short story: SoFLA on the I75 Northbound

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 09:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
short story: SoFLA on the I75 Northbound

Traffic... in the center-left lane (of four) moving at a crawl (60 mph), fast lane is going at a pretty good clip, the cars are passing me, corolla, an altima, a gold intrepid, a green civic, a space, I signal and start making a lane change, when all of a sudden as I am checking the rearview mirror, I see a black intrepid zooming into the far left (where I now am) from the far right lane.. OOOOOH CHIT!!! Slap her into SS and put her into third... press on the gas and watched as the green civic got closer on the front and the black intrepid got closer on the rear... Slight break on the center-left lane now, so I ease off the gas, signal and pull into the right. Then the idiot in the civic pulls into my lane missing me by a coat of paint. I had to squeeze into the center-right lane but since it was clear, I also punched it a bit and after passing the civic, switched back into the center-left and proceeded at 80 mph passing the gold intrepid... Check on the rearview tells me the black intrepid is now in my lane and closing in, almost tailgaiting.... wait, he IS tailgaiting. Pissed me off, so I pass the altima and get in the far left and leave the black intrepid 8 car lengths behind in about 3 seconds... From there on (long sweep to the right, past Weston, aproximating the I-595 interchange) I kept up the pace, toying with the black intrepid, not that I was racing, I would not waste my gas on it, but I did feel like he was chasing me which made me laugh quite a bit to myself. Since I was going east on I-595, I signaled and started making lane changes flowing into the far right lane (mind you there are now about six or seven lanes of traffic as you get on the interchange) very smoothly through the traffic, never having to either touch the brakes nor down shift. Unlike me, I saw the black intrepid manuvering silly through all the traffic just to get in my lane... finally, as I am getting to the exit I slow down a bit and he starts to get close. Right at the fork of the lanes he bails out of the exit lane at the last second and as the road starts to separate, he is riding next to me and then he blows his siren, bouup-bouup . I just looked over at his 5% tint and gave hime the finger for a long time making sure he could see it... :sqntfawk:

Be on the lookout for the florida's finest undercover.

Which reminds me... has anyone seen the riced out avenger that the Davie, FL. police have as ther anti-street racing unit. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... your tax dollars at work.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Phil 4:13

So did u get a ticket or did he let u go?
Ladies and gents definantly be on the lookout My buddy got nabbed by a white intrepid here in VA last week
Old 06-16-2004, 10:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Nah... no ticket... if you ain't familiar with the road, imagine a "V", I went right, he was behind me and at the very last second befor the v separates, he bailed out of the right lane and into the left. It was a newer intrepid four door with black windows.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:32 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i've heard about this but they don't do it in my area. i suppose it's a good idea, but then again we'll still put the cop cars to shame :fingerfawk: ....so long as it's not the souped up camaros the state police drive around here
Old 06-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SatinSilverTypS
i've heard about this but they don't do it in my area. i suppose it's a good idea, but then again we'll still put the cop cars to shame :fingerfawk: ....so long as it's not the souped up camaros the state police drive around here
The state boys have a few of those out here too, but they do most of their hunting on I-81.

It was awfully nice of that cop to drive like a demon through traffic just to chirp his siren at you.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:35 PM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by orcaatk
The state boys have a few of those out here too, but they do most of their hunting on I-81.

It was awfully nice of that cop to drive like a demon through traffic just to chirp his siren at you.
aye, indeed it was. i hate it when cops do whatever they please.