Should i just get the TL-S without Navi?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 09:09 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally posted by hunter001:
Steveb, you really don't need the NAVI....in fact, you really don't even need the TL-s.....a Toyota Corolla would do the trick for you....

GULP!

------------------
Old 05-15-2001, 10:48 AM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 505 Likes on 231 Posts
Thumbs up

SteveB,

Lighten up, dude! I know you are anti-NAVI, or at least feel that YOU don't need it. I was not implying that you could not afford it. You did not want it, so you did not buy it... SO? That's your choice.

Did I say "SteveB can't afford it, so he did not get it!"? No.

Here is the bottom line, for every "Should I get a NAVI post", I am going to say "YES", you are going to say "NO". That's why we're here!

I give my reasons why I like it, then you follow up by stating that I have no business deciding what others should do, or need, or spend their money on.

This is getting old. Let's move onto something else...

How about "Wheel Locks?"

:-jon

------------------
-------------------------------------------
2002 TL-S NAV Black/Black
w/Spoiler, Body Kit, Bowling Ball Wheel,
Bowling Ball Interior Trim Kit
Comptech Springs
Comptech Exhaust
StreetEffectz Audio Upgrade (Coming Soon)
Pictures at:
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1626677&f=0

" TARGET=_blank>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1626677&f=0

</A>
Old 05-15-2001, 12:05 PM

you can watch tv on the nav? and play dvds on it?

Originally posted by BlackShadow:
Definitely get the nav! If you can afford a TL-S, then an extra $2K will not kill you.
BTW, I can watch TV and play DVDs on my nav screen.

Old 05-15-2001, 12:31 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by hunter001:
Steveb, you really don't need the NAVI....in fact, you really don't even need the TL-s.....a Toyota Corolla would do the trick for you....
Everyone knows an Acura TL-S is just another car without navi. And the 80% of Acura TL-S owners without it are regretting their decisions and wishing they would have bought a Corolla instead.

Old 05-15-2001, 12:41 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Excactly. If I couldnt afford the TLS with NAV, I personally would of gone with an Accord EXv6.
Old 05-15-2001, 12:50 PM
Intermediate

Wink

LOL

The minute I drove off the lot, I regretted not getting the $2K map with the annoying voice. I got lost trying to get to AAA for some free maps. haha. But hey, us non-NAVIs have more fun driving the long routes in our TL-S.

------------------
2002 TL-S, Aegean Blue Pearl/Ebony, rear spoiler, underbody, Xtra Bowling Ball!
Old 05-15-2001, 12:50 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by oblio98:
SteveB,
Here is the bottom line, for every "Should I get a NAVI post", I am going to say "YES", you are going to say "NO". That's why we're here!

I give my reasons why I like it, then you follow up by stating that I have no business deciding what others should do, or need, or spend their money on.
You missed my entire point and read things into my post that weren't their.

I find it fascinating that you can't comprehend that some people do not need the navi. You are not doing them a favor by telling them that they do. You are putting everyone in the same category. I'm not anti navi. I'm pro common sense! I'm sure it's a very valuable piece of equipment for many who use it. If you need it then get it. If you don't need it then don't buy it just because you have the extra money. Unless you like to waste money. It's really that simple.: )
Old 05-15-2001, 04:08 PM

Wink

To Nav or Not to Nav.......that apparently seems to be the question. And without wasting alot of more time on this subject, everyone should just get what they want! It's not a matter of if you can afford it or not, but if you will use it and feel your investment was well worth it. I didn't feel it was so I did not go for that option, even though I could have easily afforded it. The purchase of the Valentine One radar detector and some other goodies for my car seemed a better investment; but that's just me. One person asks to get opinions and advice on the Nav and when people do give their 2 cents they get bashed for it. I say get what you want and be happy with it! I'm sure that I will get hammered again for this post.
Old 05-15-2001, 04:33 PM
Instructor

this subject has been beaten to death. I myself asked this question at one point in time, but that was AFTER i bought my tl without navi. At first i, didn't mind, but after checking out what you can do with the navi screen from this site, some of us regretted not getting it in the first place. As you know, the biggest concern is that there is no going back once you made your mind. So choose wisely. I ended up spending 3k to get it aftermarket, my sig saids it all.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL Silver
Alpine NVE-N851A NAVI / Alpine IVA-C800 Head Unit / Alpine DVA-5205 DVD / Alpine TME-M750A 6.5" monitor on each headrest connected to Pioneer speakers with headphones / Alpine CHA-S624 CD-Changer and Playstation 1 in the truck pass-through / Comptech Springs & Swaybars / Debaged 3.2TL
Old 05-15-2001, 04:40 PM
Banned

Thanks but guys you do know that i already got the car... I decieded on the navi, so i found on on the lot and bought it. But I just realized that this topic alot of people have been thinking about.
Old 05-15-2001, 11:41 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by oblio98:

How about "Wheel Locks?"

:-jon

If you can afford to get wheel locks get em. If you don't get them, it means you just couldn't afford them..

(Sorry Couldn't resist)

------------------
Old 05-15-2001, 11:58 PM
Burning Brakes

For steveb living in Baton Rouge, the Navi probably isn't that helpful. I live in NJ and drive in both NY and NJ. The level of mapping detail in the NY/NJ area and size of the points of interest database is incredible. I moved here from Chicago and don't know the area that well and can't imagine not having the Navi. In fact, I bought an MDX with Navi in January which influenced my decision to purchase the TL-S.