reply to sun damage

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 05:36 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reply to sun damage

i have a windshield cover... the kind that flaps out open to put over ur windshield. When i put that on, in conjunction with my 5% tint, it blocks out most of the sunlight.. i mean it's pretty dark in there. Maybe it is that leather conditioner.. but i also put that conditioner on the back seats and they seem to be fine. I think its just the heat and the fact that the front seat driver's side is the one I sit on all the time. That bottle of water thing seems to be a good idea, but i thought moisture (from water) is bad for leather?
I also tried putting a sweatshirt on the seat but that didnt work.. its mostly the heat that the car absorbs, more than the sunlight.. About the car cover: too long too put on for just driving to work and leaving it out there. I'd have to put it on and off when I need to go somewhere during lunch or whatever.. and there are no garages or trees or anything in the desert only OPEN parking lots..
dont know what else to do, but go to the dealer for new seats? under warranty? does anyone know.. also can i get the leather in the seats replaced.. just the leather cover on the seats.. not the entire seats, frame etc..
thanks
Old 06-24-2002, 11:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Hate to disagree with you brother, but the car cover is REAL easy. Fold it in thirds length wise, then role it up from front to back. Then, in the trunk. When you pull it out, stand at the rear and throw it over the top. It unrolls. Then pull it over the mirrors and pull it down over the bumpers. I do this 4x a day (I go home for lunch everyday). It is NOT a big deal. Not only will it save your seats, and keep your car cooler, it will also save your paint.
Old 06-25-2002, 07:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally posted by TopGum
Hate to disagree with you brother, but the car cover is REAL easy. Fold it in thirds length wise, then role it up from front to back. Then, in the trunk. When you pull it out, stand at the rear and throw it over the top. It unrolls. Then pull it over the mirrors and pull it down over the bumpers. I do this 4x a day (I go home for lunch everyday). It is NOT a big deal. Not only will it save your seats, and keep your car cooler, it will also save your paint.
Which cover do you have? The Acura cover? How does your cover protect against precipitation?
Old 06-25-2002, 09:48 AM
Burning Brakes

California CarCoverCo.

I have the cotton one but I have had the breathable ones also.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
...it will also save your paint.
I'm assuming your car is kept immaculately clean. I cringe evertime I see someone put a car cover over a dirty car. Even light dust will scratch the sh!t out of our clearcoat. It is very soft.

Hey iliveinapathy,

What product do you use to protect your seats? That may be your problem.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Yes it is and I detail it constantly. However, by rolling it out like I described, it really does not slide on the paint. Overall, I think it is a better alternative than having the paint cooked in the SoCal sun everyday.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Talking

California CarCoverCo.

I have the cotton one but I have had the breathable ones also.
Cool, thanks!!