Saw a TL-S in a serious accident

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 08:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw a TL-S in a serious accident

I was working doing the 60 Steeles West route at about 9:15 today and noted traffic started to back up w/b just west of the 400. After coming close to the accident scene, I noticed a light pole cut in half and was just hanging by the wires. A car that definitely hit it was lying on it's roof and was totalled. Upon getting much closer, I noted it was a Second Gen TL-S, it was WDP with what looked like 18" Ronal rims with the stock "A" wheel center caps. The front and rear of the car was done. Sad part is there was a teddy bear lying on the ground beside the upturned TL-S. I hope to God no one was hurt or killed and no kids were involved. I also hope it was none of the good folks in this forum.

Keep safe.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Whoa ...

Hope it wasn't anyone that was on the board. Even if it isn't ... hope it wasn't deadly. Yeah ... keep safe.

Slightly O/T ... it was sad to hear about those drag racers downtown GTA Sat night ... one of the punks was from Windsor, too! When will those punks learn??? 100km/h in city streets?! WTF?!

- derrick
Old 06-01-2004, 01:19 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by derrick
Whoa ...

Slightly O/T ... it was sad to hear about those drag racers downtown GTA Sat night ... one of the punks was from Windsor, too! When will those punks learn??? 100km/h in city streets?! WTF?!

- derrick
Ya the guy that crashed has been warned many times before.. and he was driving a civic, I think it was stock, definely not a car you want to be driving at thoes speeds especially cornering in downtown Toronto...

I hope the accident on the 400 wasn't fatal. It sounded pretty serious..
Old 06-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
Ya the guy that crashed has been warned many times before.. and he was driving a civic, I think it was stock, definely not a car you want to be driving at thoes speeds especially cornering in downtown Toronto...

Ya me too...that's horrible that a little teddy bear was lying on the road next to the car. I wonder if the accident was reported on the news???
Old 06-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom

Apparently, the TL-S was being chased by cops, so sounded to me like it was stolen. (In the wrong hands, that much power can really be deadly) I don't think anyone self-respecting enough to own a TL-S would risk ruining it like that. Despite all the airbags, I don't think the punk survived that. All I can say was there was nothing on the car left intact, so he might have nailed that pole doing at least 100 mph (160 kph). A friend from TPS said the marked cruiser backed off since it was going way too fast, but then the TL-S mounted the uphill grassy shoulder then became airborne. Pretty freaky since I saw the Hydro pole hanging by the wires with the bottom part missing. (the pole was still there). But despite the sorry sight of the totalled TL-S, these young car thieves are relentless. They risk everything and expect to lose nothing. I came so close to getting killed by a van that was stolen a few weeks ago. These lawmakers should think about stiffening the penalties for these criminals before they end up actually getting someone killed.

As for those morons who were racing in Civics and ended up killing their friends, all I can say is I hope they rot in jail and become Bubba's girlfriends(they most likely won't). Too bad all they're getting is "Criminal negligience causing death". They should also be nailed for Manslaughter since they should be understanding the full consequences of their actions.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:03 AM
13.68 @ 102.56

Very sad in deed that lives and personal property are sacrificed. It's just not worth it.