South Florida 2nd Gen TL Members THAT ARE ACTIVE!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 04:32 PM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
South Florida 2nd Gen TL Members THAT ARE ACTIVE!!

If you live in the south florida area and you have a 2nd Gen TL and your highly into your TL and active in modding it etc please post in this thread. To me it seems like there just arent that many 2nd Gens down here that are on this forum and into modding there TL.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just picked mine up November 06'. I got a Black 02' Type S. I havent done too many mods yet but im working on it, its hard while making payments at the same time. So far I got some XSPower headers (cheapy mod) and tinted my fogs yellow. oh yea got l.e.d. licence plate light. Nothing really worth mentioning. Im saving up for some coilovers right now, im trying to find the ones with the lowest drop. oh yea i threw a sound system in there too.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:58 PM
99TL-p 114K

Originally Posted by dutty-07
I just picked mine up November 06'. I got a Black 02' Type S. I havent done too many mods yet but im working on it, its hard while making payments at the same time. So far I got some XSPower headers (cheapy mod) and tinted my fogs yellow. oh yea got l.e.d. licence plate light. Nothing really worth mentioning. Im saving up for some coilovers right now, im trying to find the ones with the lowest drop. oh yea i threw a sound system in there too.
Cool, where in the south florida area you at, you dont have to be real specific, just general area cuz im always on the road driving during the week alot, just curious.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in South FL....I'm not "heavily" into modding but I have a few little things done to it.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Advanced

im in broward county too, i just looked at ur profile and im 20 too. im in coconut creek
Old 02-21-2007, 06:09 PM
B A N N E D

im in miami
Old 02-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Advanced

I'm here in Coral Springs.. I usually drive through Tower Shops on Fridays to see whats good. I'm not planning on anything too heavy on the power end but not closed minded to a SC in the future. Shout me out if you guys wana hook up and talk cars.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:03 PM
99TL-p 114K

Originally Posted by ronie
I'm here in Coral Springs.. I usually drive through Tower Shops on Fridays to see whats good. I'm not planning on anything too heavy on the power end but not closed minded to a SC in the future. Shout me out if you guys wana hook up and talk cars.
Yea, towers every friday has always been an option for anyone thats got a modded car, but ive never seen a TL out there, atleast the one or two times that i have been. Like i said, finding a modded TL 2nd Gen on these south florida streets is some what rare. Pisses me off. Cuz like, the meets are never BIG. Its always hard to do it big or find tons of us ACURAZINE people that can pull off a hughe acura meet down here. But i was just wondering whos in the area is active and that maybe we can have a mini get together every so often or even for a photo shoot. Yes, deff Super Charger is deff on the POSSIBILITY list some day, thats if im willing to drop the doe for it.

OH AND, CAR SHOW This FRIDAY at EVERGLADES HIGH SCHOOL parking lot. Giving trophies for best in different categories. Open to anyone. Car Registration to compete for the categories is $7 and that includes admission. I think its $11 for people that arent entering there car who jus wana walk around. I believe im going so if any of you pass by holla.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Instructor

I'm in Boca (FAU) I'm 17, but I'm at FAU for some classes, (still in highschool) If you guys wanna do something let me know. So far I've only done interior stuff, but I'm looking to put an OEM kit and some engine mods on my Acura,
I'm here...keep me updated
Oh yeah, I have a '02 WDP TL-S
Old 02-21-2007, 09:46 PM
S = Slow

I seen a few hooked up TL's in the palm beach area that im pretty sure doesnt go on this site.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Advanced

just wait for me to get my suspension before the photoshoot pleaasee. i cant stand riding stock height
Old 02-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Burning Brakes

I am in the plantation area

02 WDP type S
Old 02-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Advanced

Dutty.. yew Jamaican? I'm riding stock right now too, so no photo shoot for me. I love to take pics though. I use to whore out my Integra on the G2IC.com board. I'm so down to meet a some of you guys though.. expecially some old skool cats. I'm not a new jack to the honda/acura world or Imports for that matter, however my taste is narrow as my view are wide.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:28 AM
how handsome I am

Well im not in a TL... currently...

I might be selling the CL by the summer, so I'll get back at ya. lol.

Hope all's well with the TL and the ladyfriend yo.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:23 AM
99TL-p 114K

Originally Posted by agranado
Well im not in a TL... currently...

I might be selling the CL by the summer, so I'll get back at ya. lol.

Hope all's well with the TL and the ladyfriend yo.
Haha, you mean, the love of my life. Yeah, shes awsome. Everything is great. Did it big for her on valentines, she was happy and thats all i care. Anyways, TL is straight, slotted rotors and performance cermaic pads coming soon. ITS TIME FOR IT, my rotors are warped to shit, the stock rotors that is.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:23 PM
deal with it

Received 378 Likes on 316 Posts
......i'm from miami.......FIU area......
Old 02-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Advanced

Dutty.. yew Jamaican? I'm riding stock right now too, so no photo shoot for me. I love to take pics though. I use to whore out my Integra on the G2IC.com board. I'm so down to meet a some of you guys though.. expecially some old skool cats. I'm not a new jack to the honda/acura world or Imports for that matter, however my taste is narrow as my view are wide.
nah im trini, but i used to have an integra too. i just sold it in december. still love that car
Old 02-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Advanced

dutty.. coolz.. I'm Guyanese. I'm going to layoff the Integra for a little bit and sort out some stuff. I'm not sure if I wana stay in the Honda tuning scene any longer. I might get a 91 Turbo II or a MR2 Turbo.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:19 AM
deal with it

hey have you guys gone into the meets section theres gonna be a florida meet in daytona on april 21st......the date is not confirmed........but it will be in april......if you guys want to check it out and sign up.......theres poll on the thread to vote for it.......so if guys want to go we could all go in a big group........

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...9&page=6&pp=25
Old 02-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Racer

Checking in..Kendall area!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Advanced

There is this spot in Miami that by friend from Tampa always takes me to.
It's right next to a Wendys and a Gas Station.. and across the street..is a home depot. We were out there this weekend.
Do some of you guys want to meet up there this weekend or Tower Shops in Ft.Lauderdale? I'm down to meet some TL owners that I can fell me in on the TL scene.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Advanced

It's right next to a Wendys and a Gas Station.. and across the street..is a home depot. We were out there this weekend.
Do some of you guys want to meet up there this weekend or Tower Shops in Ft.Lauderdale? I'm down to meet some TL owners that I can fell me in on the TL scene.
i been to that spot a couple times. its off of 27th. i dont think its miami tho, it might be Davie. dont quote me on that though. pretty good spot when cops arent there. lots and lots of open stretches of road with almost no traffic
Old 02-27-2007, 07:46 AM
Advanced

dutty.. you are correct.. it's by that new 1/8 mile track on Okeechobee Rd. Miles and miles of empty roads.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:50 PM
99TL-p 114K

dutty.. you are correct.. it's by that new 1/8 mile track on Okeechobee Rd. Miles and miles of empty roads.
Yea, thats Off US-27. Not sure if everyone knows, but theres tons of performance cars on US-27 at the SUNOCO gas station. Its on 27 and sheridan street. Races start pretty late but its always D'd up ova there. I drove through it once, just to see what was there and if anyone would be peepin the whip as i drove through and sure enough, i was the only TL out there. Its mostly sport compact cars out there with work done and some older guys that got some serious HP in GTO's and other types of High HP cars. Another spot is right off I-75. If your goin South on I-75, its the exit to miami gardens i believe, right before 75 curves to the left and heads towards the palmetto on ramp. The spot is litereally right after you come off the off ramp. Its in a publix parking lot and across the street is a wendys and gas station. Alot of young punks out there, obnoxious kids with rice cars and shit but you do see some nice whips rollin through. Ive been there with a friend of mine, not in my car but in his Jetta GLI. I didnt see any TL there but just lettin you all know.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:03 PM
99TL-p 114K

Arrow My Rims with Tires are FOR SALE!!!

If there are any South Florida 2nd Gen TL Members or ACURAZINE members in general that are local in the south florida area that might be looking for some rims, MY RIMS ARE FOR SALE. Im selling my rims with the tires. If there is anyone locally that might be interested, please let me know ASAP. I will personally drive to you and deliver them to you. If your local, i want CASH or PAY PAL but you have to pay the 3% pay pal fee as well. The rims are Nakayama Racing Phantom GTR Rims with Toyo Proxes4 Tires. Good Tred on them. Rims are in near perfect condition. No Curb Rash. Please refer to the link below in my signature for the SALE THREAD!! Thank You...... I am willing to negotiate for a best offer... I NEED TO SELL ASAP.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:13 PM
T-Swzy

oo this is interesting. not to screw up this thread or anything cause you're a cool guy.
i made the exact same thread about Twin cities members checking in, got deleted the next day. any mods wanna chime in?
Old 11-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I live in Carol City/ Miami Gardens. Im into modding mine but i cant find the underbody lip kit for my 03 type S. Im also saving for a supercharger and exhaust and suspeention.

I need someone to sell me the underbody lip kit and the source for a supercharger
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spread the word im desperate
Old 11-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Got your mom in

Question Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in Carol City/ Miami Gardens. Im into modding mine but i cant find the underbody lip kit for my 03 type S. Im also saving for a supercharger and exhaust and suspeention.

I need someone to sell me the underbody lip kit and the source for a supercharger
Old 11-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Got your mom in

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by dvsxlt247
If there are any South Florida 2nd Gen TL Members or ACURAZINE members in general that are local in the south florida area that might be looking for some rims, MY RIMS ARE FOR SALE. Im selling my rims with the tires. If there is anyone locally that might be interested, please let me know ASAP. I will personally drive to you and deliver them to you. If your local, i want CASH or PAY PAL but you have to pay the 3% pay pal fee as well. The rims are Nakayama Racing Phantom GTR Rims with Toyo Proxes4 Tires. Good Tred on them. Rims are in near perfect condition. No Curb Rash. Please refer to the link below in my signature for the SALE THREAD!! Thank You...... I am willing to negotiate for a best offer... I NEED TO SELL ASAP.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Instructor

in west Miramar. mods so far oem front lip, 2004 tl stocks, eibach springs, and NEO SAFC.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:24 PM
deal with it

go to acurainspired.com become a member theres a diy on that site for the kit.....
Old 11-26-2007, 11:48 PM
99TL-p 114K

Originally Posted by Silva-type-s

Sorry man, i aint been on the forum in a hot minute, but im back lol. Whats up?? So you need help finding a kit. Well, bad news for you. They stopped manufacturing the KITS a while back. Idk if that only pertains to my 99TL KIT or if its for all 2nd Gen KITS including your 03 KIT or not, but yea, there hard to get now. When i had got my KIT i ordered it through the rick case Acura Dealer off sunrise blvd and 441. Give them a call and ask them if they can order one from you. If not, try lookin around on ebay and search this forum for anyone selling a KIT. As for supercharger, i know nuthing about getting ahold of the comptech supercharger because last i heard, comptech was goin out of business and therefore finding a supercharger kit from them would be mere impossible now if anything. Youll have to ask others on the board bout that.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:09 AM
Tl fever...cureless!

wuts good man pines here new to forums
Old 11-27-2007, 09:40 AM
99TL-p 114K

Originally Posted by Billu99tl
wuts good man pines here new to forums
Check your email, i emailed you last night. Anyways, welcome and where in the general area of pembroke pines are you located?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Advanced

bump..

What's up guys...I haven't been here in a bit.
The TL-S is still running strong and trouble free.
On a side note.. I've got a complete underbody kit under my dining room table.
Actually.. it's the oem front and sides with a wings west rear. 3 different colors.
Some one make me an offer...
Old 11-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Advanced

I'm down for a little hang out this weekend.
There is this little park right on the corner of university and South Gate Blvd.
On the side of Don Carter's bowling ally, we can meet there or where ever.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Tl fever...cureless!

I am on close to Flamingo and pines area how about you ? Ur car looks sweet to man lets get together sumtime if you are cool with it! email me billuawan@comcast.net
Old 11-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Got your mom in

I think you're talking about the Wendy's on 167th street and 57th ave in opa locka.

I know there is a Home Depot and a chevy dealership across the street.

Let me know where you guys meet. I live in carol city.

Where is towers shops?
Old 11-28-2007, 07:56 PM
NO BP FUEL IN MY

I'm trying to get my TL down there, but looking at Brevard county.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:35 AM
Tl fever...cureless!

WE can probably meet sumwhere in Pembroke Pines too Huge Pembroke LAke mall parking or CB Smith Park sumwhere there or Brian Pickalu park at Sheridan and Douglas is nice we well ? maybe in a week or next?

Quick Reply: South Florida 2nd Gen TL Members THAT ARE ACTIVE!!