEV...this is crap, no one cares about emission. No one cars about hybird or electric cars neither...but honda keeps making them.

Acura does need to make car more luxurious...damn 03 Accord have better interior then we do. They need to make them with better quality...no more rattles, no more squeaks..no more Bull$hit. They need to make a car that doesn't have a 70/30 weight ratio, they need to change the gear ratios...i'll sacrafic a little of the 21/31 MPG for more acceleration.

Honda is number 2, under Toyota as top jap auto maker...i'll bet you that Nissan will take back there number 2 position within the next 5 years. The altima already shows that it can kick ass. G35 are making a name for themselves.

Advice to Honda/Acura...make your cars A LOT better, put more good $hit in them...keep your price lower then competitors. The low price will be compensated with higher sales resulting in higher revenue. This is what Nissan does...look at all their produce line...their cars are always below toyota and honda...this gives them an edge.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:32 AM

Its all about interior , exterior styling now a days.
Old 01-19-2003, 11:48 AM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
But with all that considered, I'd much rather buy a TL and save thousands over buying a lexus or bimmer.... I love my TL, it performs better than my moms 5 series, granted she has stability control and I dont, but without that, the 5 would be in the ditch every day of the week! I agree, honda/acura need to do a few modifications to their line of cars, but I'm very happy with mine, and couldn't ask for a better car at 18. And BTW - The TL beats the hell out of my old I30, in EVERY way possible!

-Ryan
'99 SSM TL
Old 01-19-2003, 08:57 PM
Instructor

Well Gilgamesh, the TSX was at the Philly show and I must tell you it is pretty nice. Like I stated earlier, nicer stereo, nav, pwr and heated seats, xenon headlights, and dual-zone climate control. Guys, do not get me wrong, I really like my TL. I just think Acura does not do itself justice with its advertising. It might not have the best performance or most luxury, but it has the best of both at the very best price so why not boast it?
Old 01-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
i guess we will have to wait till the new TL comes out. im sure its gonna have every thing the accord and tsx have and then some. by the way my buddys lexus LS400 has just as many rattles as my TL (which is quite afew)