Rizza Acura - good folks to do business with

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:37 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Rizza Acura - good folks to do business with

I'm a newbie and here's my story:

I had a white 1991 Acura Legend, that I loved, but I sold it this year and bought a 1997 Buick instead because I wanted decent air conditioning for the summer. Well the Buick only lasted 4 weeks before the engine blew up, so it was already time to buy another car. What did I get? A white 2000 Acura 3.2TL of course. It has been two weeks now and I love this car! 78k miles on the clock and it drives like brand new. I'm actually glad the Buick blew up.

Anyhow, when I picked up the car from Rizza Acura in Orland Park (Chicago Suburb) the engine light came on after a couple of miles down the road. I brought it back the next day and was told it needed a valve adjustment. Despite no warranty and an "as-is" transaction, they fixed for free without hesitation. They even set my wife up with a sweet loaner TSX which was a blast to drive for the day.

So the moral of the story is, they took a potentially bad situation and turned it into a good one. I felt like I got a great deal on the purchase and the dealership stood by their product after the transaction. If you are in the Chicago suburbs and are in need of some service work or are shopping for a new Acura, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like a good dealership to me. I to drove an acura legend, it was a 93, then switched to buick. That was a bad decision, the legend was by far a better car even with double the miles of the buick. After several problems i sold the buick, and now drive an 03 NBP TL S. I will never drive another GM car again, and probably wont drive anything thats not made by honda.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
well thats good to see that there actually are some dealers out there that know REAL customer service.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been to Rizza for parts before and although they didn't have the part I was looking for they located it at the Honda dealerdhip down the street for mr which was cool. I've taken my car for service to McGrath on Ogden in Westmont several times and they're great too. The only bad expierience I've had was with the used car manager at the Honda dealer in countryside where I bought my car, Bob G. This guy sent my wife on a wild goose chase to find a door lock transmitter he promised us at the time of sale. When she got there they laughed at her telling her Bob G often pulls crap like that and made her pay $75. I've repeatedly tried to get him to pay but so far no luck.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
If you bought certified pre-owned car, that means valves should have been already adjusted by them. So they probably forgot, and did it for free for you.
Don't worry, they made enough money during your purchase, so now you getting some of it back...
Old 06-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Instructor

I bought my car from Joe Rizza last year. It wasn't phenomenal or bad service, just average - much better than my experience at Libertyville Toyota though. They wouldn't budge on the price no matter what I said, so I had to do the walk out before they brought down the price by a few hundred dollars. During the test drive, the car shook lightly when braking so under a "we owe", they replaced the brake pads and shaved the rotors. I asked for the ticking noise to be checked (which I later found out through AZ that it was the purge solenoid), but the salesman kept saying, "It's being sold as-is".
Old 06-25-2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by russianDude
If you bought certified pre-owned car, that means valves should have been already adjusted by them. So they probably forgot, and did it for free for you.
Don't worry, they made enough money during your purchase, so now you getting some of it back...
exactly