So Cal Dealer Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 05:00 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John's an interesting guy

He can be aggressive when he smells a deal (and when George let's him chase the deal). But his customer service can be spotty.

For example, knowing that I was scheduled to receive a DEP TL-S with navi within a week, he called yesterday looking to try to sell me the one he has in stock. When my order came in with a different color, I made John an offer this morning at 11AM. He said he would get back to me quickly. As of 3PM, no response. I'm a pretty patient guy, so if he cannot make the sale at $31,134 (including locks and guards), he should just say so. In the meantime, I am just getting frustrated and might now wait for the 02 BMW 530i. We'll see how it goes...
Old 09-05-2001, 05:41 PM
tea elle

Re: John's an interesting guy

Originally posted by JusMan
In the meantime, I am just getting frustrated and might now wait for the 02 BMW 530i. We'll see how it goes...
Why would you wait for an '02 BMW 530i? Is there going to be something new already on that car? They just came out with the 530i this year.

And, are you going to forgo so many of the features on the TL-S, or are you going to spend the extra $20,000 for a comparably equipped Bimmer to match the features of the Acura?
Old 09-05-2001, 08:24 PM
Advanced

Re: Re: John's an interesting guy

Originally posted by tea elle

Why would you wait for an '02 BMW 530i? Is there going to be something new already on that car? They just came out with the 530i this year.

And, are you going to forgo so many of the features on the TL-S, or are you going to spend the extra $20,000 for a comparably equipped Bimmer to match the features of the Acura?
Nothing new that I know of but I can wait for the new model year so why not pick the options I want as opposed to picking over what's left?

I do like my TL and would love to get a TL-S. But I wanted a DEP. I've wanted a dark green car for quite awhile now (even before my white 95 Teg). I could be persuaded to get a dark gray, but since Acura doesn't do that in the TL-S...plus I miss having a manual transmission.

Yeah, I know the cost difference is significant, but you only live once and I am irritated at certain Acura dealers right now. But, you are right and I'll probably calm down in awhile. Also, I am now thinking about a 36 month lease due to Bimmer maintenance in the outer years.

P.S. John's manager called me and wanted another $100 to close the "deal" at 31,237. If I hadn't gotten a confirmed deal with Acura of the Desert at 30,700 (+180 for locks/guards) AND did not wait six weeks, I would probably have pulled the trigger. But my frustration level stopped that.
Old 09-06-2001, 01:08 AM
Cruisin'

Lightbulb New Green Color.

Hi Justin,
The Emerald Green Pearl for 02 TL-S is no longer exit.
The new color replace for this green is now call
Noble Green Metallic.
Please make a note of this.
When Acura of Desert receive this color, it will not be DEP.
Please check it out befofe you drive it all the way out there.
Sorry I can't help you with that offer at this time.
Because I don't have many TL-S availabe in stock like I used too.
Please try to understand.
You have a firm price and final offer. And the dealership have the firm and final offer too. It works both ways.
Have you try Keye Acura yet?
Let see if they take the offer? Right now, Acura Dealers go back
to Supplies and Demand Rules.
Supplies low then price go up.
Supplies up then price go down.
Wish you all the luck for that price $31,137 Just Plus Tax and License only.

Sincerely,
John Huynh
Internet Manager
Old 09-06-2001, 01:25 AM
Advanced

Re: New Green Color.

Originally posted by Acuraspeed
Hi Justin,
The Emerald Green Pearl for 02 TL-S is no longer exit.
The new color replace for this green is now call
Noble Green Metallic.
Please make a note of this.
When Acura of Desert receive this color, it will not be DEP.
Please check it out befofe you drive it all the way out there.
Sorry I can't help you with that offer at this time.
Because I don't have many TL-S availabe in stock like I use too.
Please try to understand.
Have you try Keye Acura yet?
Let see if they take the offer? Right now, Acura Dealers go back
to Supplies and Demand.
Supplies low then price go up.
Demand down then price go down.
Wish you all the luck for that price $31,137 Just Plus Tax and License only.

Sincerely,
John Huynh
Internet Manager
John: Thanks for the tip. But I know about the color change. In fact, I told you! Anyway, Acura of the Desert ordered DEP but what came in was NGM. Acura of the Desert was fair enough to immediately let me know what happened. I don't fault them.

Here's a tip for you: Sales happen when both sides believe they are getting a something they want. I do want to point out one fallacy of yours - I DO NOT need the car. I gave you my best price and above it there is no demand from me. I'm sure someone else will want the car and would be willing to pay what you want - everyone is in business to make money. Successful businesses make money by also keeping its customers (via happy and satisfied customers). Regards,
Old 09-06-2001, 01:50 AM
Cruisin'

I do understand that sucess sales person or success business must make customer happy and satisfaction.
I don't make a decision for this low offer at this time.
This is come from the Desk Manager.
I have one more question for you?
Let say, somehow I try to get this deal done for you.
How would you rate my sell skill and my dealership? from 1 to 10
10 is the highest.
Are you very satisfy?
Would you recommend all shoppers go to me?
Are you very happy customer glad that I help you?
Please be honest.
Old 09-06-2001, 02:22 AM
Instructor

Can someone please move this post to off-topic. It no longer deals with anything about our cars. To John, please do not bother me with your posturing and bickering. We are on this board to discuss the TL, not your sales tactics.
Old 09-06-2001, 02:49 AM
Instructor

Off topic???

>> Can someone please move this post to off-topic. <<

The title of the thread is "So Cal Dealer Recommendation", and the post you refer to is from a So Cal Dealer asking a board member about his recommendation. How can this possibly be off topic?
Old 09-06-2001, 02:54 AM
Instructor

I know what the original post was about, but have you bothered to read what was written in the past ten or so posts? It's one salesman arguing with other members. Please read the entire post before trying to involve yourself.
Old 09-06-2001, 03:06 AM
Instructor

Very involved

I'm involved by virtue of being a member of this board. I get to read all the posts, not just the ones you want on the board. I've been following this thread for quite some time, thanks. It's a discussion board and I'm enjoying the discussion.
Old 09-06-2001, 03:22 AM
Instructor

I'm sorry if you don't understand my point. You fail to understand what I said. Oh well...
Old 09-06-2001, 12:13 PM
tea elle

Originally posted by andres
Can someone please move this post to off-topic. It no longer deals with anything about our cars. To John, please do not bother me with your posturing and bickering. We are on this board to discuss the TL, not your sales tactics.
I completely agree with andres. We've got a salesman from South Coast Acura on our board, and he's starting to get really annoying.

I've given this guy all the advice I'm gonna give. Isn't it enough that we deal with car salesman when we're buying cars? Now we've got one poking around after the fact?

WHERE'S THE MODERATOR WHEN YOU NEED HIM?
Old 09-06-2001, 04:48 PM
Instructor

Understand...

>> I'm sorry if you don't understand my point. You fail to understand what I said. <<

No, this is what I don't understand: I am reading a thread with the title, So Cal Dealer Recommendation. There is a Southern California dealer posting and explaining his philosophy and method of selling cars, specifically Acura TL-S. One poster wants the post moved "off topic". Another apparently wants the moderator to move the thread, shut down the thread, muzzle the dealer, or whatever, I'm not sure.

I don't understand why anyone keeps reading threads they don't like or feel no longer address the subject. If I don't like what's posted, or get bored, I move on to another thread. "Thread creep", has been going on since the first thread on the first BBS over a decade ago. On a well run board with knowledgable members the problem is self-policing: people stop reading the thread and it disappears from lack of interest. Or a new thread is started by someone who feels they want to get back to the "original" subject.

I happen to think John is a nice guy but even if he was the most obnoxious, inane, dishonest, boring SOB in the valley no one here is forced to listen to him or read what he writes. To the contrary, the person who wanted a dealer recommendation could glean some valuable insight from reading what this or any other dealer writes. You've already got your car and I have mine but lots of other people read these messages looking for information on buying a TL-S and I think they appreciate this thread and the people who post their experience in it.
Old 09-06-2001, 05:37 PM
Kaz
Cruisin'

tea elle, just because he's a car salesman doesn't mean he is not allowed to post on this PUBLIC forum. if you do not wish to read what he says, then don't.

I don't like car salesman that much either (well most anyways) so i am not defending them/him, BUT you are being rather harsh to say we need a moderator here to deal with a car salesman that chooses to poke around on an acura tl PUBLIC board.

He's not relentlessly flaming people or anything, he just is asking questions and such trying to become a better salesman.

I totally agree with eztider's point.
Old 09-06-2001, 06:08 PM
Advanced

Threads always seem to creep and I take the blame for actually posting my views on the So Cal dealer experience and to which John has responded.

I do agree with the prior posters that on a public board, everyone (even a salesman) has the right to express his/her opinion no matter how badly written or irritating others find it. If one doesn't like it, don't read it and/or don't do business with those they find offending. I'm not sure if John understands the kind of impression he is making, but John, it isn't a positive one. I'm not saying you cannot continue to post your poorly worded messages, but I've personally reached my limit and it seems like others have as well.

For those others calling for movement of the thread, that's your right. However, I do feel that some people may learn from the thread. When I find your comments adding to the thread, I read them, when I don't, I don't. Now I just think this paragraph is obvious and am just trying to be humorous. Laugh a little.

I do like the fact that this board has a great number of active and for the most part, civil, members...
Old 09-07-2001, 10:26 AM
tea elle

Originally posted by Kaz
tea elle, just because he's a car salesman doesn't mean he is not allowed to post on this PUBLIC forum. if you do not wish to read what he says, then don't.

I don't like car salesman that much either (well most anyways) so i am not defending them/him, BUT you are being rather harsh to say we need a moderator here to deal with a car salesman that chooses to poke around on an acura tl PUBLIC board.

He's not relentlessly flaming people or anything, he just is asking questions and such trying to become a better salesman.

I totally agree with eztider's point.
Yeah, eztider's post was outstanding. The car salesman is not just asking questions, he's trying to promote himself on here. And since Tim doesn't want people selling products on this website, it stands to reason that car salesman should not sell their services and/or potential products on here either.

I think I'm beginning to belabor the point, but I also wanted to acknowledge eztider's post and reply to your points.
Old 09-07-2001, 02:10 PM
Kaz
Cruisin'

Perhaps I missed some of the posts you are mentioning. If I am, then......my bad

If in fact he is doing that, then maybe someone should address him with either a pm, or an e-mail so he is sure to see it. I don't mind if he posts here but if the moderators and other people don't want him doing what he's doing (promoting, etc) then they should tell him personally.

Kaz
Old 09-07-2001, 06:07 PM
Intermediate

Smile John's Posts Are OK With Me!

Although I recognize that John H's posts irritate some folks on this forum, they don't bother me (just skip over the stuff that irritates you). In fact, it was a similar post from John last April that got my attention and therefore I started searching SoCal dealers for TL-S pricing; since no equivalent deals were available at the time in Phoenix (or anywhere in AZ).

I eventually purchase my TL-S from John, but had equivalent offers from 2 other SoCal dealers. This would not have happened if I didn't trip onto this forum and read John's post. I also would not have purchased my OEM Body Kit from Tim if I was not visiting this forum on a frequent basis trying to gather data on the best dealers to shop. So indirectly in my case, Tim did make some revenue from John's posts.

I believe John's posts may still be valuable to forum newbies trying to obtain information on where to find the best price/deal on a TL-S or TL. And I believe a key purpose of this forum is to share information between members (as well as generate some revenue for Tim). John and his posts are OK in my book and I vote for not censoring him.
Old 09-08-2001, 06:06 AM
Advanced

I bought mine at Keyes Acura in Van Nuys! Great Deal!

WDP TLS NON NAVI w/ mud flaps and wheel locks

OTD $32,200

Dealed with Prasan Patel...Great Guy!
Old 09-08-2001, 07:30 PM

I think andres and tea elle make very good points. This post should be in off-topic. It started off very informative, but the past twenty or so posts have severely digressed. Eztider, you're talking out of your a$$.

On one last note, I have a question for EZtider:

"Who's d!ck ya suckin?"
Old 09-08-2001, 08:46 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by BigBoy
I think andres and tea elle make very good points. This post should be in off-topic. It started off very informative, but the past twenty or so posts have severely digressed. Eztider, you're talking out of your a$$.

On one last note, I have a question for EZtider:

"Who's d!ck ya suckin?"
great first post!!! ahahahahaha
Old 09-09-2001, 02:29 AM
Instructor

>> Eztider, you're talking out of your a$$. <<

You can kiss this a$$, okay?