Retaining Stock Subs w/ Aftermarket HU

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 11:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retaining Stock Subs w/ Aftermarket HU

I need help with retaining the stock subs. I tried using the guide that I found on Acurazine but it isnt working.

I found these under the seats and it was already cut.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:51 AM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
One of them is for power the other two are for audio...

Just by looking those pics seems somebody used the wrong wire.. The one for power remote IIRC is the orange one in the SUB AMP harness.

If somebody could chime in with more accurate info??
Old 06-16-2015, 07:47 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skirmich
One of them is for power the other two are for audio...

Just by looking those pics seems somebody used the wrong wire.. The one for power remote IIRC is the orange one in the SUB AMP harness.

If somebody could chime in with more accurate info??
I used this link. https://acurazine.com/forums/perform...adunit-690434/

Originally Posted by motoxrider295
Here is a simple mod to make the stock Bose sub in our back panel work when changing out to and aftermarket headunit.

What you'll need:
-About 15ft of speaker wire.
-An RCA splitter
-15ft of just plain wire
-One RCA either already split into 2 wires, or an old set of RCA's your willing to cut.

How to:

1) First, lift off the back sit bottom and remove the bolts holding on the seat back. Lift off the seat and remove. On the right side of the car you will see the sub amplifier. Find the wiring harness and cut back the tape or protective wire lume to expose alll the wires.

2) Second, you're going to look for 2 wires colored blue/green and orange/blue, or on the other side of the connection those same wires will be just yellow and the second purple. These wires are the source for the sub amplifier. Here you will take the 15ft of speaker wire and solder on to the labeled wires. Positive on one and Negative on the other, polarity doesn't matter. Now take the 15ft of single wire you have and solder this one to the orange wire on one side, which is equivalent to blue after the harness. This will be the remote turn on when the radio is on.

3) Third, run these wires under the carpet and under the plastic panels making it all the way up to behind the radio and pull them through to let them hang. Here you will use the stripped RCA terminal or one pre-made with 2 wires at the end. Solder the RCA onto the speaker wire you ran from the amp. This wire will plug in to the output labeled SW, SUB, or something like that indicating subwoofer. The with the single wire you ran from the amp, hook this to the remote turn on indicated on the radio's wire harness.

4) Finally, give everything a test you should be able the fully tune the sub through the radio depending on what your chosen radio can do.

I hope I was thorough enough for you but feel free to ask any questions!
It said something about the blue being equivalent on the other side.