Rear oem body kit install help

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2002, 03:17 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear oem body kit install help

Hi,
I tried to install the rear body kit tonight, and I think I need some help after 2 hours struggle.
I read the FAQ and most of the posts in this site, but no one menthon how to "slide the clips in the rear bumper"? Maybe I am just too stupid....

Here are my questions:

1. Do I slide the clips on to the rear "bumper" or the "body kit" (which is about to be installed)?

2. I think the answer to the first question is the "bumper"... If it is, how to slide the clips in?

I see there are several slots in the bumper, do I stick my hand inside the bumper and slide the clips out (very hard)? Also, Which side of the clips should face down? (One side of the clip is "flat" and other side is like a "socket") After 2 hours of sliding in and out of the clips, I think I should let the "socket" side face down to be able to screw the screws though the body kit to the bumper...Am I right? But, I also think it's very hard (impossible) to slide the clips with the "socket" side face down, those slots are just too small to let the "socket" get thru.......... I Need big help on "how" to slide the clips!!!!!

3. Does the rear body kit install against the "line" on the bumper? or it covers the line?

Sorry for the long post, I really need some help to get it done...

Thanks in advance..
Old 03-16-2002, 08:34 AM
Intermediate

The clips are installed "socket" side up, and they do slide into the bumper. I used a flat head screwdriver to pry open the sheet nuts a little to make them easier to slide in. Don't worry, they do go in a little hard, but they will go in.
Old 03-16-2002, 11:04 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks JTLS...

If I slide the clips "socket" side up, it become too far between the body kit and the bumper for the screws since there are some rubbers on the body kit to keep direct contact with the bumper... Do I just push in the body kit "real hard" and get the screws fasten?

Thanks, I will try to do that again today...