Problem with Curry Acura, GRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 05:40 PM
Extreme Lurker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Problem with Curry Acura, GRRRR

OK, so I get a phone call today saying my car is ready to be picked up. She was in the shop for a week to get a new transmission. So im driving in the rental Yukon in the rain all happy and excited. Talk to the service reps, blah blah blah, they give me my keys, I go to my car. Talk a walk around her, she seems ok cosmetically. But when i get inside and turn my radio on, there was no display. I have an aftermarket head unit from Clarion, those flip screens, the radio works, sound comes on, but no display Im like what the hell, this worked before. so im in my car playing with it, resetting it, powering it on and off, no display. OK now im starting to panic, so i go back inside and talk to the guy who wrote me up and he's like I dunno, we don't touch the radio. Im like Then why doesn't it work? It was working when i dropped it off. Then the service manager comes over and I tell him that my display from my radio isn't coming on. He's like Yeah and. Now im ready to scream at these guys. They're like trying to walk away and Im like what's gonna happen now. And some dumb ass service guy was like, You wanna leave it over nite and we'll look at it. Im like now how am I going to get home? So now I don't know what to do, im gonna call Acura HQ and tell them my dilemma. Anyone knows what I can do? HELP.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:49 PM
BDI
Banned

Curry Acura phuckin' suks! Next time take the extra drive and go to Park Ave.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:51 PM
Extreme Lurker

I normally goto Park ave acura, its just that my transmission died last week and they are the closest one to my house. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I just wanna pimp slap those 2 guys in the Service Dept.:chainsaw: :bigun2: :rocketwho :rocketwho
Old 06-03-2003, 07:01 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I know this won't help your situation at all but Curry Acura sucks hairy ones.

If you can't get to Park Ave you can also try Acura of Westchester in Larchmont.

I can see them telling you that it is an aftermarket radio and there is nothing that they can do for you because you can't prove that the problem existed before you dropped the car off. In fact, you may be trying to pull a fast one on them. If they even offer to check it out then I also see them CHARGING you up the waazoo for their assessment.

I'd suggest you find out who the District Manager is for this area. Send a note/letter or something. Hell, if you need signatures, I'll be first in line to help you.

But Curry Acura is by far the WORST Acura dealership in the NY/NJ/CT Tri-State area.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:18 PM
President Team Lilirish

print out this thread and show it to the guy and tell him that if he dosn't fix it,all these people who have had problems with this dealership will complain to acuras headquaters. i would think that if u had 5 people who had problems with one dealership he wouldn't want the headquters to find out
Old 06-03-2003, 07:35 PM
Racer

DONT EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER go to Curry. I have been EXTREMELY happy with Acura of Westchester. The guys in there are nice and they help you out alot whenever they can.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lets get down to brass tacks. Many Radios get their display power from the constant 12v. I would check the fuses to see if one of them has blown. Its happened before, as I was an installer for 15 years and that was usually all that was wrong when some one came to the shop with the very same problem you have. Note that after you check the car fuses, if you dont find any of them blown, you may have to pull the head unit to check the fuses on the radio harness.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:09 AM
Bada Bing

Yeah I have to agree, CURRY Acura is the absolute worst dealership to ever deal with. I've never dealt with their service dept but when I was looking to buy my TL their sales dept treated me like a joke. Mind you I wasn't 17, I was 25 so I wouldn't have been wasting their time. Then once they paid me the slightest bit of mind (after waiting 30 minutes for a sales rep) all the guy was trying to do is sell me on the dealership, not even the car. I've also heard nightmare stories of their mechanics years ago having customer's cars stolen and "broken in to", although they did this buy supplying their shiesty friends with copies of the keys. Like 7 of their mechanics got busted for this.

I use Acura of Westchester in Larchmont, they're friendly, honest and treat you with respect. I can say though that their mechanics do turn the radios on, I've witnessed it on my car but the entire sales dept is aware of all my mods and how I treat the car so if anything happens they won't try to blind side me with BS.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Extreme Lurker

Trust me im not trying to pull a fast one here saying my radio is all messed up, I can have my gf and her parents vouch for me that it was working. I was driving them around when my tranny died and we were all listening to some old Michael Jackson while driving home from Mohegan and everything was working. I just got a call from ACura CLient services, i will call them back and see what they have to say.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:36 AM
Extreme Lurker

Trust me im not trying to pull a fast one here saying my radio is all messed up, I can have my gf and her parents vouch for me that it was working. I was driving them around when my tranny died and we were all listening to some old Michael Jackson while driving home from Mohegan and everything was working. I just got a call from ACura CLient services, i will call them back and see what they have to say.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:25 AM
Racer

No, you misunderstand.

I BELIEVE YOU.

I was saying that they might try to say that you are pulling a fast one.

Do not accept that excuse.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Extreme Lurker

My bads dude, i misread. heheh sorriez

So i got off the phone with the Acura Customer service, there's nothing they can do, i will just have to take it up with Curry ACura. I even asked the guy from Acura if he wanted to read this thread about curry acura he told me he doens't have email over there. Wassup with that? What if i go back to my place where i get my stereo installed and they determine its busted, how should i take it up with Curry Acura? Should i even let their people look at it? THe service manager Larry says that they have an outside service that will look over the radio. I am so , i just wanna drink scotch and call it a nite.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

CHECK THE FUSES. ITS GONNA BE A FUSE. Dont get to worked up about it. First check the ones in the car, and then if they all check out ok, pull the head and check the constant hot power fuse on the radio's wire harness.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:28 AM
yeah i'm bored.

i dont think its a fuse, unless i misread it, he says the radio works, just no display.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:07 PM
Racer

take it back to the initial installer.
if its under warranty, have them fix it.

you're not going to get any resolution that will work for you from CURRY.

don't let them touch anything if you can help it.

If it's not under warranty and the original installer confirms that there is a problem. then go back to Curry and file a complaint with the Service Manager, Dealership Owner/Administration and threaten to go to the District Representative and Corporate Complaints/Claims, the BBB, the NYSDMV regulatory division, the NYS Insurance & Consumer Affairs Department, the North American Dealership Association, your local and state legislators, senators and whoever will listen to the travesty that occurred to you a law abiding tax paying citizen at this disgusting dealership.

I'm there for you man. Just have your facts and a strong stance on what outcomes you want.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by agean
i dont think its a fuse, unless i misread it, he says the radio works, just no display.
Yeah but thats right, many head units will power up through swtiched power, but will not display if the constant power is out. The constant power keeps the radio station memory set but some manufacturers also use that power feed for illumating the display. Dunno why they do, but i was an installer for many years so i know this to be a fact.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Extreme Lurker

Arghhhhhhh, finally home, drinking Macallan Malt Scotch now, *sigh* i will wait till tomorrow to take it to the original installer. Who wants a drink?
Old 06-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Pro

Originally posted by CrackPuppy
Arghhhhhhh, finally home, drinking Macallan Malt Scotch now, *sigh* i will wait till tomorrow to take it to the original installer. Who wants a drink?
that's what I'm talkin about... mmm.... You get the 12 yr or 18? I usually get the 12 b/c I go through so many bottles I can't afford to regularly replenish the 18yr.

good luck on your stereo probs. I guess I gotta stop going to Curry for service.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:57 PM
Cruisin'

they were probally working on the car with the radio on like most places do when your not around and/or accidently touched the wrong wire and burnt the system.. And if it's the Clarion touch screen they problly accidently burned out the florencent tubes, you might want to check them. why don't you take out the deck and double check the wires.
I have a touch screen navi, and everytime i leave and check the last location it's always one of those mech's home address or something. They're ****s.