Raced a modded RSX-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 06:53 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raced a modded RSX-S

I was going south on US-1 towards FIU north when i saw two lights on the window washer spouts comin up behind me. The headlights looked like a WRX, which is what I thought the car originally was But it turns out it was a RSX. Usually when I see those it means that there is a kid in the car and maybe he'll want to race. So he switched out of my lane into the one on my right and we got stopped at a red light. I have a bone stock 2003 NBP TL-S. I didnt think he wanted to race but when the light turned green off we went. I got the jump on him and his nose was at my rear bumper all the way to about 80 when I pulled away slowly. But going 80 is crazy on US-1 so i shut down and so did he. We got stopped at another light and i asked him if his car was a type S he said yes and I asked if he had any mods. HE said he had intake, headers and pulleys. His engine sounded nice. Then we were off again. I got the jump in the beginning but up to 60 he pulled on me very slowly but he never got in front of me . Then again at 80 i pulled away from him then we both shut down at about 100. By the way those little RSX's are quick, they all get my respect now. :worship:
Old 02-04-2003, 07:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i also raced a modded rsxs about 2 mths ago. it was my first time doing so. we didnt get to run from a stop, cause i was on the freeway. i also saw lights coming fast on me, so i eased up to speed...about 85mph. i switched to ss and held that speed while he continued to catch up to me, then floored it and took him by surprise.

it was fun, cause this car looked sweet, nicely dropped. nice rims, no disgusting wing although i left him about a car length behind, he stayed right there with me up to about 120mph. we slowed down and safely passed some traffic(yeh right ) then took off again. this time he got me, cause i wasnt in vtec range...but i quickly got back on his azzz and stayed there, until 100mph rolled around and i started to gain on him then, til we slowed down again.

i was surprised, cause this car had good acceleration above 70mph...impressive for such a small engine.