Seattle People: Advice on Seattle Acura Dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 09:08 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Seattle People: Advice on Seattle Acura Dealers?

I may purchase a TL this year and am not sure where to go. I live in the Seattle area and know there are four dealerships I can go to (Lynnwood, Bellevue, Fife and Tukwila).

Anyone on this board from Seattle? Have any advice on which dealership to go to for a great experience and fair price?
Old 08-14-2002, 12:24 PM
Intermediate

I got my TL-S last December from Acura of Seattle (Tukwila).
Service has been quite good, but I was a bit of a sucker on the price (paid $33,500 with body kit and spoiler).

You shouldn't have a problem doing better than that.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:24 PM
Pro

ya....i too got my tl at Acura of Seattle. Service was good.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:33 PM
9th Gear

ditto, bought my '00 TL at Acura of Seattle. Went to Acura of Lynnwood first and was not impressed with the attitude of the salespeople there. Don't know about Acura of Bellevue or Fife, haven't dealt with either of them.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:18 PM
4th Gear

I would not recommend Acura of Lynwood. I bought my Integra from them in 2000 and went back to look at a TL, The salesperson I bought my car from recognized me but didn't offer to help me, another sales person took me out in the car but didn't let me test drive it just because he felt I was not going to buy it that day. I went to Acura of Bellevue and explained I just wanted to look at the car and they offered me a test drive within 5 minutes of talking and let me drive the car. I was very impressed with the service at Acura of Bellevue and I will buy my car from them for sure, all sales people at Acura of Lynwood are horrible, they are the ones that give a bad name to all salespeople.
Old 08-15-2002, 08:20 AM
Instructor

I went to Acura of Lynnwood yesterday. The salesman chased me down in my car and was pretty aggressive. He did end up showing me the car, but didn't know much about it. Was clueless (or just lying) about the transmission problems with the TL. Said that people will say anything on the internet. I also asked him about the '04 TL and he said they don't ever see a model until it is close to a release date (I do believe that). He did say that Acura is really focused on the RL now and that will come first. He was also blank about the upcoming, new TSX.

I finally got to test drive it and loved it! I wasn't too crazy about the black wood though, but I guess I could get used to it. I’m just starting this process and will check out Acura of Bellevue next.

I do see what everyone is saying about the Lynnwood dealership, but the experience was pretty pressure free and really wasn’t that bad. I just didn’t like being chased down initially!!! Nothing like the Nissan dealerships I’ve gone too. They are the worst!
Old 08-15-2002, 10:51 AM
Instructor

acura of seattle is best..
staff is friendly, service staff is one of the best i've dealt with.

i agree acura of lynnwood is very shadey..sales people esp that cameron dude..very very pushy and typical.

never been to acura of bellevue or the fife store
Old 08-15-2002, 12:20 PM
Safety Car

Southcenter Acura is no good... when I went there apparently I looked like a kid. I pulled up in an 83 Buick Skyhawk. They gave me the run around, didn't believe I could afford a TL, kept trying to sell me an integra and a mustang. After a long time I got to test drive the TL, but then I left because they were asses

I went to Acura of Bellevue and they were very professional. I'm very picky. There was somethign that bugged me about Bellevue though... they told me they couldn't get me the car in black/black. Its been years but I felt like they were saying it wasn't made in black/black when the truth was they didn't have any in stock. Anyway, I got silver/black and everything else was fine.

Until one day I got a scratch on my bumper. Acura of Bellevue said they could improve it 70% with airbrushing. Instead, they ruined a large patch of the bumper around the scratch... it was terrible. They would not fix it correctly. I complained to their service manager. At one point in our conversation he told me to, "try not to look at it until you can get it fixed". I filed with the Better Business Bureau and contacted Bellevue's general manager a few weeks later. He said bring the car in right away and they would get it fix at a real bodyshop for free. They took it to RnR and my bumper is flawless again. The looaner they gave me was a frickin Daewoo though... man it stank inside!
Old 08-15-2002, 06:41 PM
...and then there was One

Everyone should go to the meet Saturday and talk about it there.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:48 AM
Instructor

i went to all 4 dealers in washington state. HehHe im a very picky guy and i was not in much of a rush to get my tl so i had time to shop.
acura of bellevue . they suck cuz they ask for ridiculous prices . . . i mean really ridiculous HhAha i can not stop thinkin of it . . . but customer service was real good cuz im a kid that was onlee 17 and he treated me just as any other customer . . .
i got mines at acura of lynnwood and it kinda sucked for me cuz its so far. i was very picky and was only lookin for silver/black which not much was around.
i gotta agree on everyone that acura of seattle is the best. IMO . . . i went to get my back seat fixed and they end up fixing my sunroof which i didnt complain on cuz they said they had that problem. so i was happy with that but u know what . . the backseats is messed up again so HAHhA . . .