Some redneck tried to stop a TL with his pickup!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 07:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Some redneck tried to stop a TL with his pickup!

I was driving home last night on Rt.50 from Maryland's eastern shore to the Annapolis area. This is a good highway with two lanes each way. Up ahead was a car in the slow lane going 55 and just behind him a 63' Chevy pickup. As I and the two cars with me (I did'nt know them) approached I could hear the pickup hit the gas and watched as he promply sped up to get next to the 55mph car and stay there! The Neon and Prelude and I jockeyed around for eight miles like this - the pickup even teased us by moving up alittle like he was going to let us by, only then to fall back next to the slow guy. Eventually I moved in behind the pickup - still blocking the fast lane and still next to Mr. Slow - and dropped into third and waited. Slowly the pickup drifted back abit and just as he started to close the gap ( I could hear his exhaust again) I nailed it and in about two seconds was able to blast around him, move left past Mr. Slow and take off! You should have seen the look in his eyes! It was total shock! Thanks to this board I knew what to do to get away from Mr. TOTAL ***HOLE. Just thought you'd like to hear this version of another "kill"!
Old 02-05-2002, 07:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah! teach that gitterdun a lesson.

on the tamparacing site that i go to they have a buddy icon with a mullet. this would be a perfect time to use it too. too bad i can't borrow it. oh well.
Old 02-05-2002, 08:50 PM
Just too cool

hahaha nice.....you should of turned on your emergency lights to show that u smoked his a$$
Old 02-05-2002, 09:08 PM
Drifting

You have a cooler head than I do. I would have wanted to kick his ass after finally getting around him.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:41 PM
Just too cool

i would just flip him off and drive off.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:45 PM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
who does that guy think he is?
Old 02-05-2002, 09:53 PM
Pro

Cooter says "Thanks for passing me."

Was it this guy?
Old 02-05-2002, 10:09 PM
Banned

lmao!!!!
Old 02-06-2002, 12:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

good job man, yeah nail those sob. they are idiots, i really hate them. i mean, wtf are they doing, cops? get outta here......

and usually what i do on these people is, after i blast by them, i will immediately cut right in front of them very closely, and then brake. see their panic look and then go...
Old 02-06-2002, 07:35 AM
Safety Car

this is all so smart

Lets cut them off! WEEEE
Old 02-06-2002, 09:08 AM
Pro

as soon as you got in front of him, you should of pressed that special button that releases an oil slick so that sucker could have slid off the road.....
oh wait, we don't have that button, damn!!!..one of these days....
Old 02-06-2002, 09:51 AM
Advanced

Diversity is clearly what you find when driving. It never fails to amaze me what amuses people while endangering themselves and others. Clearly, he was 'in the wrong' despite the fact he was not exceeding the speed limit. The left lane is for passing. He was simply impeding the flow of traffic.

Passing on the right is illegal but, given what was going on, I'd do what you did. The fact you pulled it off cleanly, and the driver's amazed reaction, are all the satisfaction necessary. Throwing him a bone woludn't have made you his friend and could have incited him to do something far worse. Slowing down or 'tapping the brakes' won't teach him anything and just puts you in his league. Again, you never know what's going through the other guy's mind when he's doing obviously stupid things on the road. Just continue on your way and rest easy knowing that he's becoming a small and insignificant speck in your rearview mirror.

All this 'getting even' stuff, as satisfying as it may seem at the time, just makes a bad situation worse. Road rage is deadly. Recently, a local driver was so enraged by another driver he attempted to cutoff the other car. He lost control of his vehicle and was killed in the crash.

BTW, in the province of Quebec it is now illegal to brake without purpose. It is a message to all drivers that 'brake-tapping' will earn you several demerit points and a fine. They also have a hotline so you can report bad driving incidents.
Old 02-06-2002, 04:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks guys for all your support. I was in a rage for awhile but decided to use the tools at hand ( 3rd gear and horsepower) to get away from Joe Idiot. My thanks to Crmsnidol for his attachment that made me laugh harder than I have in a long long time!
Old 02-06-2002, 07:25 PM
Banned

TheBig Laguna:
"Diversity is clearly what you find when driving. It never fails to amaze me what amuses people while endangering themselves and others. Clearly, he was 'in the wrong' despite the fact he was not exceeding the speed limit. The left lane is for passing. He was simply impeding the flow of traffic. "

He was also in the wrong...depending on where he was...because in quite a few states doing what he did is illegal. There are sign on the way home from Texas to Alabama...I want to say in Louisiana that state this. Although I doubt people usually get pulled over for this.

Austin519