Post pics of your double din TVs

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vjdude
you can keep the steering wheels controls..but its going to cost 200-300$ extra.Apparently the connector is different.
Not true....mine did not...it all depends on the brand of Navi you get.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blitz
And here is the proof:
SWI-ALP Factory Steering Wheel Interface

Silly rabbit
this module is compatible with most radios. I have it setup with my alpine. Installation wasn't hard @ all.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Advanced

Is Streeteffectz a local place or do they have an online storefront?

I checked Streeteffectz .com but it seems to be under construction.

I like that faceplate for the double din and want to order it.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You'll have to just call them. Their store front is located in NJ. Wish it was local.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i made this one myself out of a metra kit

Old 06-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Recently turned 18

That's nice. I'd like mine to look exactly like that....but better! hahaha. Naw, that one is about what I'm hoping for. Upper tray, flushness and all.

Hoping the Alpine can get the same treatment.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:45 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JMAL

Old 06-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Malayalee King
thanks my fellow malu
Old 06-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Instructor

^ whoa that is fire

i like it, just slap some of that black marble or whatever its called in the black interiors around it

I wanna do that to me 00 Tl, what is that kit called? and where can i get it form?
Old 06-21-2006, 02:03 AM
Instructor

Talking

That's exactly how i wanted mine to Look. JMAL got skillz. You gots a pm.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:13 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts

That looks great. The material of the panel surrounding the TV matches the rest of the interior almost. very nice.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Intermediate

^ whoa that is fire

i like it, just slap some of that black marble or whatever its called in the black interiors around it
For anyone who wants to get this look.

Normal installation with normal plate kit.

And one of these kits:

http://stores.ebay.com/BDTrims-USA
(search for Acura TL, comes in both faux-wood colorings)
Old 06-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Racer

I couldn't stand the way the tv looked in my car so I had another kit made..

Old 06-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Recently turned 18

GreeneggsandHam- Damn, who made that? I need a flippin kit! I want mine to leave the upper pocket though. To me, that looks a bit more factory. I love that yours is completely flush though! You do it or a shop?
Old 06-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
GreeneggsandHam- Damn, who made that? I need a flippin kit! I want mine to leave the upper pocket though. To me, that looks a bit more factory. I love that yours is completely flush though! You do it or a shop?
Do like JMAL did and use the metra kit and modify it.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Advanced

The metra it isn't tall enough to cover the upper pocket though, is it?
Old 06-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by phaze
no the metra is only the size of the stock radio.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by phaze
The guy i was responding to wanted to keep teh pocket. Looks better imho with it there.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Instructor

Thought the Bluetooth module was out already. Can any of you W200 owners show me some of the backgrounds?
Here you go Blitz, sorry it took so long.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:14 PM

nyshadow, i assume you put thoes wallpapers on via ipersonalize right? how did you do it.. i cant seem to figure it out
Old 06-24-2006, 03:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Blazin_TL
nyshadow, i assume you put thoes wallpapers on via ipersonalize right? how did you do it.. i cant seem to figure it out

The frist Wallpaper is from I-Personalize, the rest are from another website where a guy figured out how to create his own wall papers from jpeg files. What you do is first create a i-personalize account and then down load the wall papaers, they will be .apn files. Then you have to burn the files to a CDR, even though the w200 is a dvd player for the wallpapers it has to be on a CDR disk. Also the radio will only see 10 files perdisk. Now in order to access the i-personalize menu's you have to unlock them via the foot brake, parking brake sequence. Hold the foot brake, then enguage the parking brake, now continue to hold the foot brake, and disenguage the parking brake, still holding the foot brake, enguage the parking brake, still holding the foot brake disenguage the parking brake, still holding the foot brake enguage the parking brake once more, then release the foot brake leaving the parking brake enguage you should now be able to access the setup menus. Once you hit setup you will see the i-personalize option if you did the brake thing right. Then just pop in your background cd you made and it should take you right to the download screen, select which background you want via the left side up and down arrows then hit the memory button on the lower right and it should down load the file and that's pretty much it. I'm not sure on the brake sequence, check you user manuel to be sure.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:43 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GreeneggsandHam
I couldn't stand the way the tv looked in my car so I had another kit made..

That looks better flushed, i guess that's my next mod. Now my questions is why does the W200 screen looks so small compared to the other double din lcd radios. jmal, rascalion and i go to costco what type of radios do you have and what is the screen size?. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:57 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Built a carputer a year ago. I did all the fab work and yes I know it sucks but hell I have a 100gb MP3 player/video player/dvd player/cd burner/GPS/Ipod Ready product. If I ever get around to redoing it...maybe this week I will update pics.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=carputer
Old 06-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Recently turned 18

Originally Posted by Nyshadow
The frist Wallpaper is from I-Personalize, the rest are from another website where a guy figured out how to create his own wall papers from jpeg files.
Yo, I just found that website last week. I was hoping someone here would see it, now how to do it. I haven't been back to see if he had any updates though, but whenever I finally get my W200 installed I might be hitting you up for a How To For Dummies step by step. I've seen some ILL wallpapers on the 3GTL Navi hack. I'd like something like what they have. Thanks for the screenshots though. Now I really know it can be done.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

jmal... how hard is it to custom make it like that?
ive been contemplating bout getting a double din tv... dont really want to spend 250 for the kit tho.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Are any of you guys worried about getting your head units stolen? I am seriously thinking about purchasing a double din but with the screen always visible im worried that my car will get too much negative attention.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by big mike 13
jmal... how hard is it to custom make it like that?
ive been contemplating bout getting a double din tv... dont really want to spend 250 for the kit tho.
it take time and comfort with a dremel, sanding, spray painting and bondo. i have done things like this before so it wasnt soo awful. you have to have a very reasonable idea of what you want and what will fit in the car. i did it the first time with out even seeing inside the dash and i nailed it the first time. its not the hardest thing, its more of a confidence thing plus you can make it how you want. i am making some for some members in the next week or so. pm me if your interested and not in a hurry.

Originally Posted by merkin110
Are any of you guys worried about getting your head units stolen? I am seriously thinking about purchasing a double din but with the screen always visible im worried that my car will get too much negative attention.
yeah i am. i just got my windows tinted 35% (i know that not going to help that much but its better then window shopping as people walk by) and i also turn off the screen and lower the sound near where i live and when ever i park it. if you give someone the reason to think you dont have the stock bloze, then they would have to be looking in your car to even be tempted. i know its not fool proof, but thats what insurance is for. when i made my kit its mounted to the kits itself and the car framing. most 2 dins that other people have just mount to the frame and then you pull the panels off and take off the screws and its out. mine you have to unscrew it, and unmount the faceplate to take it out. i know if you pull hard enough it will break off, but if it takes them a minute more to get out, ill probably still have the unit and just replace some trim.

oh nyshadow... i have a pioneer avic Z1 and its 7" touch
Old 06-30-2006, 02:01 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by merkin110

Thats what i was worried about too. That's why i would like it ISO Mounted, this way they would have to pull the whole dash apart to get it, and i'll be installing a viper 791 so hopefully it will give me some time. I've also come to the reality that if a good theif wants your stuff, he's going to get it. I try to keep all receipts for any thing extra i install so this way when it comes time to talk to the insurance adjuster i got proof of all my stuff. When i lived in NY my car was broken in to about 3 times, and it's frustrating once you get your car just the way you want it and have to start all over. Best defense in my opinion is a garage, or prehaps a mine field.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Advanced

Will insurance always cover the stereo and such if you have receipts? I've heard of some saying aftermarket stuff wasn't covered. I have geico but dunno. I've always lowered my music when I get close to home or someplace I'm staying. Even with just my old stock headunit.

With my IVA-W200 I'll end up shutting it off as I get home. I also usually take different routes home sometimes just to shake things up. The flush W200 looks nice. I'm pretty sure my installer just sucks but he told me that with the navi in the car that they couldn't fit the w200 flush. Which I think is bs.

I sent my installer some pics of the flush w200's from this site as they are redoing my dash because they freaking tried to tell me my car was done, and when I went to pick it up the dash kit ws cracked in the corner and glue was all over the place.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NYDennis1
Will insurance always cover the stereo and such if you have receipts?
i have geico also, and i have additional coverage for it added on. i dont rememeber how much more it was, but it wasnt a lot at all.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:36 AM
Instructor

When i lived in NY i had NY mutual insurance, when my car was broken in to the claims rep said they don't cover radios, but when the adjuster came and i showed receipts for every thing, not only did they cover my radio they also covered my subs and amps. I need to call my insurance company tomorrow and make sure my stuff will be covered as well, policys differ depending on which insurance company you have, wouldn't hurt to call and make sure everything is covered.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:26 AM
Advanced

Yeah I called Geico already. If I spent 4500-5000 my insurance would go up 120 dollars a year. ATM I wish everything would get stolen because I've had nothing but a headache with this install. Maybe I'd get a good night sleep. Afterall they have had my car a week and a day now.

1. Cracked kit, globs of glue. They fixed it and it's decent now but they never should have shown me the car in that condition
2. Air conditioning controls didn't work lastnight when I picked up the car
3. Insane amount of Engine noise and the salesman tells me that having some engine noise is normal because I'm using amplifiers. He must think I was born yesterday.
4. The moulding where they put the sirus antenna is lifting up.

All in all never go to Sound Trax Soundtrax in Centereach, NY they just do the most lousy job and don't make you feel comfortable at all.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NYDennis1
Yeah I called Geico already. If I spent 4500-5000 my insurance would go up 120 dollars a year. ATM I wish everything would get stolen because I've had nothing but a headache with this install. Maybe I'd get a good night sleep. Afterall they have had my car a week and a day now.

1. Cracked kit, globs of glue. They fixed it and it's decent now but they never should have shown me the car in that condition
2. Air conditioning controls didn't work lastnight when I picked up the car
3. Insane amount of Engine noise and the salesman tells me that having some engine noise is normal because I'm using amplifiers. He must think I was born yesterday.
4. The moulding where they put the sirus antenna is lifting up.

All in all never go to Sound Trax Soundtrax in Centereach, NY they just do the most lousy job and don't make you feel comfortable at all.

Avenue Sound is pretty good. They have a few stores. Freeport, Patchogue, and i think babylon. They installed my Alarm on my old car and they did a good job. There's always streetefxs right over the bridge in NJ if your willing to take the drive.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:04 PM
G.I.F.I

double din kit

Can someone please tell me where to get that double din kit and how much?
I already have a custom one that i cut myself but it is nothing like these kits that you guys have.
03 acura tl
AVN 5435
Old 03-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by jb2938
Can someone please tell me where to get that double din kit and how much?
I already have a custom one that i cut myself but it is nothing like these kits that you guys have.
03 acura tl
AVN 5435
Look in the "Sponsored Sales and Group Buys" area under "OFF TOPIC". You will find a nice man there that will give you a great deal on a custom kit. He is an Official Vendor here at Acurazine. Also a professional installer of 9 years. Pretty sure he does a lot of custom work for Acurazine members.

Check him out!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Samples for all!!

Old 03-14-2007, 02:31 AM
Used Registerer

here's mine... turned out really well. cartoys in north seattle (about two minutes from home...). housing is REALLY solid.

no nav, has steering wheel control, sirius, and is connected to the factory sub/amp. playstation is attached to it, and has one slave screen attached to the drivers' headrest (for teh offspring).
Old 03-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Moe T

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
^ whoa that is fire

Where did you get the wood trim to fit around the double din like that??
Old 03-19-2007, 06:17 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
please see previous posts
Old 04-20-2007, 12:09 AM
3rd Gear

First off mad props on this!!.Second, which pioneer model is this? I want to get the avic z2 but i want to still be able to use the steering volume control. And can you watch dvd's and drive at the same time?

Quick Reply: Post pics of your double din TVs