Questions about a letter I got from Acura

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 01:56 PM
Mobile Elec. Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about a letter I got from Acura

I recieved this letter today from Acura welcoming into the Acura family (It's not my first Acura, since i had a Legend before this car, but still a nice touch on their part):

Welcome to that Acura Family. Thank you for choosing a 1999 Acura Certified Pre-Owned 3.2TL . We hope that the purchase expirience has met your highest expectations and that you will enjoy owning and driving your Acura for many years to come.

Your Acura Certified Pre-Owned 3.2TL was carefully selected, thoroughly inspected and serviced prior to delivery. If a problem should arise, all authorized Acura dealers in the U.S. will be happy to honor your Acura Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle (ACPV) Limited Warranty and help get you back on the road as soon as possible.

The attached Owner ID card can help the servicing dealer locate vehicle records and should make the process faster and more convinient for you. The ACPV program entitles you to a package of complimentary services provided nationwide through the Cross Country Motor Club. Benifit highlights are listed on the next page. Please see your Warranty book for complete details.

Thank you again for choosing an Acura Certified Pre-Owned 3.2TL. We look forward to serving you.

Sincerely,
AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC.
Richard Colliver
Executive Vice President

And this is the card that was referred to in the letter:

Certified Warranty Exp Date: Exp Milage
Powertrain 9/2/2006 100k
Non Powertrain 9/2/2004 62k

My questions are these does the non-powertrain mean what i think it does in that it is essentially an extension of the bumper to bumper warranty? and Has anyone here used the roadside assistance stuff? Is it any good?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:52 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, non-powertrain is just an extension to your bumper-to-bumper. Just a little advice, make sure that you get any major appearance defects taken care of before 50K. The black tape around the doors on my 99 was peeling when I bought it and I never really paid attention to it. Then, I went to the dealer to have it repaired, under warranty, and they wouldn't do it b/c I was over 50K. No "appearance" repairs after 50K.