problems with exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 12:43 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problems with exhaust?

I'm planning to get the comptech exhaust. Just asking if anyone has ever had any problems with their exhaust. I'm having my dealership install it, but still if there are any potential problems, I'd rather avoid the ordeal.

Has anyone had any weird knocking, pings, sounds, or any problems whatsoever by installing the exhaust? I had one friend whose "check engine" light keep going off after he install an exhaust on his accord.

Also, one of my buds said to skip the exhaust due to the "ghetto sound" it makes. I mean the tl is a LUXURY car and not a "rice burner" or tru sports car, which usually have that exhaust note. What do you guys think?

also any problems with emissions?

abe
Old 09-02-2002, 06:05 AM
Instructor

well the comtech are axle back, so its really easy to install.. get under your car.. and look at the mufflers.. you will see the bolts where it connects to the y-pipe.. thats all you have to un-bolt, and put the comptechs on... nothing hard.

You wont have any prblems, many people installed these.

Personally I wouldnt get them.. i had them and found them to be annoying and they dont add any HP. So its basicly for show and sound. It gets really annoying inside the car if your radio is down and you are talking to a passenger. IMO
Old 09-02-2002, 01:34 PM
Instructor

ic. anyone have any experience with the silencers? i was planning on having the dealership install the silencers immediately after installing the exhaust, but i wanted to see what it would feel like for a while w/o the silencers. But how much would they charge to install just the silencers, i mean like a couple weeks after installing the exhuast? is it really something you cant mess up:?( silencer installation)

also i've read about posts concerning uneven exhaust tips? anyone have any experience after this, when having the exhaust professionally installed/??
thanks

abe
Old 09-03-2002, 09:26 AM
Burning Brakes

The stock exhaust tips are usally uneven in most cases, so I can see the concern for the comptechs being uneven, but you can rig them so they are even if they don't wanna line up. . As for the sound, I am not an aftermarket exhaust fan, just don't like the sound/drone of most, but if I was gonna get an aftermarket exhaust, it would certainly be the comptechs. They aren't overly loud, but still louder than I wanted for daily driving. I prefer my Tl-S exhaust, everybody on AV6.com made fun of me for getting it instead of an aftermarket system, but I just didn't like the sound of any of the aftermarkets and the tips were always too large for my tastes.