Shopping cart dent fixed

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 08:39 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Shopping cart dent fixed

Hi all,

I have 5000 miles on my 2001 WDP, and wouldn't you know it, I found a shopping cart against the front passenger wheel well when I came out of the grocery store. I pulled the blue plastic-lined cart away and discover the damage - a big dent right where the wheel well creases.

I was so pissed that I was glad that whomever did this was not around. I was ready to kick a huge dent in the person's car if they didn't take responsibility.

After I calmed down a couple of notches (about three hours later), I started to think about the huge amount of $$$ this was going to cost me to fix. It was a very noticable dent, not something that I was willing to ignore. Besides, I wanted to make sure that the paint on the underside wasn't damaged.

I thought of calling the body shops and the dealer to get a rough estimate of how much it would cost, and then I thought, "Screw that". I don't have $1400.00 or more to throw away. The next thing I did was search this forum for archived dent threads. I got a lot of messages that recommended a paintless dent repair service like Dent Wizard, but they were all on the east coast. I figured that they are a franchise, and decided to chance a visit to the Bellevue (Washington) Dent Wizard.

I brought the car in and watched the guy pry and hammer (literally) the dent out. It was heartwrenching to watch someone use crowbar-like tools and a hammer and go at it on my car, but in the end, I was very satisfied with my experience. I am very meticulous and picky when it comes to fixing things correctly, especially with esthetics. He spend 2 hours on my car and the grand total was $200.00+tax. Not bad considering what it could have cost at a body shop, and the great job he did. One thing that I have to mention is that the guy who worked on my car may be leaving the company sometime soon, so if any of you would like to get a dent out, I recommend that you ask for Birch (that's the tech's name).

The only thing that I regret is not getting my digital camera out and taking a "before" pic to post here.

I love this forum, and I think that the archived discussions are a valuable source of information. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-14-2001, 08:49 PM
Drifting

cool that you got it done cheap

Eclipse23 (I believe that's his ID) got the store to PAY for the dents on his CL when that happened... it was expensive, like $1200 if I remember correctly
Old 12-15-2001, 09:22 AM
Moo
Pro

$200 isn't bad. Glad to hear everything worked out. You should have had the store pay for it.

One of my friend came out of the mall to find a shopping cart resting in the front his M3. The cart broke one of his headlights. The impact must have been really hard. He reported the incident to mall security as well as the store manager. In the end, the store paid for it all. So it really pays to *****.