Sorry if this is already posted on Honda recalls

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if this is already posted on Honda recalls

HONDA/ACURA RECALL April 14,2004

I just saw there is a Honda /Acura recall for transmission failure that can be a potential safety hazard...the safety hazard is that the tranny can lock up....

What would I KNOW about that??? PLENTY...anyway for any interested here's the link and again if this has already been posted please forgive my error ,I haven't been here for a long time.

1.st of florida Honda Acura's that have been bought back under the lemon law

http://myfloridalegal.com/resale.nsf/VIN%20-%20Liable%20Manufacturer!OpenView&Start=30

2. Honda /Scura recals autos for tranny safety hazard

http://www.hondanews.com/CatID1000?m...asc&archives=t
Old 04-23-2004, 06:25 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
thanks for the info!
Old 04-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Banned

Unfortunately this recall doesn't affect any of the TLs or CLs. And they seem to be the ones with the most problems.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:30 AM
Peach Tea

i work at a honda/bmw dealership and yesterday i saw about 15 transmission boxes behind the building. i thought it was pretty funny.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:11 AM
Racer

Yes that is pretty starnge that the Tl's and Cl's are NOT being recalled ..if you look at the link I posted above and note the buy backs under the leamon law ,it does show that the majority are 00-03 tl's and cl's..

Has any of this ever made sense? F0r Honda to do a recall on the tl and cl it would look as if they were admitting fault and maybe they aren't willing to do this ...but in all SERIOUSNESS ...I truly feel there has had to be havbe been an accident where the tranny failed and caused a fatality and now Honda is stepping up to the plate ,so to speak.. I mean it just stands to reason at this point ...after all these years? To issue a recall and only for those models...wh knows ,maybe the tl's and cl's will be next ... A BIT TOO LATE for me since mine caused an accident ..with injurie's ,but I don't want to go into all that because some here might not like it.

Well guy's have a great weekend.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:52 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WE have already have one of our members get his trannie replaced with one of the new ones!!!!!
Basically, this guy's trannie went. brought it to the dealership. The mechanic told him that he (mechanic) had a warehouse full of the new trannies (for the MDX, Pilot...).

What I think... the mechanic knows about the "soon to be announced" recall on the trannies for the CL and the TL, so instead of putting another "band-aid" fix trannie, and having to take it out in a few months when the recall is announced. The mechanic put in a newly designed trannie, and told the owner of the car (one of our members) that "he would not qualify for the reacll when it get's announced, because he already has one of the new trannies in.. there would be no point to switch it.....

Plus the dealer did this under warranty, so he has to have the OK from ACURA or he won't be covered for the cost of the trannie.

He posted this a few days ago, says the new trannie doesn't tmake the "thump" sound when it goes in/out of park, and he said it shifts smoothly, and feels "bullet proof".

It's comming everybody, let's just be patient.

That Girl, if your comfortable talking about it, I think most of us should be aware of the possibilities of injury for us and others while in a car. I don't want this to sound like a councelling session, so I hope you're ok, and you have my sympathies on the accident/car.