squeak fix dealership experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 02:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
squeak fix dealership experiences?

I am taking my TLS to fix a really annoying squeaking from the rear deck and a minor wind leak from the driver door.

They told me that I will have to leave the car for the entire day so that they can locate the points where it is happening. Of course they will not provide me with a rental, is it reasonable to assume that all this work (squeak detection and fix) will not be charged to me?

In Sep. 01 I had the driver side door + front fender repainted and the chrome handle changed (some ******* scratched it up). I had it fixed at a body shop which has done some good work on my brother's BMW and a friend's Lexus (hence the recommendation)...

I am quite pleased with the work but given my cynical nature I am scared that someone swiped parts from my car (airbags and things like that??) Yesterday I saw on the news about these body shops swiping the airbags and it is giving me nightmares

I am planning to get a 150 point inspection done for peace of mind... how much should this cost and will it catch even the smallest thing wrong with my car? Is there an Acura Certified program..more expensive??

Thanks for any info, Sorry for the long post but I am planning to switch my lease to a loan so I am very concerned