Remote Start-Factory Alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remote Start-Factory Alarm question

Hi all,

I just installed a 552T in my 02 TLS and sometimes when I remote start the factory alarm goes off. It only happens sometimes so I'm not sure what is going on. I know the factory alarm is suppose to disarm with unlock but isn't there another way to bypass this? I looked at diagrams saying that the disarm with unlock is located in the key cylinder but this is a big pain to run from inside the door.

Another option would be to use the factory alarm disarm trigger to unlock the doors during remote start and use the factory arm wire to lock the doors again but this would make it work the way I don't want it to.

Anyone have a better idea?
Old 01-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Advanced

Another thing, I looked around under the passanger seat and there is no factory alarm mod so I'm not sure where to look.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it is a pain but you gotta go in that door. or you can just unlock before r/s....but that gets annoying, and if you forget, you look like an idiot setting your alarm off.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:54 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have an after market alarm with remote start so i dont use my factory alarm at all. the factory remote doesnt work while the car is on, so i think ur better off installing an after market alarm.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by bkzjimmy
i have an after market alarm with remote start so i dont use my factory alarm at all. the factory remote doesnt work while the car is on, so i think ur better off installing an after market alarm.
your factory alarm arms and disarms when your car is locked and unlocked.

his problem is that when his car is locked his factory alarm is armed, when he remote starts it, the factory see's it as somone starting the car and the alarm then goes crazy.

he needs to run the factory disarm into the door, so when the module goes to start the car, it send a pulse to disarm the factory alarm, so it will not set it off. if not he has to unlock his car(disarming the factory alarm) and then starting it and then locking it(rearming the factory alarm)

he has an aftermarket r/s and he will run into this issue wiht any module he picks up. hope this helps
Old 01-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by kamdog211

Anyone have a better idea?
I've read somewhere that there is a hood pin for your factory alarm. If you trick the factory alarm to think the hood is still open, the factory alarm doesn't arm. Hope this helps...
Old 01-30-2008, 06:52 AM
Advanced

Hey guys, thanks for the updates.

This is what I think.

First about the hood pin, there is a negative signal for this: Hood Pin yellow - lt. blue plug below pass. fuse box. But I'm not sure I want to go that way as I'm not sure what it will effect later.

I know the 552T comes with a alarm disarm out negative/alarm arm negative out. So I could just splice into the factory unlock during before the remote start and factory lock after the remote start. Does anyone know if I would have to diod isolate?

This best bet would be to go after the factory alarm disarm without unlock. But its a pain, is the door gromet a molex plug? Its strange that this wire does not run into the car somewhere.

I'll let you guys know what I do this weekend.

Thanks again for updates.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Racer

its not molex. trust me. save yourself the time and just run the wire into the door, the door panels remove very very easy. i would isolate it just to be safe if you go that rout.

and hook the hood pin up, its not a required wire, but the hood pins for safety, if you or someone is working under the hood, you dont want the car to start?

people ask for trouble when they take the easy route. it will maybe take you thirty minutes to run that wire, and thats prolonging it. instead of hacking something up that will take just as long and youll most likely need relays to unlock the car with the factory disarm.

while your at it id find a shock sensor and hook it up while your there.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Advanced

ice2fire11,

Thanks for the update. I hate molex plugs as they make it difficult to run wires. The hood switch is hooked up. This is just a remote start so there is no shock sensor to hook up, not unless I am missing something.

I use to install alarms for Circuit City but this was 7 years ago so I'm a little rusty. I'll take all the help I can get.

Thanks,
Old 01-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Racer

i was talking about picking up a directed shock sensors, just to give you an idea..

its all good man, anytime. i currently work as an installer for there rival. circuit city used to be the shit till they freaked out and let half the company go, retail for ya.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:56 PM
2009 g37s 6mt

My alarm also sometimes goes off, when I get in and blast my subs. I then look loike a tl robocop. Sorry I have A vipper sst just installed
Old 01-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Racer

factory or aftermarket alarm?
Old 01-31-2008, 12:46 AM
Cruisin'

ice2fire

is there a way to disable the factory alarm all together? 01 TL-P
Old 01-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Racer

im sure there is, ive never tried it, but im sure theres a way, maybe just grounding the factory alarm disarm thats in the door, but i dont know if that would be good to do. but you would have to tinker in the drivers door, but if you already take the door off you might as well just hook up the factory disarm

once you take the door panel off...by...

screw in the handle.... push the handle towards the front of the car... there are three little teeth that holds it in....unhook the handle rod....

theres a screw under the arm rest...

remove the black trim piece in the top right corner of the door...

pull the door panel towards you releasing the panel tabs, all the way around the edge of the door... lift up and unhook your security light, your windows and lock plugs.. and the door light at the bottom....

youll need to remove the plastic from the door and the the wire you need is in a module. the little black box directly in from of you.. the wire is a black w/ red stripe and it later on turns into blue.. if your installing your own remote start, i hope your using a meter soooo. you have to meter this wire by turning the lock in the door from the outside of the door with your key. when you turn the key it will show a (-) pulse. once you find the wire...

take out the speaker, 4 screws... and roll your window up by the way.. you can then reach into the door and feel were the wires are running into the door. you can pull both sides of that grommet our- from the door and the door jam running into the car, PLEASE.. run your wire through the grommet and not out so you see it inthe door when you open it.. over time that wire can pinch and cause you more problems.

put everything back together and bam your problem is solved.

sorry if anything is incorrect, i havnt worked on my car in close to a year now so let me know if i missed something. good luck and if you have any questions let me know.

we use a slew of programs at work but you have to pay for them. this is free and pretty accurate http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/
Old 01-31-2008, 04:44 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the info.... I also found this other site i found useful
http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/2001/Acura/TL

btw what is the MUX module?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by kc_457
Thanks for the info.... I also found this other site i found useful
http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/2001/Acura/TL

btw what is the MUX module?

i dont remember off the top of my head. i know thats where alot of your accesories can be caught. i cont remember but, i dont think you have to take the glove box out, you can catch them right at the bottom of the fuse panel. are you adding anything other than the trunk pop?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Cruisin'

remote start alarm with trunk release... Hornet 564T.. i looked at my door this morning and it doesn't look like it's going to be a problem running the - disarm into the door.. thanks for the info..
Old 02-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Racer

hornet? a loyal cc customer... just kidding. anytime
Old 02-02-2009, 10:54 PM
2nd Gear

Sorry to bring up this one year old thread...but I'm having the same problem. The alarm starts going off when I remote start. So right now I'm unlocking, remote starting and then locking.

But now I'm going to give this wire in the door a shot tomorrow. I have a viper 791xv alarm. So basically I connect the factory alarm disarm (-) wire to the black w/red stripe wire? And that should solve my problem?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Advanced

Alarm disarm

Wow, this is an old post.

Yes, if your alarm goes on and off, you have three options.
1. Manualy unlock the car with your keypad and remote start2
2. Connect the disarm wire to unlock your car and arm wire to lock your car (have not tested myself, but others have done this, use at your own risk)
3. Do it the right way and run the wires into the door.

Actually, 4 options. Find a way to disconnect the factory alarm. I was thinking about doing this but I only have a remote start/keyless system so I wanted to keep some type of alarm, plus I didn't know if it messed with the imobilzer system.