Put My Wheels back on for summer

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 03:41 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put My Wheels back on for summer

I had forgotten just how well the TLs handles with REAL wheels on it and not the crap that Acura gives us stock. This really urk's me because the TLs would pull a hell of a lot better handling numbers if Honda gave it real tires and wheels. The BMW/Nissan come stock with ZR rated times and wide tires which barely give them a slight advantage, with the correct combo on the TLs... it would probably out handle them both hands down.
Old 07-04-2002, 10:30 PM
Burning Brakes

I don't think the TL is going to be outhandling any BMWs anytime soon, I don't really care if there were better tires on there or not.....but upgraded tires really do help a lot, it makes you realize how ****ty the stock tires really are!
Old 07-05-2002, 02:13 AM
...and then there was One

Sweet. Didn't you have some 19" white rims? Couldn't remember. You gonna go to the meet people are trying to get together with the North California, Oregon, Washingon, and hopefully some BC people?
Old 07-05-2002, 07:18 PM
Racer

Originally posted by accordv6
I don't think the TL is going to be outhandling any BMWs anytime soon, I don't really care if there were better tires on there or not.....but upgraded tires really do help a lot, it makes you realize how ****ty the stock tires really are!
UM.... Um... Wasnt there just a review of a 330Ci Vs CLs showing the CLs clearily the winner in handling... Did you miss that? Wasnt it even the great, reliable magazine Car & Driver that did it. While my may know a tad bit about cars, I think I'll take Car & Drivers opnion over yours... sorry... but they've been doing it for like 75 years...
Old 07-05-2002, 07:19 PM
Racer

Originally posted by SimTypeS
Sweet. Didn't you have some 19" white rims? Couldn't remember. You gonna go to the meet people are trying to get together with the North California, Oregon, Washingon, and hopefully some BC people?

Have not heard about it, but I dont visit often any more, keep me informed!
Old 07-06-2002, 09:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by y2ks2k

UM.... Um... Wasnt there just a review of a 330Ci Vs CLs showing the CLs clearily the winner in handling... Did you miss that? Wasnt it even the great, reliable magazine Car & Driver that did it. While my may know a tad bit about cars, I think I'll take Car & Drivers opnion over yours... sorry... but they've been doing it for like 75 years...
Have you driven them both? I have, in fact I own one, a 330i with the sport package, and I can tell you my Accord(which is the same chasis as a CL/TL even with my 18s and continental sport contact tires, comptech springs, tokico illuminas, and comptech sways doesn't handle even close to as well as my 330 does stock.....I do know this.

BTW---did you find this article before or after you originally stated that "with the correct combo on the TLs... it would probably out handle them both hands down." You said it so matter of factly that the CL outhandled the BMW 330 in a recent C&D test.......oh, and unless it was this month's C&D, I couldn't find any articles on a comparo between the two.