Race with R33 SKyline GTR

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 04:46 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Race with R33 SKyline GTR

After a meeting with TL friends on the import night, I was driving back home..and all of the sudden I saw a R33 Skyline GTR driving slowly on the slow lane...I think it is the show car from the hot import night..I was surprised so I followed behind him..and he thought I wanna race with him so he press the gas and all of the sudden..he's going very far... The acceleration on the freeway was incrediable. And when I finally got close to him, his slowing down again and not interest to race with me. but this was the first time I saw a R33 driving on the freeway. It was very good experience
Old 01-27-2002, 04:51 AM
Pro

thats cool...i saw a couple of r34's and a silver r33 (fool put on chrome wheels on a race car)...and a gunmetal r32 was in a shop next door once (rumor was it was in to get its odometer pulled back by motorex for a higher resale value or to keep a mileage (km?) reading promise).

i like seeing those...just the rarity and the power potential...
Old 01-27-2002, 10:31 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Power potential is an understatement. Getting a skyline and not working it should be illegal and punishable by death.
Old 01-27-2002, 10:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I feel your pain..
Ed
Old 01-27-2002, 12:51 PM
Bada Bing

That's one thorobred that should not be stabled...it needs to get out and strech (spelling ) it's legs out.
Old 01-27-2002, 12:54 PM
Drifting

The title read "Race with... skyline", I'm like... how did you even dare!! But I guess you didn't really race with him.

Yeah, I see a couple of Skylines here in Torrance. They're nice.... but for that kinda price for used cars??? I dunno man. I'm not a used car kinda guy.
Old 01-27-2002, 01:36 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SLVR TL
The title read "Race with... skyline", I'm like... how did you even dare!! But I guess you didn't really race with him.

Yeah, I see a couple of Skylines here in Torrance. They're nice.... but for that kinda price for used cars??? I dunno man. I'm not a used car kinda guy.
haha, you see a couple?! man! That's where MOTOREX IS! you also got Signal Auto there! What's up with all the japanese tuning shops residing in Torrance?! why not San Gabriel?! :p :p
Old 01-27-2002, 02:35 PM
Pro

Originally posted by ElegantTL

haha, you see a couple?! man! That's where MOTOREX IS! you also got Signal Auto there! What's up with all the japanese tuning shops residing in Torrance?! why not San Gabriel?! :p :p
They're not in San Gabriel because they're all Chinese up there and Signal being a Japanese tuner shop....

Crapload of Japanese are in Borrance/Gardena...not to mention Honda and Nissan are there.
Old 01-27-2002, 02:57 PM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

Originally posted by jimster716
thats cool...i saw a couple of r34's and a silver r33 (fool put on chrome wheels on a race car)...and a gunmetal r32 was in a shop next door once (rumor was it was in to get its odometer pulled back by motorex for a higher resale value or to keep a mileage (km?) reading promise).

i like seeing those...just the rarity and the power potential...
is it possible to pull back the odometer with out them knowing, wouldn't the buyer check this out before buying, why would a tune shop like motorex do that for him? sorry for the question, this just raises a "what the hell you doin" in my head
Old 01-27-2002, 03:22 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Blazin TL

is it possible to pull back the odometer with out them knowing, wouldn't the buyer check this out before buying, why would a tune shop like motorex do that for him? sorry for the question, this just raises a "what the hell you doin" in my head
these rumors have been goin around for awhile...motorex sets prices according to condition and mileage on the used cars...i believe they bracket the prices and if a customer wants an R32 with 50k miles on it or less why not give them one that has 72k miles on it and turn the odometer back...who would know? it's used anyways...there are always ways to turn back the odometer and i think the R32's used the mechanical ones. motorex from what i heard wasn't selling many cars...a lot of the cars were running on dealer plates and they took a long a$$ time to get DOT approval for these cars, they had to crash one from each generation to prove crash worthiness. and motorex isn't really a tuner shop, they're an automotive importer...they've gotten into tuner parts to address demands by customers who wanted fully tuned turn-key cars.

it's not to say Motorex actually does this but you can't avoid these kind of rumors when you're the only one selling an exclusive expensive used car that isn't selling very well. let's face it, we don't see enough of these cars to convince us that Motorex is actually turning a profit. and if Nissan brings in the next R35 GT-R then it's all over for Motorex, their reason for existing is no longer there and they'll remain hopelessly a used car dealer specializing in R32, R33, and R34 overpriced Skylines.
Old 01-27-2002, 04:26 PM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

Originally posted by jimster716

these rumors have been goin around for awhile...motorex sets prices according to condition and mileage on the used cars...i believe they bracket the prices and if a customer wants an R32 with 50k miles on it or less why not give them one that has 72k miles on it and turn the odometer back...who would know? it's used anyways...there are always ways to turn back the odometer and i think the R32's used the mechanical ones. motorex from what i heard wasn't selling many cars...a lot of the cars were running on dealer plates and they took a long a$$ time to get DOT approval for these cars, they had to crash one from each generation to prove crash worthiness. and motorex isn't really a tuner shop, they're an automotive importer...they've gotten into tuner parts to address demands by customers who wanted fully tuned turn-key cars.

it's not to say Motorex actually does this but you can't avoid these kind of rumors when you're the only one selling an exclusive expensive used car that isn't selling very well. let's face it, we don't see enough of these cars to convince us that Motorex is actually turning a profit. and if Nissan brings in the next R35 GT-R then it's all over for Motorex, their reason for existing is no longer there and they'll remain hopelessly a used car dealer specializing in R32, R33, and R34 overpriced Skylines.
wow...