Price & Third Party Listings

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2001, 08:58 PM

Exclamation Price & Third Party Listings

I live in Houston and have a deposit down on a TLS. I am a little pissed that the dealers (from what I am reading) will not deal at all, especially given the lack lustre economy and from what I am gathering, somewhat of a lack of demand. I agree maybe demand will pick up a bit after more marketing by Acura and also after a few of us get out on the road "turning heads." But paying MSRP really guts me! Even if they would come off $500-$1000, that would be better because the thought of paying sticker just rubs me wrong.

This, OF COURSE, is my own preference and to each his own.

On another note, does nayone know why Kellys Blue Book, Edmunds.com and other similar third party car pricing guides do not have the '02 TLS listed yet. We can now get all of the MSRP data, but what about the dealer invoice, etc.?????
Old 03-20-2001, 07:43 PM

Thumbs up

Good sign? Well maybe . . .

I never thought that I would say this, but with today's pitiful performance in the stock market after a lowering of interest rates sure gives me a sign that the economy is slow. Why is this good?

Maybe Acura dealers will feel the heat, and to move cars--start dealing!!!

By the way, my salesman called me today and said my car had arrived!!! What, I said!?!? I thought it wasn't going to be built until March 22nd (two days away).

He explained that a deal had fallen through because a guy could not get financing, so I was next in line for the car. I think this was a line, but I am not sure. I'm thinking (positively) that this may be a sign that demand is not what the dealers think it is.