Saw 3 different TLs today on Fairfax county Parkway, was it you?! :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Saw 3 different TLs today on Fairfax county Parkway, was it you?! :)

So I'm driving home from work today on FFax County Parkway North at about 4pm or so and all of a sudden a 2nd Gen 99-01 TL in Heather Mist just "appears" behind me (he was driving real fast). He startled me cuz I didn't look in my rear view for a few secs and then he was just there ... Turned off onto Route 50. Dunno if it was anyone on the boards, or just some dude in a TL that was in a rush. Didn't look like he had any mods, but he checked out my car as he passed me.

Then I'm driving on Fairfax County Parkway going South to take some pics of our cars with a friend at about 6pm or so and I see an Eternal Blue Pearl '99-01 TL with dark tint, debadged and blacked out tail lights (yes tail lights). Looked really nice... Wondering if that was anyone on the boards?

Ok, and last TL I saw today, on Fairfax County Parkway North turning left onto Fairfax County Parkway. Was a Nighthawk Black Pearl TL-S with black interior and rims. I tried looking over at you to wave but you kept looking forward and then turned up the volume on your stereo. Guess you didn't want to chat!

Anyways, just wondering if it was anyone on the boards. Next time if you see a NBP TL-S with OEM Spoiler and Bodykit w/redded out tails and blacked out headlights ... Say Hello! Its me

Obligatory pic from my "photoshoot":

Old 08-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not me. I kept my '04 TL on Routes 28, 7, and 50 today. BTW, that is a SWEET ride you've got there. Beautiful!
Old 08-10-2004, 05:19 AM
Liquid Ice

Originally Posted by varanelli
Not me. I kept my '04 TL on Routes 28, 7, and 50 today. BTW, that is a SWEET ride you've got there. Beautiful!
Damn, I never see '04s on the road that aren't driven by old ladies ... I'm always looking for one to run with but I never can find one. Thanks for the compliments!

Anybody wanna own up to one of those cars being their TL?
Old 08-10-2004, 06:26 AM
All Hail the Chief

Yo Liqice....

BEAUTIFUL ride man. I love NBP, but I could be biased.

But hey, what's with the free advertisement for Pohanka Acura? (Unless you work there, which I guess would make it o.k.)
Old 08-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Liquid Ice

Originally Posted by JPritch
Yo Liqice....

BEAUTIFUL ride man. I love NBP, but I could be biased.

But hey, what's with the free advertisement for Pohanka Acura? (Unless you work there, which I guess would make it o.k.)
Thanks! The plate holder is just because I'm too lazy to change it to something else ... I thought about getting a 'Type S' plate for awhile, but never put in the effort to go buy one.

And yeah, NBP looks GREAT when its clean ... but it gets dirty so easily!!!!
Old 08-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Desi Pride

Sweet looking TL

Thatz a pretty clean and sweet looking TL you have. I have a question for you? What type of springs did you use to lower it? Have you had any rubbing issues? I want to lower mine properly but I don't want to go too low if you know what I mean. I have 2001 TL. I am lowering it with Eibach Pro-kit springs and putting on a set of 18 inch Racing Hart C2 Evolution Wheels.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Liquid Ice

Originally Posted by nayyarn
Thatz a pretty clean and sweet looking TL you have. I have a question for you? What type of springs did you use to lower it? Have you had any rubbing issues? I want to lower mine properly but I don't want to go too low if you know what I mean. I have 2001 TL. I am lowering it with Eibach Pro-kit springs and putting on a set of 18 inch Racing Hart C2 Evolution Wheels.
Check my sig... I have Tein SS Coilovers. No rubbing issues, but I have the stock 17" rims. The coilovers are height adjustable, so you can set them as high or as low as you want. I believe the range is something like stock height to as low as 3" or 4"s lower than the stock ride height. I'm dropped about 1.5" - 1.75" all around (close to the drop you get with Comptech springs).
Old 08-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Desi Pride

Thanks for the info. I am just getting used to the site again. I joined a while back but then I was overseas a lot last year. I might hit you up for some more information. Let me know if you know of any Acura meets coming up in the Washington DC area. The car going to the dealer to have the Eibach Springs installed this Thursday. I looking forward to seeing what the difference is. Nice Head Llight covers by the way! I am looking for Head and Tail Light covers like that myself. No avail so far.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LiQiCE
Thanks! The plate holder is just because I'm too lazy to change it to something else ... I thought about getting a 'Type S' plate for awhile, but never put in the effort to go buy one.

And yeah, NBP looks GREAT when its clean ... but it gets dirty so easily!!!!
I still have my Pohanka frames on too... Damn I'm lazy....

And it wasn't me, I was up and down 50 a few times around 7100, and only on 7100 between 50 and Fair Lakes Pkwy (like a 1.5 miles). But I think I've seen you around before. Nice car.