RE: the Houston Meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2001, 09:40 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post RE: the Houston Meet

Okay, so 2 PM Saturday at Miami Subs? I'm down for sure as long as i see some other ppl going.. peace

------------------
'99 3.2 TL

Black/Black
Burlwood Shift Knob
Bodykit
Spoiler
Tint
Old 03-30-2001, 09:51 PM

cool...im there
Old 03-30-2001, 10:02 PM
Burning Brakes

2PM... i'll see if i wake up... Dont have my TL, but i'll be there to check yalls ride out. I already met PimpinTL, vision, and of course Pat (chinaman) HAHa.. thas everyone except i havent met Danny yet...
Old 03-30-2001, 10:12 PM
Pro

Okay so Confirmed is Me, Chinaman, Danny, Matt said he'll try, Vision-??

Thatitea?? CL?? everyone else?

------------------
'99 3.2 TL

Black/Black
Burlwood Shift Knob
Bodykit
Spoiler
Tint
Old 03-30-2001, 11:59 PM

hmmm...it might rain in the afternoon...
Old 03-31-2001, 12:04 AM
Burning Brakes

umm, i havent' met anybody yet except for Matt...
Old 03-31-2001, 12:06 AM
Burning Brakes

hmmm.. i just took off my rims the other day... anyone else going?... if so i'll put back on my rims and go...

------------------
00' Acura 3.2TL Nighthawk Black Pearl
- 18's Lowenharts LGM Chrome (3 piece)
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
- Apexi N1 WS coilovers
Old 03-31-2001, 12:40 AM
Instructor

Question

So wats the final decision? Are yall still gonna meet or something? When and Where? Altho I have a CL, but if yall allow me, i would love to hang out with yall!

------------------
Edward Wong
99TL, 01CL w/AEM
Houston(Sugarland),TX.
Old 03-31-2001, 12:41 AM
Instructor

Question

BTW, do yall know that Miami Sub shuted down or something? Cuz I never see them open anymore, day or night!

------------------
Edward Wong
99TL, 01CL w/AEM
Houston(Sugarland),TX.
Old 03-31-2001, 12:42 AM
Burning Brakes

your welcome to come.. the more the better =)

its going to be at 2pm at miami subs

anyone else from the CL coming?

hmm debating if i should put on my rims.. hmmmmmmm....

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
- Apexi N1 WS coilovers
Old 03-31-2001, 09:36 AM
Burning Brakes

I'll be there...need to wash my car first. I might be late though. if plans change just call me 281-650-2188.

------------------
Patrick Lee
2001 Acura TL
WW Spoiler
WW Body Kit
Old 03-31-2001, 06:05 PM
Instructor

Question

Damn, did yall meet over at Miami Sub? Damn, if yall did, i missed it.... Cuz I just read the post, and it's already Saturday 6:05pm, which is now.... Hmm, hope i didnt miss too much, how was yall meet?

------------------
Edward Wong
99TL, 01CL w/AEM
Houston(Sugarland),TX.
Old 03-31-2001, 11:05 PM

Hope you guys dont mind, I may bring my friend with me. Shes thinking of getting a 323...maybe itll change her mind. hehe
Old 03-31-2001, 11:55 PM
Din
Pro

Hmmm.. I dont even have a TL anymore.
Old 04-01-2001, 04:00 AM
Instructor

Exclamation

Hmmm, I guess yall did meet huh? so how was it? anything cool/new? Guess i missed alot huh? Hey yall, really, from now on, most CL people will meet up over at SuperK on Westhimer and Dunville around 10pm every Sat. night, yall guys should come join us.... There were many cool cars there tonight, included a REALLY COOL Diablo! DAMN! Well anyway, yall should drop by and meet us.... cuz many CLP and CLS people were there too....!

------------------
Edward Wong
99TL, 01CL w/AEM
Houston(Sugarland),TX.
Old 04-01-2001, 12:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Din:
Hmmm.. I dont even have a TL anymore.
You don't even got a car scrub. hahah.
Old 04-01-2001, 02:21 PM
Pro

Cool

We met at around 2 p.m. at Miami subs. I was a lil late because i was coming from school and apparently, 59 S was blocked off! I had to go around. Anyways, it was a simple informal meet, but we all got a chance to see each others cars. I think Matt had the best ride out there with his Isuzu Rodeo (j/k). Tu's (sorry if i mispelled) car was phat though, it looked like mine but it was low as hell with his coilovers. Pat had the pretty cool WW bodykit, and cool mirror tint. I think that tint works best for silver cars. Ty's (sp??) car was the only one with Navi. Later, Danny and I met up in Sugar land for some racing. We finally found a strip of road that was safe from cops and traffic (although the neighbors were on to us. they were staring at us probably jocking our rides... even tho we were in a rich neighborhood, the guy that really stared at us was driving an old VOLVO!! HAHA.) So here are the results for anyone interested: We raced 4 times i think. 3 out of four i inadvertently was racing with TCS. Two time Danny beat me by approx 2 feet. One time i screwed up at launch and he smoked me. The fourth race was proper we both took off TCS and both raced sport shift. I am pretty sure i was ahead of him by about 3 or so feet during the middle but then toward the end he beat me by about 2 feet again. All in all, it was pretty cool just to meet everyone. Next time we'll do a proper meet like i heard the lexus crew has. Later everyone

------------------
'99 3.2 TL

Black/Black
Burlwood Shift Knob
Bodykit
Spoiler
Tint
Old 04-01-2001, 02:36 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Pimpin_TL:
We met at around 2 p.m. at Miami subs. I was a lil late because i was coming from school and apparently, 59 S was blocked off! I had to go around. Anyways, it was a simple informal meet, but we all got a chance to see each others cars. I think Matt had the best ride out there with his Isuzu Rodeo (j/k). Tu's (sorry if i mispelled) car was phat though, it looked like mine but it was low as hell with his coilovers. Pat had the pretty cool WW bodykit, and cool mirror tint. I think that tint works best for silver cars. Ty's (sp??) car was the only one with Navi. Later, Danny and I met up in Sugar land for some racing. We finally found a strip of road that was safe from cops and traffic (although the neighbors were on to us. they were staring at us probably jocking our rides... even tho we were in a rich neighborhood, the guy that really stared at us was driving an old VOLVO!! HAHA.) So here are the results for anyone interested: We raced 4 times i think. 3 out of four i inadvertently was racing with TCS. Two time Danny beat me by approx 2 feet. One time i screwed up at launch and he smoked me. The fourth race was proper we both took off TCS and both raced sport shift. I am pretty sure i was ahead of him by about 3 or so feet during the middle but then toward the end he beat me by about 2 feet again. All in all, it was pretty cool just to meet everyone. Next time we'll do a proper meet like i heard the lexus crew has. Later everyone

Hey cool, so seems like 99 and 00+ are about the same or something? Hey really, why not you guys come to the SuperK parking every Sat. night around 10pm.... Its really cool, cuz me and some other CLP/CLS people will meet there and stuff, and some Accord V6 guys too..... We should have another mini-meet over there again.... Man, i seriously think we need a make a big meet with all the CL and TL in houston, so we won't be laughting by those Cali guys..... wat do yall think?

------------------
Edward Wong
99TL, 01CL w/AEM
Houston(Sugarland),TX.
Old 04-01-2001, 02:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Talking

even tho we were in a rich neighborhood, the guy that really stared at us was driving an old VOLVO!!

Hey my dad has a volvo so dont hate...but it does suck too . well it was cool meeting everyone. everyones car looking good. should do it again sometime.

IMO mirror tint only looks good on silver or white cars
Old 04-01-2001, 03:05 PM
Pro

Hey Houston, I will try next saturday. I had a lot of exams this week so hopefully next week i will be free-er. I would like to come to the CL meets. I don't think the 99 and the '00s are the same actually. I felt that the 99's are slower. But i did feel that they was a small difference. Like, if i was to install a CAI it would even out - that small of a differnce. Remember we only raced short distance, so quarter mile racing is a different thing. Anyoe know a good place to race? once again it was cool meeting everyone.

------------------
'99 3.2 TL

Black/Black
Burlwood Shift Knob
Bodykit
Spoiler
Tint
Old 04-01-2001, 03:27 PM
Burning Brakes

any pics?
Old 04-01-2001, 03:58 PM

Good meeting all of you. but no, we dont got any pictures, woops.
Old 04-01-2001, 07:51 PM
Burning Brakes

no pics.. truly informal huh lol.. nice meeting you all

it was hella hot though, good lord.. looking foward to this summer hahahaha.. car will be smokin' alright (~_O) hahahaha..

------------------
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
- Apexi N1 WS coilovers
Old 04-01-2001, 11:04 PM
Instructor

Hey Houston, I will try next saturday. I had a lot of exams this week so hopefully next week i will be free-er. I would like to come to the CL meets. I don't think the 99 and the '00s are the same actually. I felt that the 99's are slower. But i did feel that they was a small difference. Like, if i was to install a CAI it would even out - that small of a differnce. Remember we only raced short distance, so quarter mile racing is a different thing. Anyoe know a good place to race? once again it was cool meeting everyone.

Well I have to agree with you, cuz I have both 99 and 01, 3.2 motor powered car.... Actually, off the line, the 4spd seems to have a little more punch to it, but once the VTEC kicks in at 4500rpm, thats where you feel the MOST different.... Cuz the 5spd, you can tell if the VTEC is kicking in or not, but 4spd, you dun really feel some extra kick or anything, just pulling.... BUT i don't think the 99 are too much slower.... I did try to put the CAI from 01 to 99... well, it make the car louder, but dont see as much power gain as the 01 motor with the CAI....

------------------
Edward Wong
99TL, 01CL w/AEM
Houston(Sugarland),TX.
Old 04-01-2001, 11:18 PM

Originally posted by v_i_s_i_o_n:

it was hella hot though, good lord.. looking foward to this summer hahahaha.. car will be smokin' alright (~_O) hahahaha..

dude, meets in summer better be held INSIDE! hahaha. We'll just park by the windows of some restaurant and talk about our cars from the inside
Old 04-02-2001, 12:45 AM
Instructor

Exclamation

Originally posted by Danny with a silver stock:
dude, meets in summer better be held INSIDE! hahaha. We'll just park by the windows of some restaurant and talk about our cars from the inside
Cool, my family own a restaurant in Katy, yes, a little far, but hey, i probally can get everyone a free lunch or dinner while we having the meet.... cuz i am kinda organizing with the CL people, and everyone in CL welcomes yall to join us! But now still in a developmental stage, hehe! Matt should know wat rest. i am talking about!

------------------
Edward Wong
99TL, 01CL w/AEM
Houston(Sugarland),TX.
Old 04-02-2001, 12:50 AM
Burning Brakes

What kinda restaraunt???
Old 04-02-2001, 02:25 AM
Instructor

Exclamation

Originally posted by 1999TL:
What kinda restaraunt???
Its a Chinese Buffet! Hehe!

------------------
Edward Wong
99TL, 01CL w/AEM
Houston(Sugarland),TX.
Old 04-02-2001, 05:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Your last name is wong and your parents own a chinese buffet? WTF? go figure....j/k!
Old 04-02-2001, 07:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Talking

Hey free food? Hell Im there

*yawn* too early in the morning.
Old 04-02-2001, 08:00 AM
Burning Brakes

It was pretty koo.... yes it was HOT!!! I got a tan from standing out in the sun. Well, i got to meet Thai (thaitea) and Danny, the rest i already knew. Which was Tu, Pat, and Dhruv.... It was a small meeting, unorganized, last minute thing.... Next time lets just meet up with the CL peeps so we can have more people attending...
Old 04-02-2001, 10:12 AM
Racer

Hey...who's offering free food?...I'm there man. Hehehe...Houston CL...didn't see ya there. I was there late so I don't know who's who. I remember chinaman, pimpinTL, ballxnxparley, vision. I don't know the prelude girl and others. I almost didn't go, I was just on my way to Bellaire and thought I stop by and saw u guys there. I think I might have seen vision and chinaman somewhere before but not sure. Which one of u guys was danny...I missed it.

I'm definitely gonna get factory body kit, maybe in a couple months...I got so many other things to pay for hehehhe.

It's all good meeting TL and CL people, but I don't know if I can hang late saturday evening.

------------------

2001 3.2TL with Nav
Satin Silver Metallic
Factory Rear Wing Spoiler
Old 04-02-2001, 10:35 AM
Pro

Talking

I agree with Matt, I want to meet up with the CL fellas too. Matt if your car isn't ready next time, I can pick you up from King Bo and we can roll together since your rest. is literally 1 min from my house.

HoustonCL: I think you're right about the VTEC thing, i don't feel it that much in my car. What can I do to change this? VTEC controller will tha thelp?

I'm down for the free food too, that will be sweet. Later fellas

------------------
'99 3.2 TL

Black/Black
Burlwood Shift Knob
Bodykit
Spoiler
Tint
Old 04-02-2001, 12:07 PM
Instructor

I agree with Matt, I want to meet up with the CL fellas too. Matt if your car isn't ready next time, I can pick you up from King Bo and we can roll together since your rest. is literally 1 min from my house.

HoustonCL: I think you're right about the VTEC thing, i don't feel it that much in my car. What can I do to change this? VTEC controller will tha thelp?

I'm down for the free food too, that will be sweet. Later fellas

Yea, Matt, if you need a ride to the CL/TL meet next time, just let me know! You know where i live and stuff, hehe, i wouldn't mind to pick you up at all, cuz its only like a minute from my house, and i have to pass by ur rest. anyway!

About the Vtec thing, i talked to the tech. in Acura..... He told me, actually there is nothing you can do to it. The different came from #1, more aggressive cam. #2, better flow intake manifod(not as good as TypeS but a little better than 99/Accord. #3, tranny, one more gear, so it's less drag in each gear, therefore smaller gear ration.
He said the 99 is basicly a revised 99Accord. Same tranny, same intake manifod. Then 2000, they actually made a severe change on the TL motor(to us, it's only little different in power, but engine wise, many things changed). So 99TL is more like in between an Accord, and 2000+TL. Nothing you can do, unless you change those things. Don't worry, its not worth the money, just enjoy it man...

------------------
Edward Wong
99TL, 01CL w/AEM
Houston(Sugarland),TX.
Old 04-02-2001, 12:21 PM

Originally posted by thaitea:
Which one of u guys was danny...I missed it.
That would be me

And to HoustonCL, katy is not at all a far drive when free food is concerned! lol.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Danny with a silver stock on April 02, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-02-2001, 02:26 PM
Burning Brakes

THaitea and Danny yall had just missed each other. Right when Danny left the parking lot Thaitea rolled up. Dont worry yall have the EXACT same car cept thaitea has navigation

------------------
Patrick Lee
2001 Acura TL
WW Spoiler
WW Body Kit
Old 04-02-2001, 10:42 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up

Hi ppl I'm csp33, a buddy of HoustonCL, but osmehow he doesn't lemme knwo about any of the TL/CL meet until I read the posts! So, what's up here? I wanna meet up and know more ppl here! =)
Old 04-02-2001, 10:50 PM
Instructor

I would come if i didnt have to work
Old 04-03-2001, 01:40 AM
Pro

Cool

HoustonCL:

but there isn't a little diff in power, the hp is the same. the displacement is also the same too, so they both are modified accord v6's. i dunno when we raced it was fairly neck and neck... i hope you aren't comparing against CL b/c i would imagine those are lighter...
Old 04-03-2001, 02:05 AM
Instructor

HoustonCL:

but there isn't a little diff in power, the hp is the same. the displacement is also the same too, so they both are modified accord v6's. i dunno when we raced it was fairly neck and neck... i hope you aren't comparing against CL b/c i would imagine those are lighter...
Well, I tried my best to understand ur question.... are you refering to Accord V6 or 99/00 CL/TL?? Well I assume you comparing between 99 and 00+ CL/TL.... no CL and TL are about the same weight, or i should say, the differce is not enuff to cause any noticeable power....

Ok, let do this.... yes, 99 and 00 have the same block and same displacement... its a fact... well but one thing tho... more power or same power doesnt mean the same performance... cuz the way car manufactor calculate power is how much power can it produce at the crank, there for this engine can produce 225hps at the crank.... BUT this is b4 including the actual real road condition... such as tranny, torque converter, weight, etc.....

Normally the ACTUAL power of an automatic car will be 20-25% less than the crank power... on a 00+ 3.2, 20% less 225 is 180hps... thats the power most people dynoed...

but since 4spd is a slower reaction tranny, and each gear is longer, it will take longer time to pull from 2k rpm to 6750rpm than a 5spd due to gear ratio...... I heard some 99 owner dynoed, and have 25% less power at the wheel, so thats about 170hps... thats like 12hps less than the 5spd... which Accord has about 160hps at the wheel.... That's why i say 00 is a bit faster in 0-60 n 1/4.... 00TL - 6.7, 15.2 Vs. 99TL - 7.4, 15.5 Vs. Accord - 8.0, 16.1

Good example was 00Maxima 222 Vs. 99Max 190.... Auto, they both are about the same from 0-60 and 1/4..... so sometimes more power dun mean faster.... or look at 00MAX 222 Vs. TL 225, TL is still faster than a MAX Auto.

NOw, these only came from my experience chatting with tech, car freaks and people over all these years while i was learning about cars.... so if something you don't agree, don't quote me for it! Hope this help!

------------------
Edward Wong
99TL, 01CL w/AEM
Houston(Sugarland),TX.

Quick Reply: RE: the Houston Meet