Scale 1-10 ........... READ

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 10:25 PM
USMC Butterbars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow...surprisingly no mention about park ave acura here in jersey....sales i give them a 10...service....uhh....i dunno...might be just me but seems they look down upon me....19yr old asian....kinda feel like discriminate.....but otherwise i give service a 8
Old 06-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
South Coast Suks: -1 / 10

(stay away from that advisor kid. maybe other advisors know what he is doing from what I heard.)
Old 06-24-2005, 02:04 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by acutee
South Coast Suks: -1 / 10

(stay away from that advisor kid. maybe other advisors know what he is doing from what I heard.)
this thread is almost 3 years old!
Old 06-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Registered Abuser

Acura of Valley Stream - 9
Acura of Brooklyn (nortrand ave.) - -5...yes -5, they are completely retarded.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:23 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Originally Posted by TLofNYC
plaza auto mall.....they are retarded.....i hate em!
they can get you a loan with no problem, but when it comes to taking care of you when u have a problem with your car....they are NO HELP!
Old 06-24-2005, 02:49 PM
Ganji, Want some?

Castle Acura in New Castle Delaware.
Sales=4
Service=2
Parts=3

Overall=3

Their service is Unacceptable, They are unprofessional, and very rude. They dont directly answer customers questions and they can sell anything to anyone over 18 years of age, but when i had my 2 trannies die you have to be at least 25 to drive a loaner, what kind of dickhead sells a car to a 20 year old but wont let a 20 year old drive their cars? i bought a OEM headlight and told them i had a problem with my lights. the dickhead put on the reciept that the bulb was aftermarket. i told them that my car had problems starting and he told me it would be an easy fix ( i already know that things cannot be said until its completely looked at but he didnt informe me of anything) but he came and said there was a cord that came loose and thats why my car would hesitate to start. i said ok, he told me i had to buy another one of whatever it was and i paid almost $300 to get it fixed. i just think that they are scammers and very unethical and unfair. he knows i dont like him cause i told him about his self, and he does not like me, but i tell you one thing i will find a way and i am gonna dick them like they dick me.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
acura of ocean rocks thats where i bought my car from 9 i would say
Old 06-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Instructor

I have only dealt with each twice as I have not had my car a long time but so far ....

Leith Acura, Cary , NC - 4/10
Ruder, more expensive, and didn't seem to have what I needed once

Performance Acura, Chapel Hill, NC 9/10
Nicer, cheaper, and willing to go the extra mile to help.

I have a 99 TL and before I upgraded to the DVD navigation system I needed the hard drive programmed. Leith couldn't so it and seemed put off that I would even ask where as Performance said, "sure we can do it for you while you wait. just stop by" And it was free there. I later bought a mirror motor (due to a broken clip) and it was about 10 dollars cheaper at Performance.

I doubt I will ever even check Leith in the future since in the past two experiences Performance has outserviced them hands down.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TLofNYC
No doubt, didn't do sh** 4 me. Went there once and never again!
Old 06-24-2005, 03:40 PM
The New 3 Series Coupe

In Socal:

Weir Canyon Acura 5.5
Metro Acura 8.0 (because of service manager, Andy; otherwise it would have been low)
Thomas Acura 9.0
Old 06-24-2005, 09:48 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Holy old post.. but since it's been brought back up:

Nalley Acura: 4/10 - Initial service was horrible, but since getting an Acura District Rep involved it has improved. Female service advisor Angee Angel is cool... Ed Wilke is a bastard.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Devan Acura. Norwalk CT. Rate it a 10. Joe Difrancesco is the service manager.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:35 AM
/etc/car

Ohhh back from the dead.

Apple Acura = 8/10.

Bobby Rahal Acura = 3/10. Vibration in the wheels between 60 and 80 mph, tranny started slipping after they did whatever to it, and I had some gunk on my windshield so I took them up on the free vacuum/wash deal...they did half the windshield. Surprise surprise...never got a comment card from Acura about the service
Old 06-25-2005, 01:06 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Montano Acura, Albuquerque, New Mexico - 10 out of 10. These guys are terrific.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:53 AM
Yes it is!

John Eagle Acura - Houston - 7/10

They get the job done right, and they're nice about it, except the prices are steep. If the car is in the bay and it needs an oil change I'll tell them to go ahead and do it, and I wind up being charged 30 or 40 bucks for synthetic blend oil. I don't mind paying that much when I'm sitting in a leather couch, watching satelite TV and drinking free Starbucks instead of sitting next to some mom and her 3 brats while her Windstar gets a tune-up.

John Eagle's sales are awful. Guys are real slick and curt. Don't care for it all. Got more respect at Sterling McCall Acura, which is where I bought the car. Their service department is on par with John Eagle's, just too far away for me.

For all of my regular service and mechanical stuff I've been going to Honda dealerships, actually. John Eagle's Honda dealership is incredible, like the meca of Honda (even have a motorcycle dealer next door). Their service department is pretty good.

The best service I ever got in Houston was from Russel and Smith Honda. Took her in for an alignment and everything came out roses.

Can't find any sort of Honda or Acura parts anywhere in Houston. No one seems to have a good price on what I want.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:18 AM
Advanced

courtesy acura - 9... if you go, shane is a great service advisor.
fountain acura - 4... they replaced my transmission in 3 days which is good, but they tried to rip me off about my motor mounts. they told me that 2 mounts were bad, but when i went to my mechanic to get them fixed, he told me that my motor mounts were fine!!! the story actually goes a little different but that's the gist of it. so, in conclusion, i'll be driving the extra 25 miles to go to courtesy from now on.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:33 AM
9th Gear

Bradshaw Acura, Greenville SC- definitely a 10+!!! They rock!! Awesome service department. Doug and Karen over there are great! Sales is also great, even though my salesman initally tried to knock my head off on my TLs, but he eventually got right, and I paid what I wanted to in the end.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:57 AM
Instructor

Superior Acura, Overland Park, KS (Kansas City)

9 out of 10

THey always give me a loaner when I get normal service because the dealership is 55 miles away from me. Never any problems with them. Gave me a loaner 05' TSX when my trannie was swapped out.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Instructor

SMA sucks!!!!

Bethesda Acura - 9/10
bought there and great servcie

Santa Monica Acura 2/10
After a coupe of questionable servicings, the last I was there took the cake, in a bad way...

basically they failed to alert me to parts received to be repaired under warranty...

Last straw was after 52,5k miles service. I checked tire pressure and there were running something like 26psi, way low... I also had asked for synthetic oil which to this day I doubt I received. After complaining PJ Palencia promised me vouchers for free oil change & mini-detailing which I have yet to receive (servicing was 5/10/05). I was treated like an a-hole and I was nothing but polite... Going to Acura of Torrance for 60k service, if they f-up this time, i'm trading up to BMW.

It is my opinion that the vehicle has performed brilliantly despite the incompetent attempts of the "certified Acura technicians"

thanks for listening...

PS. Keyes Acura 2/10 - they called me one month after brining in my car to tell me the received replacement part, by that time I had gone to another dealer and had stereo replaced...
Old 10-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Devan Acura - 9, warranty work? no questions asked.. loaner? you got it, 04 TL
Old 10-27-2005, 01:02 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

I'd like to revise my rating of Nalley Acura to 0/10 - Avoid at all costs.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jmhowieii
Superior Acura, Overland Park, KS (Kansas City)

9 out of 10

THey always give me a loaner when I get normal service because the dealership is 55 miles away from me. Never any problems with them. Gave me a loaner 05' TSX when my trannie was swapped out.
Superior Acura, Overland Park, KS (Kansas City) I would also give a 9/10 they have always been great with me. Service manager was willing to GUARENTEE that it was my inner CV joint when I took my car in, Jay Wolfe had my car for 2-3 weeks and couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. (shouldnt have been that long but I got to drive a V8 Benz while it was in the shop so I left it there a little longer) but point being they had my car for a long time and didnt know what was wrong. Took it to Superior and they told me within the hour. Talked to the service mgr about my problem with Jay Wolfe and he said he was so confident that it was the CV joint that he would take out the new parts and put the old ones back in if it didnt fix the problem, and it did! Have always been happy with them and as long as you call ahead they always have a loner for you. even me and Im only 18. Great dealership by far, when I was looking to purchase they were great on the sales side also. actually intelegent sales men and when they didnt know they didnt try to bull shit you with some crap they made up. A++ for Superior f*uck Jay Wolfe.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:19 AM
99 SSM Tl

Originally Posted by Davidas
Acura Brossard : (Montreal, Quebec Canada)

Service 10/10
Sales 9/10
Same thing here, im 20 years old and they threat like a king :P
Old 10-27-2005, 01:35 AM
Intermediate

North Shore Acura North Vancouver BC Canada
service 9/10
sales 3/10

I care more about the service then I do about the sales. I've had talked to two sales people in depth and weren't impressed at all. One didn't seem to know much about the cars and the other sold Fords for 20 years...please go back to Ford.
Service has always been very good.
I've delt with
Nissan
Infinite
Honda
GM
Acura

Acura has always been the best hands down.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Doozerr2
North Shore Acura North Vancouver BC Canada
service 9/10
sales 3/10

I care more about the service then I do about the sales. I've had talked to two sales people in depth and weren't impressed at all. One didn't seem to know much about the cars and the other sold Fords for 20 years...please go back to Ford.
Service has always been very good.
I've delt with
Nissan
Infinite
Honda
GM
Acura

Acura has always been the best hands down.
hey you are from vancouver too? too bad you missed out previous TL meets.
we were looking to find some more Vancouver TL ers...

Anyways.. you are right about NorthShore... My 2 buddies bring there car there and they've told me that they are the best for maintenance service.

I went to burrard Acura for more than 2 yrs and had some bad experiences where they stole coins from my coin tray, or some mechancic would accelerate my car quite hard in to the garage, and some other little things.....

Another thing i hate about burrard is that I can't see them working on my car, which means i don't know if they even did every single step for the maintenance.

Northshore on the other hand which i visited with my buddy, Has a Glass divider in which you can see what they are doing to your car.

My buddy knows that they are really good for maintence service, but not so many people know that.

PLUS... he didn't want to tell everyone b/c they are one of the least busiest service departments which would give my buddy flexible times to bring inhis TL and get a courtesy car.

LOL.... Now I know that NOrth shore is best for CAR maintence... I'm going there from now on.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:22 AM
Instructor

went to a couple of dealers all I know is PARAGON ACURA on Northern BlVd. in Queens NYC are a bunch of Ass..... ! all their sales people and the managers are crooks. they maybe giving you a low price but they love to play games so BEWARE.
this is just me 2cents and my experience.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:09 AM
The "old" guy

Originally Posted by DMan
Hubler Acura of Indianapolis - 1 out of 10

The general manager is a crook. I'm so angry with them I drive 20 miles out of my way for all of my service. Hubler was unwilling to work with me after I discovered what they did, and it wasn't even that much money. I only lost a few hundred dollars, but I've talked three people out of buying cars at Hubler, and the other Acura dealer (Ed Martin) got the business.
I heard bad things about Hubler also. Thats why I bought from Ed Martin. Never had anything bad there to this point. Did my brakes twice on Acuras dime, put on my bodykit, spoiler and headers for a fair labor price. Service has been pretty good. They replaced my rearview mirror on their dime after I asked them to. Were going to charge me for it since its "not covered" by my extended warranty. I asked them to eat it since Ive done so much biz with them and they did.

Overall 8 or 9
Old 10-27-2005, 10:50 AM
信是寶

West Chester
Sales: 7
Service:7.5
(good service manager, sales will not deal much)

Reading
Sales: 9
Service:8
(great service manager, matched price)

Lancaster
Sales: 5
Service: n/a
(drove the car I was going to buy from Pittsburgh and didn't even clean it ... now it was not new anymore ... walked away from deal)

Ardmore
Sales: 5
Service: n/a
(too expensive and attitude)

Metro
Sales: n/a
Service: 3
(BEWARE: metro could not find my car for 4 hours, returned it dirtier than when I dropped it off and had way too many miles on it - will never go there again! can anyone say JOYRIDE?!? and they will not return calls.)
Old 10-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jimj
Los Gatos Acura, 1, very unprofessional and can't be trusted!!!
I'm interested in hearing your story about Los Gatos Acura, as I currently have a TL 6MT on order with them. Send me a PM if it's anything that you dont want to post in public. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:10 AM
I=X - optomos

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
I'd like to revise my rating of Nalley Acura to 0/10 - Avoid at all costs.

Nalley Acura
Service - 1/10
Parts - 0/10

Baranco Acura
Service - 10/10
Parts - ?
Sales - 9/10
Old 10-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Advanced

Acura of Brookfield --> 10. they're great!
Old 10-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Advanced

^ ^ ^
l l l
located on bluemound road in wisconsin
Old 10-27-2005, 12:10 PM
RickRoush03

DCH Heart Acura in Fishkill, NY

Didn't by a car from them but the service dept:

Parts 5/10 - they always have gotten the right part the first time, its just that they take all your info, order the part saying it'll be there in a few days, and never call you when the part comes in, so you have to call them, and when you get there, it may take 10min for someone to come from the back

Service people 5/10 also - old guy, doc i think i have heard, real nice, explained everything etc. 2 other guys, avg, not to motivated, probably b/c his gut is just hanging to his knees and the other hasn't gotten laid in 6months. The older chic, maybe 40ish with short hair, is the most stupid bitch i have ever heard. telling a customer oh, dont get dunlop tires they are horrible, and this and that, and says but we arent a tire store so go to wherever and ask them. made the customer so damn confused it wasn't even funny. when i called about a alternator tensioner they had to order, i got her and she said what is the part since i was asking how long it'll take to install, i said honestly i dont know, i didnt remember, but the parts guys should tell you, nope, she said call back with the part name!! bitch!! and then when i called inquiring about how much $, total price for new shocks installed, and the other chic goes well thats 1.5 hrs of labor per shock, plus the shocks. So i wait, and nothing, i go ok, so whats the total? oh, your gonna have to ask parts how much the shocks are. BYE BYE!! never asking them again for shit.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Frank Leta Acura (St. Louis) 10/10 no question.

Great staff that goes above and beyond to take care of the car and owner.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:40 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Ed Voyles Acura - 9/10.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:52 PM
10th Gear

Zimbrick Acura 10/10!
www.z-acura.com
Madison, WI

Great sales & Great service!
Old 10-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Styl1n

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts
Rallye Acura - 10
Old 10-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Intermediate

Karen Radley Acura
Woodbridge, Va.

Sales -- 9
Service -- 9.5

sales: not the lowest price but close; no bs, smooth delivery.

service: polite, accurate in estimates of time for various jobs; need to schedule appointments a week ahead, though. Also has loaners if you schedule ahead.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Racer

Goodson Acura
Irving, TX

Service = 10+

Ask for Richard or Shelby.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
Jenkins Acura in Ocala FL, 8.5

Gatorland Acura in Gainesville FL, 2.0