Race a stock 350Z & WRX

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 03:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Race a stock 350Z & WRX

yea..i race those on my way home 2night..it was on 3 lane hway and at 4 in the moring..
we did two run from 60-140..so we all 3 line up and did a roll start
the Z pull away from us..but the rex doesn't goin anyway..just dead even with..but at 80 to 85 i gain alittle bit on the rex..once i shift to 4..the rex had me..when i'm over the VTEC lag on 4..like around 5krpm..i can hear from my CAI..so i just stay 1 or 1andhalf behine the rex..and the second time is the same..i hit 145 then we just shut it off..then me and the Z get off at the same exit..and did a little run...30-60..had me like a car...
so far i'm happy..coz those two are damm fast car.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WHY THE F{}CK WOULD YOU RACE ON THE STREET AT 145MPH JUST FOR AN EGO THING? Damn, man, life is more important than trying to go faster than another car. There will always be another car out there thats faster than a TL. The TL is no race car. IF thats what you want, then sell your car and go out and buy something else. I mean come on now, if you had a tire blow out at that speed, there wouldnt be anything left of you.

I just had to interject my 2 cents when i read this thread.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:26 AM
Banned

Originally posted by 2002acuraTL
WHY THE F{}CK WOULD YOU RACE ON THE STREET AT 145MPH JUST FOR AN EGO THING? Damn, man, life is more important than trying to go faster than another car. There will always be another car out there thats faster than a TL. The TL is no race car. IF thats what you want, then sell your car and go out and buy something else. I mean come on now, if you had a tire blow out at that speed, there wouldnt be anything left of you.

I just had to interject my 2 cents when i read this thread.
I agree, anything over 100 should be taken to the track. I understand people's craving for speed and find myself over 100 mph on the turnpike sometimes but, I doubt I would want to push a TL over 110. I mean, I really don't care what you do with your lives but you can impact some1's elses lives and that I care. umm sorry....I'm sure everyone knows the danger of driving and I doubt he needed a lecture......lol:p
Old 06-01-2003, 03:11 AM
Pro

IT was on the highway..not streets. There is vitually no cars on the freeway at 4:00.

Well, the tires are suppose to told up to 147 MPH plus the marginal overhead. Even if your tire blew at 90 mph...there wouldn't be anything less of you.

I'm not saying you should or should not race...i'm just stating the facts.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:13 AM
Racer

got some mad guts though. i tok my to 135, and i was sh!tting in my pants
Old 06-01-2003, 07:15 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,159 Posts
How many more times do we have to read about some dumbass getting killed while racing?
Old 06-01-2003, 01:36 PM
Advanced

I did 140 MPH one time on my '96 3.2TL (I was alone)...man I'm so happy my tires didn't blow out. Cuz when I started learning about tires, my old tires were rated to go only at 110 MPH! I'm never doing that again, then again I'm not going to be speeding more than 80mph now.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:51 AM
Censored User

Location: Miami - just one day, I would like to drive without getting cut off!
Not saying its right, but you can't a TL-s over 100 at the track. Well not within a 1/4 mile that is.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

I guess what bothers me the most when i read the threads that say "i just killed a [fill in car here]... and I was 2 car lengths ahead until he dropped off after we hit 135 mph [blah blah blah...]" is that lets be serious here for a minute: I know many of you have or find the time to wash you car every day, and clay bar it every few weeks, and get 18" after market rims and tires and use your tire bright and all that appearance stuff ---- but how many of you actually walk all around your car every morning and carefully inspect all the mechanicals to make sure everything is tight and intact, including the tire treads for unsuspecting nails that may be caught up in the tread but have not yet stabbed through?

I've found two like that in my tires over the past 5 years, once a nail, once a screw, and only noticed it while washing the wheels and happened to glance at the tread and saw it. If i wasnt down there at that moment and kept driving that way, the screw might have gone into the tread at the wrong moment.

I did once have a blow out in a Buick Lesabre at 80 MPH from a nail and surprisingly the car held its own, but I heard it "pop" and immediately began to decend the speed. By the time i pulled over, the tire had just lost all the air and i didnt even damage the rim. I wouldnt imagine it would have been so eventless if i was going 145MPH at the time.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:33 AM
Burning Brakes

VTEC:
Doode MORE POWER TO YOU. I know what you are talkin' about and can atest that the only thing you have to worry about on the freeway around here (weston-75???) at 4 a.m. is the bubble gum machine that might be layin' low on the median... waiting for a person to add excitment to their lives.

V.Nak If you are only driving your tl-s up to 80 miles per hour, then sell it and go get a freakin' BUICK... It will be gentler on your kidneys. Oh yeah, and stick to the far right lanes!!!

I want a sports car, but I need the extra couple of doors and the trunk. So, I drive a TL-S (for crying out loud, the TL-s I drive hangs with 600 cc and above sport bikes at 140+ mph on the Florida turnpike)

And about the death argument... If I am going to go, I'd rather it be at 150 mph in my NBP2K2TL-TYPE-S than from say smoking, or falling down a defective elevator shaft, or crossing the street, or in my bed alone, from a heart attack, but not rather than dying while having sex. That would be the ultimate...

202AcuraTL, IN YOUR FAVOR: Doing those things on a vehicle that is not properly and meticulosly maintained is suicidal.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:59 PM
Racer

Originally posted by stiletto
VTEC:
And about the death argument... If I am going to go, I'd rather it be at 150 mph in my NBP2K2TL-TYPE-S than from say smoking, or falling down a defective elevator shaft, or crossing the street, or in my bed alone, from a heart attack, but not rather than dying while having sex. That would be the ultimate...
Man, you die from any of that, and it's just you that dies. Nobody cares and nobody else is hurt. When you race on the road, you have no idea who or what is going to be out there and who else you may kill.

Just take it to the track
Old 06-02-2003, 08:38 PM
Pro

Originally posted by stiletto
VTEC:
(for crying out loud, the TL-s I drive hangs with 600 cc and above sport bikes at 140+ mph on the Florida turnpike)

I have to say that who ever is riding those bikes can't ride, if they let a TL-S hang with them.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:09 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by QUIETSTORMMVN_IN
I have to say that who ever is riding those bikes can't ride, if they let a TL-S hang with them.
AMEN!