Service Price??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 06:53 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Price??

Hey ppl,

just had my 48k km service today... and it's **** expensive... 530 CDN!!!!! how's u guys' pricing?was i ripped off?
Old 01-11-2002, 07:31 AM
Instructor

Which dealership did you go to? What did they do for that much money?
Old 01-11-2002, 10:39 AM
Racer

I go to Acura of North Toronto...
damn... I am also wondering why they need that much money for 48k service.... Can ppl post how much they spend on 48k km service, I think that'll be 32k miles service?
Jens, if u see this post, can u tell me what the price is at ur dealer??
Furthermore, they just called and told me there's something extra "recommended" to do.. like cleaning some stuff in the engine, power steering wheel... blah blah blah... and there's gonna be 594 CDN more... what the **** !!!!!
Did any one here who did 48k km service experience this???
Should I go for it? I told them I am not doing this right now 'coz I wanna get some opinions from u guys....

Or folks in Toronto area, can you give me some suggestion which dealer has more fair charge for services??? Thanks!!
Old 01-11-2002, 11:50 AM
Instructor

Well, one thing you can do is to call service departments in other TO dealerships and ask for the price of the regular 48K Km service and eventually compare. You have to be prepared or they will gladly rip your skin off. Read your owners manual and see what really has to be done. Every dealership can pretty much do whatever they want so they can lube your tires for example and charge you for that as well.
I personally had bad experience with sales manager in that dealership and I have also heard bad stories about it from other people.
As far as I have seen in service price lists of at least three TO dealerships, the service schedule is based on 3 (three) months or 6000Km whereas owner manual has 6 (six) months or 6000Km. This already looks like a nice try to rip you off, not to mention that prices really looked ridiculous to me.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Use the coupon booklet Acura sends you to save a buck or two...
Old 01-11-2002, 11:42 PM
Pro

At 30K miles I had the following service done:

Engine oil system flush
Replace oil and filter
Cooling system power flush
Replace coolant
Induction/carbon flush
Brake fluid flush and replace
Rotate and balance tires.

$463 total
Old 01-12-2002, 02:27 AM
Intermediate

I donno, Im pretty sure I paid $300CDN something for that extensive one.. where they rotate the tires and stuff..at Acura Woodbine, dont remember exactly. Will post when I find out.
Old 01-12-2002, 03:40 AM
The New 3 Series Coupe

Originally posted by 99WDP
At 30K miles I had the following service done:

Engine oil system flush
Replace oil and filter
Cooling system power flush
Replace coolant
Induction/carbon flush
Brake fluid flush and replace
Rotate and balance tires.

$463 total
Hmmm...
Let's see...
Engine oil sys. flush- done by myself 0.oo
Replace oil & filter- myself w/material 30.oo mobile ones and filter
cooling sys flush- myself 0.oo
replace coolant- myself, material 5.oo
Induction/Carbon flush- not done it yet
Brake fluid flush and replace- myself, material 7.oo
Rotate and balance tires- By American Tires for free and since they said that I don't need to balance it, it didn't cost me a thing either...
AC filter- myself, material 12.oo
Air filter- myself, material 7.oo
Transmission oil Flush+replace- myself, material 12.oo

Grand total for my 30K miles service= 73~75.oo Total...

I thought I'd save alot if I done the service myself... or did I???

I wonder how much do they charge in the Acura dealers in the States?
Old 01-12-2002, 03:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Inspire

Engine oil sys. flush- done by myself 0.oo
explain that one

chien - thats definately too much. i did mine a year ago and i paid 300 (200 usd) at sherway...though i dont really go to the dealer anymore. everything can easily be done by yourself

i dont understand why everyone goes to north toronto...ive heard nothing but bad things about them.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:53 AM
Racer

Originally posted by mr tl

chien - thats definately too much. i did mine a year ago and i paid 300 (200 usd) at sherway...though i dont really go to the dealer anymore. everything can easily be done by yourself

i dont understand why everyone goes to north toronto...ive heard nothing but bad things about them.
Thanks for the reply. I went to North Toronto because Acura of Canada gave me 700 credits at their store and I could use that credits for service... plus it's 5 mins away from my place.. but I am pretty sure it's my last time to go there since I've used up all my credits...
mr tl, so u only paid 300 for the 48k service? north toronto charged me 375 for basic type 4 service and plus they said to wash the engine and transmission, and use all kinds of oil, so total will be 460... than plus tax... damn...
And check this out..
4 wheel alignment $65 CDN.
4 wheel balancing $120
Engline Oil Flush $90
Powersteering Flush $80
Brake Flood Flush $70
Fuel Flush $90
and add tax on the total... so will be like around 600 for all these extra ****.... I started to wonder what they did when I went for service before... ?? balancing????
Old 01-12-2002, 10:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

man, chien...dont do what they tell you to do. just look in the manual and tell them to do that, and nothing else

EVERYTHING you listed is not in the 48K service. only the brake fluid flush was, and the price sounds about right.

but you used those credits, so it didnt come out of your pocket right?

when you went in, did you say you wanted a 48K service? before the work was done, they asked you to sign the work order, right? was all that stuff you listed on that work order???

id try going back and asking what the hell is up. and stop going to that stupid dealer!
Old 01-12-2002, 03:53 PM
Racer

Originally posted by mr tl
man, chien...dont do what they tell you to do. just look in the manual and tell them to do that, and nothing else

EVERYTHING you listed is not in the 48K service. only the brake fluid flush was, and the price sounds about right.

but you used those credits, so it didnt come out of your pocket right?

when you went in, did you say you wanted a 48K service? before the work was done, they asked you to sign the work order, right? was all that stuff you listed on that work order???

id try going back and asking what the hell is up. and stop going to that stupid dealer!
Oh no no.. I didn't do ANY of what I listed... those are their so called "recommended $hit.... ".... the original 530 has nothing to do with that... those are the EXTRA 600 dollars they wanted from me...