Sad, very sad...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 04:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad, very sad...

Lemme tell you a little story, a story about a sad little man.

I was on my way to lunch today when I bumped into one of the big wigs at my company's HQ. He was parked next to me and was on his way to lunch too. Anyhow, I said hi and was about to get into my car when the he says, "what kind of car is that? Why doesn't it have any labels?" I told him I "debadged" my Acura TL-S. His reply was: "Acura...aren't they made by Honda?". I said they were, they're just glorified Accords . I guess the word "Accord" gave him an idea, cause his next sentance was " Well what do you think about giving an old boy a run for the money", and he slaps his hand down on top of a new quattro TT.

Now, far be it from me to teach an ol' white boy a lesson :p, but this guy has the ability to get me fired. So I told him that it probably wasn't a good idea, given that his TT was brand new (dealer plates). He replied that it was fine and that he wanted to give his baby "a chance to breath"...so we ended up on the line along a long stretch of road.

It's a pretty straight road with 4 lanes each way and lights every 400 yards or so. Traffic was pretty light at 1:30, so we had a clear shot all the way down. Long story short, I beat him to 4 lights before I made a left turn to McDonald's. On the last light, I guess he thought I was still racing and he floored it while I made the turn .

After lunch, I came back and passed him in the hallway, I said "nice race, eh?" and was greeted with silence. He just walked right passed like I wasn't even there. Just now, my boss called me in to his office and sat me down. He told me that the guy I raced, Frank, was HIS boss. This I didn't know. He told me that Frank complained to him and wanted him to review my salary. Apparently, he felt that a 24 year old shouldn't be making enough money to buy a car that can beat a TT. My boss has seen my car before and he told Frank that I own an Acura, which is essentially a Honda. Frank flat out said, and my boss quoted:

"that's bull****, no Accord could be that fast. What the hell are we doing hiring these little punks anyhow? I don't want anymore of these "Furious Fast" kids."

Both my boss and I assumed he meant the movie .

Anyhow, my boss said he'd handle it, but that I should probably just avoid him while he's here. Lame.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:22 PM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
ROFFLMAO! Best post of the week!!!
Isn't being young great? You oughtta get on monsterjobs.com (oops, monster.com, Freudian slip) and start job shopping. Find one tonight and then waste that Kraut POS again tomorrow!

I pissed off my boss' boss at my old job right before I quit over money 'cuz I wore a Tag Heuer diving watch! They were like "if you didn't spend your money on a stupid watch you wouldn't be asking for the kind of money you want. Your too young to spend that kind of money."
Fa q!
I have a Rolex now...
Old 06-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Race Director

HAHA OMG THIS IS THE FUNNIEST STORY EVER LOL!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 05:15 PM
The Undertaker

thats great man!!! wow...what a sore loser. Watch he comes back with a ferrari just as a confidence booster
Old 06-16-2003, 05:23 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG!! ahahhahahah!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
lol hahah good **** but you did take a risk with your job. Some NOT ALL rich ppl are a little more stuck up and cocky about it especially men. Just hope that he isn't that pissed to do something but then again if he does and you can prove it... you'll have his job lol
Old 06-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Haha. Damn TT'ers. They think that they own the world with their overpriced golfs Nice kill, TT roadsters aren't the quickest things on the road, but definitely not slow.

Oh yeah, R10apple....I got a Kraut POS waiting for you next time you come to Ga :p
Old 06-16-2003, 06:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hahahahah ... big boss with sore loser attitude. I wonder how he got promoted to be your boss's boss.

BTW, was your TLS moded ?

Cheersss !!!
Old 06-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I hate that kind of attitude...I had an incident very similiar to that happen to me once where they questioned how much I made, etc...

If I was you I'd break all his windows one day...you'd be doing him a favor...the car would be lighter and might be able to keep up now
Old 06-16-2003, 07:45 PM
Instructor

Good stuff man...my boss's boss saw a pick of my baby on my computer (it's my wallpaper). He said to me "Guess we're paying you too much to have that car," I was like "You could pay me a little more to keep gas in it if you want." Hmm...guess asking for a raise this year will be out of the question.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:02 PM
Intermediate

I know all about it...... my boss / co-workers is always bug me about having a nicer car than them. "Oh the young 26 year old guy is making all that money with that nice car"..... Ifs funny at times but bugs the S#$T outta me when they go too far......

I know what its like.....

Old 06-16-2003, 08:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

dude, they are just jealous since they cannot have the same luxury as you are.
Just tell them you are single and you can spend what you want and all you want.
Just my $0.02.

Cheers !!!
Old 06-16-2003, 08:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

My TL's not modified, and I doubt that I ever will be able to .

As for my coworkers, yea, most of them drive older cars or cars in the $20L - $25K range. But at the same time, they all have kids, so you can't really blame them.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:49 PM
8th Gear

What a freak - your boss' boss is an insecure, penile-challenged, slow, moron. Sorry bud.

There are companies out there without morons for VP's (or whatever he is). Well, okay - every company has some moronic VP's, but at least the ratio is so small here that you can stay away from them...
Old 06-16-2003, 09:05 PM
O.G.

LOL...this is the funniest thread ever! I can't believe he actually had the nerve to complain. After all we are driving a glorified accord.:p

BTW, I know exactly how you feel. Right now at my current job, I have the best car, even better than the manager. All my co-workers and upper management keeps talking about my car. It pisses me off cause I don't like to show-off. Cause I know that someday some jealous mofo is gonna do something to my baby so that's why I don't like to brag.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Pro

Some ppl can be so stupid. I am in the same boat you are in regards to being the baby in the company and having the nicest car. I am 22, turning 23 and I drive a 03 TL-S. The next nicest car is a MB C240. At least I don't have upper management jealous of me. And they can't demand a review of my salary without my knowledge since I know everyone's salary. Being a Payroll Administrator has its advantages.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

that is a hilarious story... personally i think you would be happier if you got fired for it. just imaging the lawsuit in the papers

"24yr old gets fired because his boss's 40K car is slow and the boss lost a race - 24trillion dollar lawsuit"

okay not trillion and not like it would happen. but that would be the lamest reason for him to get pissed off. dont buy the TT, its not fast
Old 06-16-2003, 10:05 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Thats pretty funny. One of the senior people on my program just bought an Audi TT recently (non-quattro), and they always tell him how fast his car is and stuff ... And they always tease me because I have a "4-door family sedan that can only run ~10 seconds in the 1/8th mile, which most people can run faster to the 1/8th marker" (I actually ran around mid 9's I think when we did 1/8th miles at Acura wars) ... what I don't get is my car is pretty much faster than the other guy's TT ... They just "think" its fast cuz it looks like a sports car. And of course they bust me about having the Sport Shift instead of a manual tranny ... But oh well! Never had the chance to race the TT tho ... But I know the guy would be cool about it even if we did. (the people on my program are laid back and cool as hell ... nothing like the guy that you raced).

I have never gotten in trouble for having a nice car or anything of course. Most people at my work drive nicer cars than I do too. One guy was even considering buying an H2 at one point (not necessarily nicer, but definitely PRICIER!)
Old 06-16-2003, 10:16 PM
Racer

I actually had one of my old boss's ask me how I could pay $30K for a Honda S2000. He noted that his Dodge Durango cost teh same amount and it was such a better car.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:27 PM
Intermediate

He's obviously having a mid life crisis. He'll now have to go out and get the (eye candy) trophy girl friend just to prove how cool he is. Don't worry she will take the car and dump him. Then he will have to explain to the wife what happened to the car. She will divorce him and take half and because his life has become so complicated he will royally screw up at work and get fired.

So you see you have nothing to worry about.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

LOL. Can't believe how many others are in my situation. But recently we did have some high rollers visiting. Before that day, I'd never seen so many sweet cars in on spot, except maybe Monte Carlo.

I ended up parking between a new S600 and an M5 . So yea, definitely didn't try to mess with those guys.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:10 AM
Instructor

Suffering from mid-life crisis.. maybe

Most likely he suffers from 'little-****' syndrome.....
Old 06-17-2003, 10:08 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
A418t81--I've got to take a picture for you. My new neighbor is a pilot nad has a 2001 A4 and a 1984 Quattro that is totally restored and customized! One gorgeous car, though still slow!

Just kidding...And while you know a stock A4 can't run with the TL-S, I'd take the A4 anyday over a TT (though they handle beautifully)!
Old 06-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Why don't walk into his office, and ask he whined to his Mommy about it, too??
I had a (completely incompetent) manager once trying to give me **** about what I drove (Corvette at the time), and I politely explained that how I spent my money was irrelevant to him. He's no longer with us.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Great story!

The guy's obviously an idiot. A $19,000 Neon SRT-4 would have eaten that TT for lunch and puked it out at the next light, but it's a cheap POS.

Unfortunately, he's in a position of power. Still doesn't make him smart.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:10 AM
is the Mighty Favog

I used to work for a company where nepatism was how you got promoted to upper managment. They went belly up seven years ago.

The lady I work for now understands that, yes, I make 1/5th of what she does but I'm also the most mechanically apt person in the whole company. Everyone else I work around knows this too.

Oh yea, I guess you can call me a "dink" too (dual income, no kids). But my girlfried is a school teacher and they don't make squat compared to the hours they put in. And their doesn't end at 3:00 either, more like 10:30 or 11:00pm just to get up at 5:00am the next moring. Summers aren't much better.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Moderator Alumnus

omfg