professional paint cleaning??

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 07:43 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
professional paint cleaning??

I have a 00 TL. Since i live in an apt complex my car has to be parked out doors. needless to say I'm anticipating the end of the year when we buy a house with a garage!!!!

In anycase, I've been trying to keep the paint well maintained as best as possible. I've been taking my car regularly to a hand wash car wash here in the bay. Every month or so I'll get a wax job done on it just to keep it protected.

Since the cars' been under the elements 24hrs a day I find I'm fighting a losing battle. Sure my paint is still somewhat smooth, it's just not the same as if I had it under a garage at night.

The rules of my apt. lease don't allow any maintenace of cars on the premesis. (another bul@#$%% rule!)

Bottom line has anyone had their car professionally polished? Or has anyone taken the car to a professional shop to be detailed? (buff job included?) Don't get me wrong I envy all of you who get to use your spare Saturdays to work on your paint. (oh how I miss those days)

Let me know if anyones taken their car in to a shop to have the paint buffed.

In addition I've encountered a couple of permanent stains from those damn pigeons. I'm really looking to get them off.

To get those @#$% birds back I now leave bread crumbs mixed with crushed Alcaseltzer in a bowl. Then I watch em fly a couple of feet and plop dead as their stomachs explode. @#$% em! They deserved it anyway.