Someone enlighten me...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 12:38 AM
l33t

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone enlighten me...

So someone please explain to me why the CL-S 6 Speed S/C from Comptech wont work on the TL-S...

Or the Accord S/C...

And what the hell is an Icebox? better than normal CAI? will the accord Icebox work in the TL???
Old 01-16-2003, 07:21 AM
Acura TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Someone enlighten me...

Originally posted by Darkshear
So someone please explain to me why the CL-S 6 Speed S/C from Comptech wont work on the TL-S...

Or the Accord S/C...

And what the hell is an Icebox? better than normal CAI? will the accord Icebox work in the TL???
well, the engine config is a bit different on a 6-speed, in terms of throttle body and mounting brackets and i'm sure there are other differences... and this was the latest reply on Dec 13th from Mike B. at comptech for the SC for the TL-S:
"The reason for the delay was trying to fix an intake resonance at idle speed. We've come up with a solution for it and are moving forward with building the components needed for it. I don't have a firm due date yet, but hope for it to be within two months. "

So hopefully it'll be out really soon.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:37 AM
yeah i'm bored.

the icebox is basically a CAI. from what i see, the only major difference is that the filter is contained in a box, meaning there is no chance of sucking up water through the intake.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
In regard to the supercharger availability only for the 6-speed....

I heard something about emission issues with the non-6-speed CLS and CL and the TL/TLS. Not sure why it would matter, maybe the 6-speed has more lenient emission restrictions. Dunno. Maybe it was just a rumor.
Old 01-16-2003, 12:06 PM
Acura TL-S

Originally posted by NSXNEXT
In regard to the supercharger availability only for the 6-speed....

I heard something about emission issues with the non-6-speed CLS and CL and the TL/TLS. Not sure why it would matter, maybe the 6-speed has more lenient emission restrictions. Dunno. Maybe it was just a rumor.
the Type S is fine, the issue is with regular TL/CL because they meet ULEV standards, and with S/C they will not meet those... the Type S, however, only complies with LEV standards, and will still be copmliant according to Comptech. If you check out their forums, they explain it all.
Old 01-16-2003, 06:54 PM
Racer

the icebox is basically a CAI. from what i see, the only major difference is that the filter is contained in a box, meaning there is no chance of sucking up water through the intake.

I would assume the box has more to do with keeping the hot air form the engine away from the cone.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Ray_Khan

I would assume the box has more to do with keeping the hot air form the engine away from the cone.

Exactly. The whole point is not to allow the hot engine compartment air into your intake.