Rear Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Head Wanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Suspension

I've had a few complaints before from rear passengers about how bumpy the ride is in my car. I've always discounted those people as whiners and ignored them since it was fine with me. Well as fate would have it, I let someone else drive my car last week and for fun I decided to sit in the backseat just because it was something I've never done before. The first thing I notice is how much cushier and comfortable the rear seats are. The second thing is actually how bumpy the ride is in the back of my car, so much more so than in the front. So now I can empathize with those rear passengers but am not sure what the cause is. Is it just because the seats are more cushy so you bounce more? Is there a difference between the front and rear stock suspension? Maybe the engine in the FWD configuration makes the front more stable?

I've always toyed with the idea of dropping my car in the future when I am bored with the status quo. Now I would have to at least consider the comfort of my passengers in the rear.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Have you not ever gone over a speed bump? The rear is stiffer than the front. That's just the way it's set up.

My passengers (family and friends) never complain, though. And I'm dropped on H&R Sport springs and have Comptech sway bars.