Results from Pohanka Acura Service (pretty much all good)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Results from Pohanka Acura Service (pretty much all good)

Ok, so in my last post I was less than thrilled with Pohanka Acura's Service. The last time I took my car in, I got it back and I was missing a wheel lock on my front passenger side wheel, I found they never fixed my passenger side jack point (even though it was listed on the work order when I got it back), and I thought they took off my bypass valve actuator and didn't put it back.

Well, I went in to get as much as possible fixed on the car this time... I wanted them to look into a number of different things:

1. The clear coat on the driver's side door molding was peeling off
2. The bypass valve actuator was missing
3. Warped rotors
4. Missing wheel lock on front passenger side
5. Rough shift from 5th to 4th
6. Squeaking swaybars (I have Comptechs)
7. Broken passenger side jack point

So when I got there, I told the service tech what I wanted done and he said he couldn't fix the jack point last time, OK no big deal ... but he didn't have any problems checking the other things except the wheel lock. They actually found my bypass valve actuator disconnected and inside my engine bay and were able to hook it back up ... They claim it wasn't their fault and they never remove that part and I can't say for sure if it was them or the person who installed my headers later. I had to goto the Service Manager for the wheel locks and complain but I got a whole new set out of it.

Asked for and got a '04 TSX as a loaner (that car is really sweet, love the handling, the interior, and the engine note for a 4cyl is sweet) ... too bad power isn't quite there.

Got my car back the next day, with the rotors resurfaced and new brake pads, new door molding, fixed bypass valve actuator (I checked it out and everything looked like it was working), and lubed the sway bars. They said they couldn't reproduce my transmission problem which I understand because I can't reproduce it either unless I'm driving for over 2 hours but they said its documented and if I have problems down the road they won't have any issues with replacing the transmission.

So overall I'm pretty satisfied. I didn't really get too much resistance for any of the fixes except for the wheel locks, which I guess is kindof hard to prove.

If I wasn't already aware of the transmission problem I probably wouldn't be worried about the rough shift every once in awhile but knowing what I know, I figure it will probably only be a matter of time before I have major problems. Surprisingly it looks like I'm having 4th gear problems instead of the standard 3rd gear probs.

Considering all the bad posts I read about various Acura dealers and their service shops I guess I shouldn't complain about Pohanka. They've been cool about the mods I have, and they didn't really give me any shit about the rotors or the other stuff.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Yeah, they're a good dealership. When I lived in VA I dealt with them and Radley Acura. Both gave me either RL's or TL's for a loaner.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had a terrible experience with Pohanka. If I didn't have to drive 60 miles to Radley, I'd be there. Pohanka and I have gone around and around about service...

Hell, I don't mind paying $85/hr, but don't take 2 hours to do a freakin' oil change!

I've had much better service at other Acura dealerships (Costa Mesa, CA; Jacksonville, FL & Arlington, VA)
Old 04-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Advanced

Just a piece of worthless trivia: Pohanka in Russian is a very basic (and best known) poisonous mushroom.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by speedydoctor
I have had a terrible experience with Pohanka. If I didn't have to drive 60 miles to Radley, I'd be there. Pohanka and I have gone around and around about service...

Hell, I don't mind paying $85/hr, but don't take 2 hours to do a freakin' oil change!

I've had much better service at other Acura dealerships (Costa Mesa, CA; Jacksonville, FL & Arlington, VA)
Heh, I do oil changes myself so I haven't had to deal with their service for oil changes. I did take my car there last summer to get a free VA safety inspection (they do it free for life), and it took them about an hour ... went across the street for dinner and the car was ready by the time I got back. Not a bad deal
Old 04-29-2004, 09:56 AM
Instructor

My wife and I own a TL-S and an MDX and I have received very good service from Pohanka...
Old 04-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by speedydoctor

I'm in the same boat with being much closer to Pohanka than Radley. Always had great service at Radley but not sure if it's worth the extra miles. I had to get my tranny replaced recently and took it to Pohanka since they are closer. They had it replaced in 5 days, no problems, so I might have to start checking out their service prices for the bigger maintenance items