questions-help?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 08:40 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
questions-help?!

I had my 30,000 mile service done at 33,000 miles...The last two oil changes I have switched over to the Mobile 1 synthetic though I have added the CAI. Certainly I saw some performance gains with the CAI and was very happy.
It has now gotten hot and humid here in Florida and the car has been seemingly slower due to the weather...
Well, the 30k service drained the tranny fluid and adjusted the valves. Additionally, they replaced my valve gasket somethingorother (my normal service guy who seems to always know what he is talking about) wasn't there so I don't know why.

Anyway, all that being said, the car seems to sound smoother and run smoother. Further, it feels significantly quicker and is chirping my tires like mad (they didn't rotate them either, so it isn't that) into second gear with the weather being the same. The car feels much stronger in the lower rpm's as well. My tranny still lags (they can't figure out that problem) but does feel the same to me. They did disconnect the battery, but I already did all that after the CAI install...
Think it's just me having been dulled to sleep in the base model RSX loaner I drove all of 15 miles to work and back, or can the swapping of fluids, reset and valve adjustment/gasket replacement affect the car in such a way? Your input is appreciated...
Old 03-13-2003, 09:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
I think it's a combination of both.

Driving another (underpowered) car for even a short amount of time will make you appreciate the TL-S when you get back into it.

In addition, doing tune-ups like that will make your car perform better. That's one of the reasons why they do the tune-ups
Old 03-13-2003, 09:47 AM
l33t

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If anything the valve adjustment will give you some performance back, but shouldent be that much... Here in tampa its gettin humid and warm like you said, and im noticing a difference too. Maby your valves or somethin was out of wack? If they replaced the valve gasket, that could be it too... a tiny hole in that thing and you will loose compression...........