Possum on a Gumbush!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Possum on a Gumbush!

Trying to get my windshield replaced because it has several dings and lots of pitting from winter weather etc. Kind of angry with my insurance coverage, though. I have glass coverage, so they'll foot the bill for the least expensive glass they can find to throw in there. I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to stuff like this, and I didn't buy a nice car (and pay the insurance) to have them throw on cheap parts when I need to make a claim. Don't you think insurance should cover REPLACEMENT of the actual item and not a close facsimile thereof? Your thoughts please...
Old 12-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
shouldn't you just go to the glass installer place, and let them take care of the claim? that's what i did for my gf's car. she had glass insurance and someone threw a brick to the back windshield, so i just called up the glass installer place first, then they took care of it from there.
the place i went to installs OEM glass. (reason why i chose them)
Old 12-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Yes it is!

Some drunk threw a bottle on top of my car, nasty dent/scrape close to the windshield. Happened in the parking lot of the company I happened to be working for at the moment, and they said they would reimburse my insurance deductable to get it fixed. So I took it over to an Acura dealer's body shop to get it handled.

Well, they had to remove the windshield to get at the dent, and while replacing it they broke it. Guy calls me up to tell me, and I ask if it will be OEM, and he says no, but the aftermarket windshield will be the same if not better. I was like yeah, right, and was pretty miffed, but it wasn't like I could drive it around to shop for a place that sells OEM, and the guy at the dealer told me I'd have a hard time, almost all of the places use aftermarket since supposedly Honda's are so expensive, and the aftermarkets are pretty good.

Well I got the car back and I got over it pretty fast. It's an exact duplicate. Same tint on top, same dot matrix near the mirror, everything. Just no "Honda" logo in the corner. I can't even tell it's not the same one.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Racer

Yeah, one guy told me it would be the same glass - I gave him the info off my windshield - minus the Honda logo. I guess my reaction was the same as yours - "yeah sure". But yours has the dot matrix by the mirror exactly as the original?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Yes it is!

As far as i can remember what the OEM dot matrix looked like, yes.