Scheduled Maintenance???

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 05:00 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Scheduled Maintenance???

Hey Guys....

At what schedule maintenance is it that we must take our cars to the dealer so that they can do the maintenance instead of us doing it ourselves?

Cause I know the 15K miles service it's just simple things that you can do yourself and save about $100...but my question is at what schedule maintenance must be or best if the dealer perform the maintenance?

Please advise....THANKS!

Old 03-13-2002, 02:14 PM
Burning Brakes

The easiest answer to your question is whatever maintenece is required to be performed by the dealer to keep your warranty from becoming void. IMO, if you can do the maintence yourself, then just do it, no matter what it is...Anyone else have some thoughts on this???
Old 03-13-2002, 03:48 PM
Bada Bing

Or you can check the maintainence book that the dealer should have given you at the time of your picking up the car. They put mine in the manual holder (it is a white booklet).
Old 03-13-2002, 03:57 PM
Racer

After picking up my car from having the tranny replaced the service manager took me out for a beer. He said flat out all they do is CHECK $hit and give you an oil change. besides the oil change they don't do $hit except check for needed maintenence so they can find something to fix and charge you more.

Flat out the money they charge for service is a rip off.

Even my sales guy said when you bring your car in for service tell them, "I WANT AN OIL CHANGE ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE"
Old 03-13-2002, 04:00 PM
Pro

Oh, and at the 7000 mile check they rotate the tires. You can have that done for free at Americas tire company.
Old 03-13-2002, 06:33 PM
Advanced

I had my 15K service done recently at Acura 101 West and they didn't rotate my tires and they didn't check my lights but they checked off on their checklist they did all that. I gave them hell and decided not to go back to them again...maybe I should complain to Honda Corporate Office.
Old 03-14-2002, 12:30 PM
jbn
Instructor

WHen we rotate our tires (Stock) are we supposed to straight from front to back or crisscross them (backright -> frontLeft etc..)?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2002, 12:43 PM
Racer

Originally posted by jbn
WHen we rotate our tires (Stock) are we supposed to straight from front to back or crisscross them (backright -> frontLeft etc..)?

Thanks
As long as your tyres are not directional, you can criss-cross them. I prefer to keep them on the same side however to keep the same wear pattern. If you do x-cross, left front to left rear, left rear to right front, etc.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:17 PM
4th Gear

Scheduled Maintenance

Originally Posted by Acura_Boi
Hey Guys....

At what schedule maintenance is it that we must take our cars to the dealer so that they can do the maintenance instead of us doing it ourselves?

Cause I know the 15K miles service it's just simple things that you can do yourself and save about $100...but my question is at what schedule maintenance must be or best if the dealer perform the maintenance?

Please advise....THANKS!

I just bought a used 1999 TL from an Acura Dealership in the San Joaquin Valley of Cali. I found out that the car has never had its timing belt changed do to the fact that it only has 85K mi. on it now. Although, when you look at the maintenance schld. notice that for the timing belt and water pump it says 105k mi or 84 months since manufactured. Well, when I talked to the Service Advisor at this dealership they said that they forgot about the time limit when doing the safety inspection before putting the vehicle back on the lot to sell. Eventhough, I called them out on this matter they don't want to do anything as far as paying for the 105k service or even a portion.

What can I do? It seems a little FUBAR'd that an Acura Dealership over looks this big detail and they don't have any accountability for it either! I would return the car, but its been over the 2 day return period.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Without a garage

Originally Posted by StuGots
I just bought a used 1999 TL from an Acura Dealership in the San Joaquin Valley of Cali. I found out that the car has never had its timing belt changed do to the fact that it only has 85K mi. on it now. Although, when you look at the maintenance schld. notice that for the timing belt and water pump it says 105k mi or 84 months since manufactured. Well, when I talked to the Service Advisor at this dealership they said that they forgot about the time limit when doing the safety inspection before putting the vehicle back on the lot to sell. Eventhough, I called them out on this matter they don't want to do anything as far as paying for the 105k service or even a portion.

What can I do? It seems a little FUBAR'd that an Acura Dealership over looks this big detail and they don't have any accountability for it either! I would return the car, but its been over the 2 day return period.
That is pretty shitty. Can I ask what Acura dealer? Modesto, Stockton, Fresno?
Old 10-31-2006, 11:49 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by laidback93
That is pretty shitty. Can I ask what Acura dealer? Modesto, Stockton, Fresno?
Acura of Modesto! In fact I'm still trying to find out if the Sales Manager is going to do anything about fixing the issue, but he will not be back in until Thurday of this week.